The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yeah, I enjoyed that.

Not really sure why everyone’s getting so confused by it, I’m finding it pretty easy to follow.
  • Aye, credit where credit is due, Ep5 was better than the four hours of dross that preceded it, but it all feels rather like Legion for Dummies to me.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Easy to forget just how goddamn brilliant Legion was compared to all this Disney Marvel dross.
  • *sigh*
  • Yeah I really liked this episode. Some proper acting from Oscar Isaac there. Again, it all seems very straightforward, not sure where the confusion lies.... It shows how unimportant the actual superhero aspect is in this one, or mayvr how weak an element it is.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Yeah, I enjoyed that. Not really sure why everyone’s getting so confused by it, I’m finding it pretty easy to follow.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • What are the ned flanders bits then?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Thanks but that doesn't actually explain what's going on with those scenes and why they keep jumping back there.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’d guess at a distraction tactic from Harrow, made possible by his god, to try and ensure that Marc/Stephen get pulled down to whatever it was called instead of potentially finding a route out.
  • Am I right in thinking there is only one episode to go, because they're leaving it really late to introduce the
    Spoiler:
    they've been heavily hinting at for the last five episodes?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I’d guess at a distraction tactic from Harrow, made possible by his god, to try and ensure that Marc/Stephen get pulled down to whatever it was called instead of potentially finding a route out.

When you've got to guess at bollocks like this you know something isn't right with it.

Why couldn't Stephen remember that the mother was a right cunt when he was conjured up specifically to be there for all of those moments? And Marc wasn't there yet he knows all about that?
  • ^that seemed like a plot hole to me.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

When you've got to guess at bollocks like this you know something isn't right with it.

I strongly disagree with this. Something odd happening in one episode of a TV show which is then explained in a later episode is an absolutely standard storytelling technique.

Can’t answer the stuff about why each personality remembers what.
  • Yossarian wrote:

Why couldn't Stephen remember that the mother was a right cunt when he was conjured up specifically to be there for all of those moments? And Marc wasn't there yet he knows all about that?

It was clumsily done but I thought the point of Steven was to have a part of Marc which remembers being loved by / loving his mum. That he transformed into Steven before the belt came out was not supposed to happen, as Marc says. Then his mum dies and he loses the control / boundary between personalities.

I thought it was neat - for eg explains the wonky accent elegantly
  • G is right it’s legion lite in its exploration of mental illness. Any representation of DID is gonna be a pile of Hollywood shit in terms of clinical veracity and experiential sensitivity it’s just too handy a story telling hook / shortcut.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I can't be bothered with any more of Moon Knight. I find most of the Marvel stuff to be somewhere between bad and forgettable, but Moon Knight is garbage of the highest order. Twelve year old me would be insulted to be shown it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Funkstain wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

It was clumsily done but I thought the point of Steven was to have a part of Marc which remembers being loved by / loving his mum. That he transformed into Steven before the belt came out was not supposed to happen, as Marc says. Then his mum dies and he loses the control / boundary between personalities.

I thought it was neat - for eg explains the wonky accent elegantly

I don't think that's right. Stephen is a coping mechanism for Marc for when the bad shit is going down. He wasn't there for the good stuff, only the bad, the point of him was to protect Marc from the beatings from his mother.

How that ends up with Stephen only remembering the good stuff and not the bad is beyond me
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    In fact, I think I'll just knock all of the Marvel stuff on the head from now on. One series and film is indistinguishable from another. The extended universe is a tremendously dull place.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Stephen is an invention of Marc, part of having two personalities means suppressing one set of memories. It’s possible that part of the memory suppression that Marc had to go through to create Stephen in the first place leaves Stephen with the ability to electively suppress memories.
  • I'm very impressed that the split personality of an American mercenary was able to move to London, rent an apartment, and get a job working at a major museum. The red tape must have been a nightmare for him.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I dunno, it may just be a plot hole, but it’s not one which bothers me much if it is.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The third personality works as a civil servant in the immigration department and moonlights in an estate agency.
  • hahaha brilliant!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Based on Marc’s line of work, I’d assume that he has the contacts necessary to get his hands on forged documents, which would make that quite a bit easier.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I dunno, it may just be a plot hole, but it’s not one which bothers me much if it is.

I think you might have the ability to electively suppress shiteness in Marvel tv shows. What a super power that is
  • Havent watched epsiode 5 yet but not really pushed. 

I think Moon knight has its moments but like so much of the TV shows, it feels like either liteweight TV by modern standards or over stretched movie ideas. I'm not sure who its aimed at as it lacks complexity for those looking for plot, set pieces for action junkies or really engaging chartacters to build on.

I've still enjoyed parts of the disney shows but ultimately I think these are hurting not helping the MCU and I'm curiopus how they tie all this back into the movies. Me thinks they have hit the same bloat problem that comic books have for me - heres the new Dr Strange movie, hope you've seen Wandavision episodes 2-5, Loki epsidoe 3 and the post credit scene in Moonknight episode 4.

I feel diminshing returns beckon...
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Based on Marc’s line of work, I’d assume that he has the contacts necessary to get his hands on forged documents, which would make that quite a bit easier.
    He has multiple personality disorder, not a pal he needs some dodgy docos for.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

I think you might have the ability to electively suppress shiteness in Marvel tv shows. What a super power that is

I just don’t really care, this is dumb entertainment for me which I’m usually watching while scrolling through Twitter or whatever. I watch it on the same level as I used to watch the A Team or the Highlander TV show or whatever other dumb crap that’s good for switching your brain off to for a while.

Not everything has to be the Wire, in fact, I actively want TV shows in my life which I don’t have to get as involved in as something like the Wire.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Shh g, you're in danger of being electively suppressed

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!