Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Noice.
  • Can someone explain the online penalties please.

What’s the see thru car thing all about ? The penalty system seems shite, I get barged to fuck off the track and they get no penalty, I clip someone and get a 1 second penalty? I thought GT7 was clean but I get barged to fuck all the time.

And can turn off the YouTube etiquette video?

Despite that I enjoyed it though.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Cars get ghosted when being hit with a penalty or when recovering from being off the track or going into a spin. Stops the car from interfering with the rest of the race.

As for penalties, most of the time they are fair. Just because someone hits you, doesn't mean it's their fault.
  • Dunno about that, there was only 2 of us and he barged me into the gravel and then game over
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Re- the youtube thing.. Once you've watched it all the way through it wont run again, By the time I got back from getting a beer it was done.

It's a fairly far system. It normally needs someone to actually be barged right off track. The cleaner you race the cleaner people you get matched with. Suck it up make sure your clean as fuck and you should progress past the wankers.. it's ultimately very fair most of the time.
    The Forum Herald™
  • The penalty system is absolutely necessary, but for a machine to understand intent in complex situations 100% of the time and apply the correct action is impossible.

It's why full autonomous driving ain't happening.
  • Penalties aren't always instant so they may not get them till the 'slowdown and take your penalty line'.
    Or if its final lap it will just be added on to there overall time.

I'm still working my way thru Golding everything and have 2 s licenses left, Tokyo and the final.
    Goddammit hard though .
  • digi wrote:
    Penalties aren't always instant so they may not get them till the 'slowdown and take your penalty line'.

I'm still working my way thru Golding everything and have 2 s licenses left, Tokyo and the final.
    Goddammit hard though .
    No but you can see them being applied above the cars in red
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Penalties aren't always instant so they may not get them till the 'slowdown and take your penalty line'.

Goddammit hard though .
    No but you can see them being applied above the cars in red

What I mean is if you've had a penalty before you'll k ow that sometimes they are instant and other times it might take half a lap before it's worked out how severe to punish you.
    So I this case it may not have applied instantly and he may not have seen him get the penalty but he would have got one off screen so to speak.
  • One for the penalty police.

Led this race from pole for 3 laps and then made a mistake, so let 2nd place pass me. The opponent then leaves the track and as I pass him he clips me on re-entry. Felt very harsh, and I kind of lost the plot at this point, but really, I should have just cracked on and tried to ride it out as it was only a second and could have still won (finished 3rd).

Could you argue that I was interfering with the ability of the other car to come back onto the track safely? He did have the outside line initially and I moved into it.

• A win on Race B at last. Been working towards this all week. Clean and from the front. Another one where it's effectively over early. The Alfa in 2nd does well to maintain the gap over lap 1, but then completely cocks up the first corner on lap 2.

sXEdImZ.jpg

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    drumbeg wrote:
    Could you argue that I was interfering with the ability of the other car to come back onto the track safely?

No, because he ran wide and it's up to him to reenter safely.

It would've been a penalty had the shunt spun you or damaged your car, but you gained the place and it didn't, so no need for one.
  • So I woke up at like 3am and couldn't sleep so had a little bash at this.. thought there might be less people online. There was but that meant that essentially I was in with higher rank racers.. also managed to lower my SR from  S to A.

How ever I did manage to improve my qualifying time at Laguna Seca and got 3rd position on the grid and finished second again which I was pleased with.

Not sure how the guy in the video manages to stay in 3rd gear and keep it in the power band though.. I had to drop it in to second a couple of times to get the turbo spooling
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Not sure how the guy in the video manages to stay in 3rd gear and keep it in the power band though.. I had to drop it in to second a couple of times to get the turbo spooling

On which part of the track? I'm loving all the gear shifting strategy stuff having moved from auto. Never going back!

Edit: Take a look at the power band for the Radical. I'm learning how to read this stuff still, but it looks like power peaks out way before the red band, hence the short-shifting. Really happy to be corrected/guided on this stuff.
  • He essentially goes around the last corner in third and then claims that he's in the power band and pulling away from the car behind.. essentially I have to slow down to make the apex which means there's no way it's in the power band.

I'm really enjoying the manual gear changing it works really well and gives you so  much more control and you get the advantage of engine braking.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah. That last corner is one I can never quite get right. I usually drop to 2nd. For every other part of the track I'm in line with his video.

Went back to single player last night to do a touring car race in my 80s BMW. Felt really really good with MT and the new handling model. Much more control and able to really let the car rear slide out on long bends.
  • It is definitely possible for people
    With experience to game the collision system. Some
    Guy called Dan hit me three times and got off Scott free
    The Forum Herald™
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Sounds the worst for Scott. Getting taken out like that and no penalty's given.
  • Just finished .600 behind the lead at Laguna seca! Annoyingly I was much faster through the bulk of the corners but couldn’t find a way past
    The Forum Herald™
  • Race a

Suzuka full circuit in Toyota gt86

Really cool the combination of long sweeping corners and the skinny rwd makes for an exciting race - 10th up to fourth on first race
    The Forum Herald™
  • Gave it a quick blast this morning. Really key to keep the car stabilised going into corners. Going to spend some time learning the braking points in qualifying. 

I’m hoping to drop down a rank soon so I actually have a chance in some of these races!
  • Had
    A mare at interlagos and got booted off the track really badly by the same dude twice
    The Forum Herald™
  • First pole win and fastest lap at Suzuka!
    The Forum Herald™

• Here's me making sure I don't have to do an additional "victory lap" on an endurance race
  • Bob wrote:
    First pole win and fastest lap at Suzuka!

Great job!
  • I was literally 8 seconds ahead - I guess it helps if you already know the track quite well and I’ve got an excellent line through 130r
    The Forum Herald™
  • Has any tried race 3? Tough track that
    The Forum Herald™
  • Not yet. I rarely get around to Race C, but one week I'm just going to go 100% on it.

Race A is great fun, you are right. Tons of mistakes and cars sliding off the track. The skills learnt from Race A a few weeks back in the Trueno on the same track really help. Thought I'd put in a good QT, but it only gets me 8th or 9th on the grid.

Only 36,000 or something for the BRZ so bought one and stuck a nice wing and paint job on it. Renting vanilla cars sucks ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!