Gran Turismo 7 - PS5 reboot!
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Full patch notes. https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_4999333.html Intrigued by throttle changes on DualSense. Might help with the tricky TCS on some of the feisty cars.

Big change to TCS/throttle. Spun out last night in a 650S in the last World Series event. Tried again just now and it is a lot more forgiving. Only time I nearly lost it was on a sharp corner putting pedal to the metal. Keen to revisit some of the un-drivables and see how they handle now (Renault Alpine, I'm looking at you).
  • Sweet. I'm also looking forward to trying this if it's more pad sensitive cos with traction on even 1 it really limits the revs coming out of a corner.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Have this weeks new races been released  yet Drum?

Incoming....

Sport Mode

Race A

Track: Laguna Seca, 4 laps
    Car: Radical SR3 SL ’13 – Garage/Rental Car
    Power/Weight/PP Limit: BOP
    Tires: Sports Hard
    Settings: Fixed
    Start Type: Grid Start
    Fuel use: 1x
    Tire use: 1x

Race B

Track: Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP, 4 laps
    Car: Gr.4 – Garage/Rental Car
    Tires: Racing Medium, Racing Inter/Wet
    Start Type: Rolling Start
    Fuel use: 1x
    Tire use: 1x

Race C

Track: 24 Heure du Mans, 5 laps
    Car: Gr.2 – Garage/Rental Car
    Tires: Racing Medium, Racing Inter/Wet
    Start Type: Rolling Start
    Fuel use: 5x
    Tire use: 5x

Race A in particular, I can't wait to have a crack at.
  • So the rental car feature works nicely and the rear wheel drive Radical certainly feels less wheel spinny than I think it would've had done. It has lots of grip as you'd expect from a track car and I was able to dial the TCS right off. I think Laguna Seca is a really nice circuit. You really have to drive it though. Brake early and  power through the corners to get the best out of it and the Radical is great for that and I could feel my confidence increase. Annoyingly though qualifying laps didn't count towards my daily mileage total?? Anyway Qualified 3rd for my first time and I was pretty pleased with that.

Dreadful start (maybe due to the TCS being off.. might dial it back in for the start and then off before the first corner going forward). Dropped too 11th and had to start carefully working my way back through the pack (No penalties all race) and was going well but punted straight off at the corkscrew.. I guess someone miss timed their braking point. So the task of working my way back through the pack began again.. it's a good circuit for over taking as a lot of people leave the braking too late and then understeer wide or then can't get on the power early and that means you can get a good run on them. Relatively incident free and that left me 5th over all.

Tried Race B next and selected the Peugeot RCZ as the guy in last weeks video said it's good on the brakes. No one else chose it and it's a very technical course with a lot of heavy braking and fast sweepers.. anyway qualified 12th (by some way my worst qualifying result ever) anyway made 6 places by the end. Another penalty free race for me. It's really satisfying when someone hits you and then get's a massive 5 second penalty and you just sail past them when it's applied. I'm sure there's more time in the Altezza which is the most popular car being used.

Looking forward to trying Race C later.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Had a crack at race A. Warmed up with a few qualifying laps and got a good idea of braking points, then in my first couple of races I got put to the back of the pack by either harsh penalties or getting rammed off the track. Still, managed to fight my way from last to 4th/5th over 4 laps, so knew I was racing fairly quickly.

After that, managed to put in a pole time and got a win. 

Senna here takes the lead early with some aggressive racing. It's chaos around the first couple of corners and I just try to stay in the game and avoid penalties. Senna bottles it going into lap 2. He can't match my pace, and instead of staying cool he tries to put me into the wall. I let him retake the lead on corner 1 of lap 2, as he goes in aggressive and I don't want to risk an accident, but then immediately take him on the inside on corner 2. Then I link it all together really well for the rest of lap 2. Race over.

Did a vid of the 1st 2 laps only. Good to lead the pack in my shiny and chrome ;)

21a725701550aad9b59df816d160607a_photo.webp

• Bob wrote:
    Annoyingly though qualifying laps didn't count towards my daily mileage total??

This is annoying, but intentional. Only race miles count.
  • Video still processing but will give it a look once it's done. Sounds like a proper nice race.
  • Back half of that race was clean as fuck, kudos. Also lol Senna was fucking filthy.
  • Thanks. Still room for improvement, but with it being Monday, everyone was still new to the track.  

Senna spent a lot of his time there trying to mess with other drivers rather than taking the fastest line. Clown.

