The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Oh dear, expectations lowered, but hardly surprising.
    Things can only get better.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    digi wrote:
    mannaboy wrote:
    Watched the first couple of episodes of Echo and I’m really enjoying it, the lead is a lot more interesting character than I initially thought.

I enjoyed it till the end, all these things shit the bed at the end.

• mannaboy wrote:
    digi wrote:
    mannaboy wrote:
    Watched the first couple of episodes of Echo and I’m really enjoying it, the lead is a lot more interesting character than I initially thought.

I enjoyed it till the end, all these things shit the bed at the end.

Just so you know I'm sure there's a mid credit scene too.
  • I want to watch more Kingpin but don’t give a toss about Echo. Is he in it enough to sway me, or is it more of a cameo thing?
  • poprock wrote:
    I want to watch more Kingpin but don’t give a toss about Echo. Is he in it enough to sway me, or is it more of a cameo thing?

He's in it more as it goes on, woulda liked more of him though.
  • He’s in it

I watched it cos fuck me it's still interesting to watch big budget content featuring a non hourglass deaf lead with a prosthetic leg being a superhero, starring a non hourglass deaf lead with a prosthetic leg

Plus bonus points for Choctaw Native Americans all over the shop

Fair play was absolutely fine with some good bits would say interesting melange of Netflix and D+ marvel stuff

Plus kingpin hooray
  • I’m only swithering because it would mean paying for another month of D+ just as I’ve cancelled it. Might just wait until there’s a few more new series I fancy on there.
  • poprock wrote:
    I’m only swithering because it would mean paying for another month of D+ just as I’ve cancelled it. Might just wait until there’s a few more new series I fancy on there.
    It's only 5 short episodes so probably better to wait!
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Finished Echo, really liked it, the Choctaw Native Americans themes were what made it separate from all the other MCU tv shows, a bit of a Black Panther like vibe.

Didn’t hate the ending as much as Digi, one obvious thing will have some repercussions going forward.

Not sure what’s next, I know Daredevil had to be ‘born again’ due to the original show runner’s vision of DD less start to the series. But the tone of Echo gives me hope it will be decent.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    X-Men 97 is a lot of fun.
  • mannaboy wrote:
    Finished Echo, really liked it, the Choctaw Native Americans themes were what made it separate from all the other MCU tv shows, a bit of a Black Panther like vibe. Didn’t hate the ending as much as Digi, one obvious thing will have some repercussions going forward. Not sure what’s next, I know Daredevil had to be ‘born again’ due to the original show runner’s vision of DD less start to the series. But the tone of Echo gives me hope it will be decent.

Yeah. there wasn't a lot of fat on Echo and I appreciated it more for that. Also that last episode delivered for me. Really liked it and it takes us into a new era for one character which will be interesting.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Despite Marvel being awful now, I'm still very much looking forward to the new Daredevil.
    uFU2YFv.jpeg
  • I think they had to do a massive rewrite on it so I wouldn't hold your breath. Too much courtroom drama which everyone obviously hates so would be stupid to have in your show about a lawyer.
  • They needed to write in all the alternative universe versions like Ben Affleck's Daredevil and Dolph's Punisher but by the time they'd de-aged Thomas Jane Ray Stevenson had died so they have to make a CG version of him. All this is really important to the plot.
    Spoiler:
  • The issue seemed to be too much divergence from the Netflix series. A Daredevil show where you don't see Daredevil until the 4th episode seems off.

• A Daredevil show where you don't see Daredevil until the 4th episode seems off.
    They did a what now?
  • Incredible.
    Were the first three episodes about The Mandolorian instead?
  • I'm just reading up on it now. He wasn't in costume until the 4th episode. It still had Matt Murdoch in it. Although that's not any better really. I hadn't been following much of it but it sounds like they overhauled it completely and did a ton of reshoots. Seems like a change of tone from bright and breezy MCU banter shite to Netflix grim and gritty.
  • I'm taking the all the MCU rewrites as good news tbh. They were all ordered up when they realised everyone hated everything they were putting out.
    "Oh shit we actually have to try with these then."
  • Yeah, they made Law & Order: Matt Murdoch it sounds like. So not even showing the difficulty of being Daredevil and a lawyer, just lawyer stuff. And not even defending a supe it sounds like, which might have been interesting.
  • And not even defending a supe it sounds like, which might have been interesting.
    Isn’t that She-Hulk’s remit? Can see why they’d have DD doing something different.
  • No you misunderstand, I mean someone who matters.
  • She-Hulk was great, and one of the most comic accurate adaptations.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Was great until the end. Felt like they didn’t know how to end it.
  • You could say that about damn near everything on TV, let alone every movie.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You could say that but you’d be wrong. A lot of TV shows can wrap up nicely but She-Hulk just turned into a meta-mess.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!