Gran Turismo 7 - PS5 reboot!
  • isanbard wrote:
    You can get fairly sturdy folding steering wheel and pedal Mount things Drum but they just kind of fold up like a deck chair or just in half kind of thing. It’s still going to be a daft gert wheel thing.. you just might be able to hide it away more easily.

Yeah, I've seen those. In fact, the Facebook algo is always pimping them to me. It knows what I want. ;)

Me in 2 weeks...

ironing-board-racer-jpg.1412960
  • I did the World Touring Car 700 event at Circuit de la Sarthe, 30 minute duration, managed to finish in 1st! Got the clean race bonus despite coming off the track about 4 or 5 times and hitting the pit wall at like 50mph, so a sweet 880,000 credits in the bank!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I tried that and ran out of fuel, would have to pit stop every lap. Not sure how to sort my cars according to fuel tank size
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    drumbeg wrote:
    isanbard wrote:
    You can get fairly sturdy folding steering wheel and pedal Mount things Drum but they just kind of fold up like a deck chair or just in half kind of thing. It’s still going to be a daft gert wheel thing.. you just might be able to hide it away more easily.
    Yeah, I've seen those. In fact, the Facebook algo is always pimping them to me. It knows what I want. ;) Me in 2 weeks... ironing-board-racer-jpg.1412960

There aren't enough pics of knocky sim rigs online...

cheapest-racing-simulator-sim-iracing-assetto-corsa-e1589223396636.jpg?resize=1920%2C768&ssl=1
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • cockbeard wrote:
    I tried that and ran out of fuel, would have to pit stop every lap. Not sure how to sort my cars according to fuel tank size

You need to adjust the fuel useage on the d-pad.. it's set by default for max performance but burns through the fuel.
    The Forum Herald™
  • There aren't enough pics of knocky sim rigs online... cheapest-racing-simulator-sim-iracing-assetto-corsa-e1589223396636.jpg?resize=1920%2C768&ssl=1

There's a lot to unpack in this one. Fire safety, cable management, seat height/neck issues...

I'm thinking I should just get me a wheel and roll with it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:

You need to adjust the fuel useage on the d-pad.. it's set by default for max performance but burns through the fuel.

Hmmm, interesting, will do
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Last one, I promise:

16djzjmcgur41.jpg
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Livery of the day...

6fddfaa634a64255d4f8a36f689e89b4_thumb_l_x2.jpg

7a63bad41dab71a9979fa15aabf81ee5_photo.webp
  • Been enjoying some rally in my Mcrae Impreza 97 rally machine.

3549b458189234d3d95aa992f5225565_photo.webp
  • Superb. One of my all timers. I had no idea there was proper rallying in this! I've only managed an hour on this so far.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The lighting on that SpongeBob beech scene is sublime.
  • kestla wrote:
    Superb. One of my all timers. I had no idea there was proper rallying in this! I've only managed an hour on this so far.

There's no proper rally as such. There are some dirt events with questionable physics, but I find them good fun.

Stick your favourite retro livery on, pick a dirt track and suspend your belief a little.
  • Apparently the rally physics have been improved
    The Forum Herald™
  • A Race A win last night. Still plenty of room for improvement, but the other racers playing dodgem cars helped. I think there is something to be said for having a go at the start of the week before everyone has learned the track well.

FQGJdQCWUAImiJ3?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Race guide from Tidgney...

• cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Aaaah, the GTO, that was the car that took me through my first GT play through about 25 years ago. White and green puma livery
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:

Hmmm, interesting, will do

I was using a Gr.4 Hyundai Genesis, perhaps it has a larger fuel tank? Were you using a road car? I wasn't really adjusting the fuel and could manage about 2.3 laps.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Doing some Quick time trialling yesterday did suggest that the a race was going to be total carnage.. lots of very deep braking 1st gear corners off fast sections that will just funnel folks into death.

Will give it a crack later..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Yeah. Corner 1 seems to catch so many people out. I just take my time (if I'm not in pole) and let others take themselves out of the race. Also the hairpin in the latter section. The guide above has a great tip on how to take places on that section. Last section is all about slow in, fast out.

There is a lot of scope for error on this track though. No penalties for coming right off the track at certain points, but clip a corner where you see a red post and it's a 0.5 second pen.
  • If anyone is trying the endurance races, whilst there is set countdown, 30 or 60 minutes if you're still on a last lap, you have to finish that last lap, it doesn't just end when the timer hits, bewilderingly.

Earlier I ended up having to coast a final lap with 0.6 of a lap fuel remaining, whilst everyone behind me had finished as they crossed the line after the timer had hit 30 minutes, so the entire field but me had finished and I'm having to coast home to a victory on a thimble of fuel, pretty bad game design really!
  • Sounds like something they will patch out.
  • Sounds like proper racing rules, no?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Yeah, was gonna say.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    That’s just enduro racing rules isn’t it, as hodge suggested?

Like Le Mans 24hrs. Everyone is racing to a time limit and the number of laps you can get in within that limit is the ‘race’ right?

GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I defer to your superior knowledge guys. I stand corrected.

So, if you are mid lap and the time runs out, the last lap doesn't count, but you still have to finish?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Last lap counts, and you have to finish, I think

edit: Wouldn't normally matter so much in a long endurance race as there will normally be laps between places, very rarely mere seconds
  • Think of it as the number of laps you can start in that time limit. Next time you cross the line is the number of laps completed.
    Does that make sense?
    Think of F1 qualifying maybe. Each session is 15mins (?). If you cross the line at 14.59, your next lap is still valid for timing.
    Or in a GP, the winner gets the chequered flag and puts everyone on their final lap. If you've been passed, you're given a +1 or 2 laps. You don't have to complete the race.
    I know that's kinda the opposite of this but kinda similar! :)
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Nice Dodge Super Bee to add to the collection.

db8d7b4fed2ef8af44a047e8a8b97c03_photo.webp
  • Ah, fair enough. I will know to wait by the finish line next time if I've built up a considerable lead.
  • Can’t believe it’ll let you enter an endurance race where you might need an inter or wet weather tire with out having them available 32 minutes into
    A race round the red bull ring and it’s raining hard but I have no wet weather tyres
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!