He finished in about 5th.
  • Did it constantly try to show you a video about racing clean drum?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah, got that video first time I went into Sport mode yesterday. Watched the full thing. It hasn't played it again.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Yeah, got that video first time I went into Sport mode yesterday. Watched the full thing. It hasn't played it again.

Ah so until I watch the whole thing it's going to keep trying to make me watch it?

What times do you play online?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    What times do you play online?

A couple of cheeky WFH games through the weekday and then sometimes post 10pm for an hour. You? Would be up for a race onetime, but I can never commit to a time in advance.
  • Yeah usually after 11. Day time possible in Wednesday. Totally understand I'm only available when the wifes asleep ;)
    The Forum Herald™
  • Just got my first podium on Race B for the week, completed my miles, got a 6 star ticket, then picked up 500,000 Cr. 

A productive 20 minutes.

Enjoying the Alfa 155 on this track. Don't know anything about this car, but it handles really well.

Edit: The WRX is also a beast, but trickier to handle.
  • Knew this clown was not going to give up the podium place, so had to bluff him with the left/right shimmy. ;) Feigned the left side overtake and then went right.

• Christ surely excessive ramming like that should be punished??
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yoss has a PS5 now? Crikey.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheating twat. It did sound like he hit the barrier after which was satisfying to hear.
  • First German Senna, now Spanish Francis. When I was racing online, the absolute worst were the French, guaranteed to be dirty bastards. Thought we left Europe so we didn't have to deal with people like that anymore.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Hang on... don't we have a British only version of this game?!
  • He did hit the barrier. Alas, it didn't cost him another place.

I've had this happen on the home straight before, but it cost me a place and it went unpunished. Seems to be a blind spot in the penalty system for sure.

French are 100% the worst in terms of Sportsmanship so far. I did drop down to a B SR though, so trying to fight my way back out into the good books.
  • The 6 minute sportsmanship video is fine but it would be a hell of a lot easier to avoid incident if you were able to fully examine your surroundings in the exterior view, only being able to look directly behind and ahead is very restrictive. Has it always been this way in the GT games?
  • There’s a radar view you can select between your f
    Dials?

Got my rating up to a !
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yoss has a PS5 now? Crikey.

Get fucked with that.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Spain.png YOTHARIAN
  • So I've gotten my SR rating up to A which I'm pleased with and managed to get a 2nd place after starting sixth on Race B in the Subaru. My in race lap times smashed my qualifying time..don't know whether that's just because i'm getting better at the track or that the pressure to qualify was off or just I was following the lines of the guy in front. Anyway I'm sure my maiden win can't be far off.

My DR stubbonly sticks at D though. I'm working on that. I'm really really enjoying the Sport mode. it's by far the best online experience I've had with randoms.. mostly people race cleanly and it feels like proper racing. Love it when you pressure someone into a mistake. Less so when you're competing so hard you miss your braking point.

Has that guy done a video this week drum? also have you tried Race C? I'm thinking a good qualifying time would put your near the front as I'm guessing a lot of people aren't going to commit that kind of time to it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I don't think I've ever beaten a proper qualifying time that I've set in a race. You must have been on the ball there. If you keep finishing in the top half of the table, your DR will hit the next band. The bad news is, as you rank up, the races get even harder to win. The good news is, once you get to B DR, races are a lot cleaner, even when drivers have a slightly lower SR (maybe due to one bad race).

I'm currently racing against mostly B rank and I'm lucky to get on the podium.

Race C then. Tried it for the first time this morning. I get the sense that Race C is where the serious drivers head, so I think it's actually harder to put in a great time. This week it's Le Mans and it's a long old lap with a lot to remember.

In my first attempt I raced in the CLK with fuel map set to 4 for pretty much the whole race. It meant I didn't have to pit, which I think is a good strategy combined with maybe dialling it down to 3 on the long straights for a bit more power (all whilst keeping an eye on reserves). I crossed the line with 0.1 in the tank!

Here's that guide. What I like about these guides is that he gives you a really solid foundation for a fast lap times, but everything is nice and consistent. Not too many risks. I race with auto gears currently. Think I need to switch to MT to really push my times on - check Race A in the vid and how the turbo gives a massive edge.

• So, having switched to MT and done a few laps on the Radical, I've improved my QT in Race A, despite feeling I've got room to improve. I'm following the advice from the Tidgney vid RE short-shifting and turbo. Really adds another dimension to things and hoping it starts to be muscle memory pretty soon.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!