The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • Really, God knows how you actually scale the power levels in super hero stuff. What hurts/ kills is often pure arbitray. Best not to think about it too much.
    SFV - reddave360
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Unless we're supposed to think he's used to relying on his abilities which he doesn't get in the TVA?

Yeah I guess that's true in the TVA. Whatever they do to stop magic would probably have to counter super strength as well.

And I suppose he was hammered in last weeks episode on the train.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Whatever the quality of the shows themselves, this post credit stuff needs to get in the fucking bin. The Disney plus credits are movie length ffs. It's cute and it's anice touch in a cinema but for a weekly TV show? Stop it Marvel.
    I'm kinda the opposite on this. I always feel compelled to sit through the credits in the cinema for the (usually) rubbish post-credits scene in MCU films. It's ok if it's the first week of Endgame and the entire audience is pretty much still there and spirits are high but I've sat there like a fucking lemon on my own on stuff like Black Panther while a staff member literally stands waiting at the front row with his cleaning kit waiting for the wanker to see his shitty 20 second post-credit scene. On the TV shows at least you can just zip it forward.
  • The music choice on Loki is still superb also. And the colours! Oh my it’s beautiful, my oled is singing with the pure vibrancy of it.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Is kid Loki played by a young Roujin?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Heh. Is that where he's been hiding?
    Anyhoo, Ep5. Superb stuff. I just hope to God they stick the landing next week.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'll watch it but it's not doing much for me.
  • That looks fun.
  • Hmmmm. Im hoping it does a bit more than "What if... this person had that costume".
  • Yeah, it might be a bit of fun, but I’m very much sitting on the zero fucks given throne with this one.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    This week seemed a bit low budget? I think we got the Timekeepers' chamber in terms of new sets and that was it.

Ah, they spent all the money on this week's episode instead.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The art style of what if looks gorgeous
    PSN - minkymu
  • I was really looking forward to Richard E Grant, but he kind of phoned that in, didn’t he?
  • poprock wrote:
    I was really looking forward to Richard E Grant, but he kind of phoned that in, didn’t he?

I don't think they gave him a lot to work with really.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yeah, what with the pandemic, I'd be surprised if he'd even been cast when the show was written. I enjoyed his appearance, but it really was just a small cameo.
  • I liked it. He added pathos, admittedly it didn’t take him much effort but I liked his story of God of Outcasts. Very sad.
  • The alligator was the mvp of episode 5. Every time it cut to it with its Loki helmet just made me laugh.

Looking forward to the final episode. Odds of the wizard of oz behind the tva being Loki?
    SFV - reddave360
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    The alligator was the mvp of episode 5. Every time it cut to it with its Loki helmet just made me laugh.

Looking forward to the final episode. Odds of the wizard of oz behind the tva being Loki?

Quite high. I also wondered if it might be a variant of a previously-seen villain that Feige regrets squandering on a random earlier movie but that seems less likely.
  • I would have happily had more of the multiple Lokis but perhaps keeping their involvement short and sweet was a positive.
    The ep felt a little bit rushed. We had the Lokis come and go.
    The Lion monster introduced, escaped from, explained in full, a plan on how to get past/defeat it, the plan pretty much seen through to completion.

The only thing that had time spent on it was Loki and fem-Loki's relationship which is giving me incest vibes. Do not like.

In general Im enjoying the show though. Much, much better than WingArm.
  • All the clues throughout the series point to it being 
    Spoiler:
    which would make sense obviously, but I'm hoping that that's a huge fake-out, and it's a more appropriate twist for the series.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Much, much better than WingArm.

Despite Loki’s flaws, this is what’s really important.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I would have happily had more of the multiple Lokis but perhaps keeping their involvement short and sweet was a positive.
    The ep felt a little bit rushed. We had the Lokis come and go.
    The Lion monster introduced, escaped from, explained in full, a plan on how to get past/defeat it, the plan pretty much seen through to completion.

The only thing that had time spent on it was Loki and fem-Loki's relationship which is giving me incest vibes. Do not like.

In general Im enjoying the show though. Much, much better than WingArm.

Yuh. Less time on lamentis more time on void
  • That episode was but ok but also pretty stupid. I want a decent resolution to it all next week.

Was thinking of renting out Black Widow but it's £19.99 which seems a trifle steep for a home movie. I understand it needs to be expensive to replace cinema receipts and to keep the movie budgets high etc. It's still a lot of cash for watching a film in your own house. And I know this doesn't stand up to any logic but they've been sat on the film for a year already which makes it seem even worse. They might even be pushing up the price to counter how easily it can be pirated, which in turn is more likely to push me towards pirating it. 

To be fair to them, when you go to buy it they tell you exactly when it will be available as part of the standard subscription (October the something) so you know what you're getting into.
  • Definitely agree to the incest vibe between the Lokis. Its not pleasant.

@G.man - I was thinking that initially especially with the look of the timekeepers, but the sheer number of Lokis (and only Lokis) in the void makes me think it might be an actual Loki running it (but spoiler name is surely involved in someway - just dont think this is going to be their big reveal)
    SFV - reddave360
  • g.man wrote:
    All the clues throughout the series point to it being 
    Spoiler:
    which would make sense obviously, but I'm hoping that that's a huge fake-out, and it's a more appropriate twist for the series.

I just checked Wikipedia page on your spoiler name as I don't know who/what that is.  Says
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm gonna go for Black Widow - it's expensive but it's the only one of these early access things I'm gonna bother with so it's not like I've been spaffing £20 up the wall every other week. Treat yo self etc.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Definitely agree to the incest vibe between the Lokis. Its not pleasant.

Yeah, I've found it uncomfortable viewing.  So weird.
  • It's deffo
    Spoiler:
    There's a million clues dotted about. 
    I'm assuming (although the spoiler's a theory it's based on all the dweebs who pick through the program looking for clues)
    Spoiler:
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    For some reason I opened all of these spoiler tags and started thinking that I’d ruined the show for myself, but then I realised that I don’t have the faintest idea who you’re all talking about, so it doesn’t really matter.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!