The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • Shh g, you're in danger of being electively suppressed
    Hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Based on Marc’s line of work, I’d assume that he has the contacts necessary to get his hands on forged documents, which would make that quite a bit easier.
    He has multiple personality disorder, not a pal he needs some dodgy docos for.

He has a second personality that he is aware of that he needs dodgy docos for?
  • Thats a fair point about it being brain candy TVB (@Yoss)  but I think it can be throwaway fun but still better. Worth noting that A-team and highlander stuff is all one and done episodes which I think would really suit these shows better. Instead its all 6 episode arc. I'm fine with an season long build up a-la Buffy but each epsiode should stand on their own and I think Marvel is missing that with these shows. I dont think you can be throwavay AND need to see every episode to follow the plot.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I prefer the longer arcs myself, but YMMV.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Based on Marc’s line of work, I’d assume that he has the contacts necessary to get his hands on forged documents, which would make that quite a bit easier.

Is Marc aware of Stephen? I thought not being aware of what was happening when Stephen is in control was the point? Fuck knows
  • I think this show may have been written by someone with multiple personality disorder…
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I prefer the longer arcs myself, but YMMV.

Nothing wrong with longer arcs but if you are going to build a singular story that requires 6 x 45 minutes, I think it has to be better and more complex to justify it. I'm not saying the wire level of depth,  just that it needs to show it needs those extra minutes. Moon Knight will be 270 minutes long but it probably would have been a 90 to 120 minute movie tops.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I've still enjoyed parts of the disney shows but ultimately I think these are hurting not helping the MCU and I'm curiopus how they tie all this back into the movies.

They don't have to tie in at all. You can have stories set in the same world that just build it out rather than tying back into a singular narrative.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

Is Marc aware of Stephen? I thought not being aware of what was happening when Stephen is in control was the point? Fuck knows

He was aware that Stephen existed, that’s why he was trying to keep him out of that room, to stop Stephen seeing the point where Marc brought him into existence. Doesn’t necessarily mean that Marc remembers anything from when he’s Stephen.
  • I’m surprised his wife had no idea he’d had multiple personality disorder since childhood. You’d think she might have noticed that at some point in their relationship?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't think Stephen was a thing after Marc left home. He wasn't required. He only came back once Marc's mother died and something inside snapped. I think the flat in London is Marc's, hasn't he got a few dotted around the world to enable him to kill folk for his god?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That would make sense, but then Stephen did appear to be holding down a job at the start.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah. And Marc (or the phantom third?!) asked a lass out without Stephen knowing?

It's a complete fucking mess
  • I wonder where the third personality lives?
  • Guys, compared to Discovery or Picard, relatively speaking Moon Knight is Shakespeare. This show makes so much more sense than either of those atrocities. 
    But I do agree, Moon Knight is just throwaway enjoyable nonsense.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I definately don't think Moon Knight is fundamentally rotten (unlike Picard Season 2), I think it's just unfortunate the execution hasn't been better. I think they've tried to make something a bit fucked up (by MCU standards) and a bit Stephen Moffat-style clever-clever and just ended up making something a bit messy. Looking at the date range of production, I guess Covid could have had a detrimental impact on this, it seems like getting anything out the door at all has been difficult recently.

I do this makes for an interesting comparison with Severance, which overlapped in broadcasting and managed to handle the multiple personality aspect much more successfully.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • It's just piss-tier writing. T'is the Disney way. Just shovel out crap quickly as possible, and then move on to the next thing it ties in to.
    How far we've fallen from the the all time highs of Legion, just five years ago...

think ima go and re-watch that, and if anyone that likes this superhero malarkey hasn't already seen it, then boy are you missing out. It's the absolute gold standard in superhero head-fuckery.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Series 1 of Legion was really good, the second series, not so much. I’ve not even got around to the third yet owing the the second feeling like such a slog.
  • On a totally unrelated tangent, I do encourage you all to watch Devs. Awesome series. Just 8 episodes.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Both Doom Patrol and Peacemaker show that you can do comic stuff in an original and entertaining way. If you can do it with a shit tier 'hero' like Peacemaker then there's no excuse for the garbage Marvel are churning out.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Peacemaker was great. Way better than all of the Marvel shows
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yeah, Peacemaker was definitely the best superhero TV show in quite some time.
  • *adds Doom Patrol, Peacemaker, and Legion to the to-watch list*
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Titans isnt bad also.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    *adds Doom Patrol, Peacemaker, and Legion to the to-watch list*

Likewise

For better or worse, I still think mid-run of Agents of Shield was Marvel TVs highpoint. Maybe the Netflix stuff but I think tone wise, Agents was the best at feeling like part of the MCU but being its own thing and working. Not perfect, but overall I enjoyed the show (first season is hard going though and second not much better. My wife kinda dug it which got me through the hump)
    SFV - reddave360
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I definately don't think Moon Knight is fundamentally rotten (unlike Picard Season 2), I think it's just unfortunate the execution hasn't been better. I think they've tried to make something a bit fucked up (by MCU standards) and a bit Stephen Moffat-style clever-clever and just ended up making something a bit messy.

there you go some sense itt

I'm watching it mainly for Isaac and music. And talking hippos.

No idea how they're gonna finish this off next week though
  • That latest Moon Knight was alright. Think we can safely say that tv has finally cracked the special effect of the same actor playing two parts in the same shot. Gone are the days of perching the camera on the shoulder of one of the characters so their face is obscured.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Watched the finale. It was alright, I guess. Not particularly outstanding plotwise but some nice CGI 'n' shit. Wasn't thrilled about the second series teases ending up being pretty pivotal in resolving the plot of this one. Overall, I'd say this series was just about acceptable escapist bollocks but towards the bottom end of my ranking of these MCU TV shows.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I really enjoyed it. I liked the background kaiju battle.
  • Dapper Khonshu at the end though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!