The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Watched the latest Thor last night. Meh. A bit of a weird film with some abrupt scene cuts making you feel as if you missed a scene or two in between. Some funny stuff, I did chuckle at the screaming goats every time. Decent enough Friday evening viewing without engaging the brain but the inconsistent tone was a bit weird. Also, Valkyrie was criminally underused.

I watched it last night. It was dull as opposed to the very quickly hitting Ragnarok. Granted there was a lot of the same joke, but it definitely didn't work like the last one and Christian fucking Bale of all things was underused.
  • Yeah Christian Bale was waaaay underused. He could have been a very interesting baddie.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just did Love and Thunder myself. I thought it was good fun. More Bale wouldn’t have gone amiss, he was great in it, but other than that, no complaints from me.
  • Same as Yoss here, I quite enjoyed it.
    It was very silly and the use of Guns N Roses never gets old in my book.
    Plus Korg just makes me happy
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Actually, I have thought of one other complaint: Russell Crowe’s deeply questionable accent.
  • I thought it was fun but considering Ragnarok is one of my favourites, then it had a huge hill to climb to beat that.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Latest she Hulk wasn't good. Seemed to be like a total filler episode with one decent thing at the end. It's like bobf all over again. Which is crap because Tatiana is really good. The cgi seems to be getting worse.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • So watched Black panther 2 the other day and while I enjoyed it due to a technical hitch at the cinema I think I missed the first part of the film.

Spoiler:

Did anything happen before that?
    You rang.....
  • Wolverine had a big fight with Dr. Doom, and then the Fantastic Four saved the day before they all disappeared because multiverse. You didn’t miss anything important.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Actually, I have thought of one other complaint: Russell Crowe’s deeply questionable accent.

Not so questionable if you're from Aus/NZ. Played into a lot of the Greek stereotype comedy kind of characters you see on our stuffs. Wog Boy and the like.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What boy? That definitely makes it more questionable, not less.
  • https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/13/australia.andrewclark

I can't remember what it was I was watching but this came up for me before.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    What boy? That definitely makes it more questionable, not less.

It's a film made by a Greek-Australian. Same concept as any minority group reclaiming an historic slur.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ah, at least it’s answerable. Cheers!
  • Yeah it probably didn't do big numbers outside Australia.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I was very confused about what that word had to do with anyone Greek, until I found out that it has a different meaning in Australia.
  • GOTG Xmas Special was really poor. Didn’t laugh. Noticeably low budget. Felt like half of them didn’t want to do it. Seems like a couple of tacked on filming days when they were doing the new film. Star Lord is in about three scenes, all in the same location. Rocket recorded about four lines of dialogue. There wasn’t anything to it really. Kevin Bacon can get fucked. Serious Kevin Bacon, funny Kevin Bacon, Kevin Bacon sending up Kevin Bacon. He’s burned every last ounce of credibility. He’s just the EE man now. Put him in your program and it feels like an advert.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I quite liked it, throwaway fun.
    Things can only get better.
  • My kids loved it, and the first of the two Christmas songs is very catchy.
  • Thought it was terrible, seemed to get good reviews everywhere though.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Wakanda Forever is out on Disney+. Didn't think that much of it to be honest. Thought Namor ended up being more charismatic than the protagonists!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Wakanda Forever is out on Disney+. Didn't think that much of it to be honest. Thought Namor ended up being more charismatic than the protagonists!
    I thought it were terrible.
  • I thought it was better than the first one. Gorgeous design work for the Atlantans and their meso-american society.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s your Ms Marvel done. I enjoyed all of that. It had the right level of fun, interesting origin story, mostly good characters (though the gov agent was a bit too cliched) and it had a great style to it, both visually and soundtrack wise. I’d say it’s the second best Marvel TV show after Loki. She-Hulk next I guess.
  • Ah I still haven't got around to that one.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • b0r1s wrote:
    That’s your Ms Marvel done. I enjoyed all of that. It had the right level of fun, interesting origin story, mostly good characters (though the gov agent was a bit too cliched) and it had a great style to it, both visually and soundtrack wise. I’d say it’s the second best Marvel TV show after Loki. She-Hulk next I guess.

I enjoyed it too. Mad that the people you’ve credited for their style and overall show, had their Batgirl project cancelled for not being fit to release.
  • b0r1s wrote:

She-Hulk is great! The wife and I really enjoyed it. Very different in tone
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    I enjoyed it too. Mad that the people you’ve credited for their style and overall show, had their Batgirl project cancelled for not being fit to release.

The style was absolutely spot on and I loved all the music.

@wookie - the trailer for She-Hulk didn't do anything for me but I've only heard mostly positive stuff, so will see how it goes.
  • Feels to me like the TV shows have worked well when they’re lighter in tone. Wandavision, Ms Marvel and She-Hulk have been winners, while Hawkeye and the Captain America/Winter Soldier series were relative duds.
  • poprock wrote:
    Feels to me like the TV shows have worked well when they’re lighter in tone. Wandavision, Ms Marvel and She-Hulk have been winners, while Hawkeye and the Captain America/Winter Soldier series were relative duds.

Horses for courses I guess but I preferred Hawkeye to She-hulk and Ms Marvel. 

For me the issue still feels that near all the Marvel TV shows feel like they would make better movies. There's always a bit of padding to be expected in a TV series but the marvels shows were often only 6-8 episodes and even then they never grabbed like a good TV show does. They dont use the extra time to expand characters in a way that is different to the movies, they just extend scenes a bit here and there. Wandavision was the exception as it made some sense with each episode being distinct and having proper cliffhangers from one epsiode to the next. Moon Knight was probaby the worst - I think it would have been a fun movie but it is so light weight for a tv show. 

The netflix shows and the better seasons of Agents of Shield, while also included padding, were all so much better in the show format.  Cant be certain but it really feels like we have movies just cut into parts here.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!