Gran Turismo 7 - PS5 reboot!
  • Bob wrote:
    Can’t believe it’ll let you enter an endurance race where you might need an inter or wet weather tire with out having them available 32 minutes into A race round the red bull ring and it’s raining hard but I have no wet weather tyres

Yeah, ridiculous, should be an option to at least purchase them at the trackside?
  • Huge exploit on Race A. Someone used this shortcut through the barriers in a race I was in. I tested the theory myself. No penalty. Took about 2 seconds off my fastest lap.

• isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    No Drum. Not a chance. Filthy track abuse limits should get your gt racing license revoked or put down with the destruction derby folks.

How would you sleep at night? Would Lewis do it Drum? Eh?
    Still yet to actually find the time to get into a race this week but have shaved a few seconds off the a qually time. By driving betterer around the legal corners Drum. Tsk.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Pretty remarkable what’s considered a huge exploit in the world of Gran Turismo, I had to watch that twice as I thought I’d missed it first time around.
  • Yes, that's the point. There should be a penalty (which would in turn hurt SR), but there isn't.

Just putting it out there. Doubt it will get patched out immediately, since the race will only be there for around for a week.

Loving Race B. Great sense of speed on Tokyo Expressway. The Atenza seems dominant. I think that's another thing they need to patch. Current BoP gives it a big advantage over other cars.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Pretty remarkable what’s considered a huge exploit in the world of Gran Turismo, I had to watch that twice as I thought I’d missed it first time around.

It's worth seconds. Huge margins in a circuit racer.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Ay Drum. Lots of winky smiley implied clearly but I’d also hope that anyone in my race doing that is qualifying a good 2 seconds faster than I can around the track legally so could probably get blasted early enough around a corner or two or just lunch it off the track in a braking zone.

Sport always had quite a lot of issues with track limits and various bop balancing for its entire lifespan really. I guess the idea would be to try to get your sportsmanship rating higher and hope that more of the folks around in the higher ranks are less likely to cheat and le Bob like madmen.

Not a guarantee obviously but still…
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • btw, if it was deemed legal in the race, I reckon Lewis would do it. ;)
  • Here to second the rain and tyres issue. Just a wee indicator before the race of, "yo dude, might wanna install Intermediates" would be nice.

This is where playing on PS4 falls by the wayside with its loading of everything.
  • Defo needs some little QoL improvements like that. All that menu-jumping must be frustrating on PS4 (it's bad enough on PS5).
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Huge exploit on Race A. Someone used this shortcut through the barriers in a race I was in. I tested the theory myself. No penalty. Took about 2 seconds off my fastest lap.

They have fixed this and scrubbed some of the top 10 cheaty times.

Not sure how they removed the exploit remotely, but there is an invisible wall in place now. I know it's always online, but it's kind of scary that they can edit our tracks without a patch!
  • drumbeg wrote:
    drumbeg wrote:
    Huge exploit on Race A. Someone used this shortcut through the barriers in a race I was in. I tested the theory myself. No penalty. Took about 2 seconds off my fastest lap.

Not sure how they removed the exploit remotely, but there is an invisible wall in place now. I know it's always online, but it's kind of scary that they can edit our tracks without a patch!

That's the whole point of it being online though, top work I say.
  • digi wrote:
    drumbeg wrote:
    drumbeg wrote:

That's the whole point of it being online though, top work I say.

I mean, not really?

MP sessions by definition will be always online. That’s…online multiplayer.
  • Yeah but then it would
    Require a patch
    The Forum Herald™
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'd approximate the best possible gain and then +1 the penalty. So if the biggest gain for eligible cars is 2 seconds, +3. Hate invisible walls.
  • Yeah. I presume the invisible wall is just a stop gap measure that they rushed out. A penalty is the proper way to deal with this.

Done with Race A now. Have a couple more wins in the bag.

Race B is a rollercoaster. High octane stuff. A very different experience to A.
  • Couple of cars I've loved driving, so had to treat them to the Scapes treatment.

557996501711e67456102de738d95be2-photo.webp

8dca231e3df9a645279b40158b6e49f2-photo.webp
  • Oooh. Love that fuel station setting.

Just had my favourite win so far in Sport Race B. From pole I stayed out in front for a few laps and then cracked under pressure and picked up a wall collision penalty. Knew I was still in with a shot, and there was no-one behind me but then picked up another 1.5 second pen and from nowhere, I was in 3rd. Was kind of resigned to 3rd but kept on and somehow caught up and prayed for a tussle ahead of me...

...and low and behold, 1st and 2nd picked up a penalty or two each, I crossed the line 3rd, but right on their tails to take the win!

Amazing race. Great sportsmen. Exchanged some messages after.

New ride bought with some winnings...

f3f88af79fef63c9d3d9e85d83caaede_photo.webp

…and it’s horrible to drive.
  • The rev counter is completely broken on that car!

I did an online race and came first plus got the fastest lap so that was fun!
  • Good job.

Are we linked on PSN? Always looking for more times to aim at.
  • I'm happy to add you, what's your PSN? I think my times will function more as elevating the greatness of your times!

Also, I have found the circuit experience to be a nice little earner, and you get to learn the track, win win! Don't think you can do these events more than once though and get the huge bonuses? Or at all?
  • My PSN is drumbegmonsmeg.

Aye. Circuit experience is one of my favourite challenges. Only got all gold on one track and picked up a cool million.

Think you are right in that they only pay out once.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I've spent far too long trying to gold the Laguna Seca full lap. I've had to move on.
  • That's one track I'd like to drive in real life someday, must have been playing it on racing games for 15+ years now?
  • New weekly race guide...

Best finish so far is a 2nd place on Race A.
  • I managed to come 3rd on race A, lots of argy-bargy, have just done race B, I do love Monza, but couldn't eek out more than the 2 minutes and 3 seconds kind of laptime, think I came 4th or 5th? presumably I can adjust my downforce in these races to give myself some straight line speed! One racer was trying to cheat on the chicane and kept getting 0.5 second penalties, but I managed to overtake him after his forced deceleration the second to last lap!

I do find that a lot of people seem to panic or lose concentration if you are hot on their heels, or just in general they seem to mess up, even though their lap times are better than mine by quite a few seconds.
  • I always keep in mind to just drive smooth, use as much of the track as I can
  • That's a great video Drum. I like the action too. Well worth a watch. I'm so  tempted to get online with it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • ZMM wrote:
    I do find that a lot of people seem to panic or lose concentration if you are hot on their heels, or just in general they seem to mess up, even though their lap times are better than mine by quite a few seconds.

Definitely. Last weeks Race B in Tokyo was all about pressure and waiting for a mistake. Most of the time it pays off. Takes nerves of steel to lead from the front sometimes.
  • I did watch your video as well, Drum, was a great spectacle. I'm glad it was all in good spirit as well, I've had a lot of rage quits in my races, I wonder does ragequitting start to affect driver rating?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!