The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • Wandavision was great, downhill from then on.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    That’s your Ms Marvel done. I enjoyed all of that. It had the right level of fun, interesting origin story, mostly good characters (though the gov agent was a bit too cliched) and it had a great style to it, both visually and soundtrack wise. I’d say it’s the second best Marvel TV show after Loki. She-Hulk next I guess.
    I enjoyed it too. Mad that the people you’ve credited for their style and overall show, had their Batgirl project cancelled for not being fit to release.
    The style was absolutely spot on and I loved all the music. @wookie - the trailer for She-Hulk didn't do anything for me but I've only heard mostly positive stuff, so will see how it goes.
    You have heard mostly positive stuff? I think you may be in for a bit of a shock there. For the record I couldnt make it past episode 2. I sat stone-faced throughout.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Lol. She-Hulk was utter trash. Ms Marvel was good though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • She-Hulk was terrible for people who don't like fun.
  • She-Hulk is great.

One of the most faithful representations of a character out there.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Guess I'll see, opinions eh.

I thought Wandavision, after the brilliant first few episodes, took a nose dive into Marvel-101. She is also a hateful character that should really be in the solid enemy camp, but for some reason the creators think I should have sympathy for her enslaving a whole town cos her partner died.
  • I didn’t feel particularly sympathetic, just felt the whole premise was quite interesting & well done. And thinking about it, Loki was good fun too. And then a gradual slide.
  • Lets Rank them Shows!!:

1. Wandavision
    2. Loki
    3. Hawkeye
    4. Ms Marvel
    5. What If
    6. Moon KNight
    7. Falcon and Winter Soldier
    8. She Hulk (sorry, wanted to like it but it wasnt funny enough for a comedy, failed as a superhero show and absolutely pointless setting it in a legal scenario if you cant be arsed to at least try) 

I'm not sure if the 2 one shots count - I didnt think much of the Guardians one, felt too smug. Werewolf by Night was tops.
    SFV - reddave360
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    1. Loki
    2. Ms Marvel
    3. Hawkeye
    4. Moon Knight
    5. Wandavision
    6. Falcon and Winter Soldier

Haven't anything else yet.
  • 1. Ms Marvel 
    2. Loki
    3. She Hulk 
    4. Wandavision
    5. Moon Knight
    6. Hawkeye
    7. Falcon and Winter Soldier
    8. What If

What If? is a bit hard to compare being animated.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Lets Rank them Shows!!: 1. Wandavision 2. Loki 3. Hawkeye 4. Ms Marvel 5. What If 6. Moon KNight 7. Falcon and Winter Soldier 8. She Hulk (sorry, wanted to like it but it wasnt funny enough for a comedy, failed as a superhero show and absolutely pointless setting it in a legal scenario if you cant be arsed to at least try)  I'm not sure if the 2 one shots count - I didnt think much of the Guardians one, felt too smug. Werewolf by Night was tops.

Go on then.

1. Ms Marvel
    2. Loki
    3. Wandavision
    4. Hawkeye 
    5. She Hulk
    6. Moon Knight
    7. What If?
    8. Falcon & Winter Soldier.

I'd say Winter Solider was the only one that I felt was truly shit. I sort of appreciated what She Hulk and Moon Knight were gong for, but neither quite landed for me. Hawkeye is the opposite - it's kind of generic and uninspired, but I felt it delivered exactly what it set out to do, for better or worse. The festive element kind of helped it at the time too.  The top 3 were all legitimately good in my opinion (Wanda loses a few points for becoming more rote as it went on).

Oh, and if we're including Werewolf at Night, I'd drop it somewhere in the middle of that list - another fun but flawed experiment. I think I'm the only one who enjoyed the Guardians special, it was silly and cheesy, but it made my kids laugh out loud, so I'd plant it somewhere in the middle too.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep, I was really disappointed with how Wanda started to how it finished. They should have kept it inventive throughout and played on the various realities she was living in.
  • I don't like any of the programs on these lists. 3 and 1/2 of them are dreadful. Loki was ... ok. And Hawkeye at least had Kingpin in it.
  • 1. Loki
    2. Wandavision
    3. Moonknight
    4. Hawkeye
    5. What If

Im not ranking Falcon and Wintersoldier. It was utter shite. I've not seen Ms. Marvel.

Wandavision...it fumbled the ending something fierce. What was that line about the townspeople that were freed? "They will never know what you sacrificed to free them" or something like that. What the fuck????? Didnt some of those people wish to die just to be free of the control exterted over them? Wanda was a straight up villian after that.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You should deffo watch Ms Marvel, great fun show.
  • Am I the only one who really enjoyed Falcon and the Winter Soldier??

Only one I didn't really enjoy was Ms Marvel, just felt the weakest to me.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It was ok but clearly butchered because of the virus plot point getting axed due to covid
  • I liked it. I think the problem was it relied almost entirely on the chemistry of the two leads.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The baddie was terrible.
  • Speaking of Marvel TV shows that many on here won’t like - Disney have put the first episode of Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur up on YouTube in advance of the whole thing coming to Disney + next month.

It’s a cartoon, and very clearly aimed at kids. That said it pretty perfectly captures the tone and the aesthetic of the comic (also aimed at kids).

It’s way too hyperactive for this old fart, but based on the first episode it’s both a pretty good kids show and a nice little adaptation. (A lot is changed from the comic, but like Ms Marvel, arguably not the stuff that matters.)

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Is it canon?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • If you don't watch it, you won't understand Guardians of the Galaxy 3.
  • If you don't watch it, you won't understand Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

Or stringman2: tieing the loose ends.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    You should deffo watch Ms Marvel, great fun show.
    Ill get to it. I got swept up in Foundation. Wow that bowled me over I have to say, it went some dark places though. Ive not read the books.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    While people have been, quite fairly, moaning about the latest Marvel movies, I’m finding my superhero fix in these latter TV series.

First episode of She Hulk was just great. Loved the lead, nice improbably origin story, not taking itself too seriously and a nice short episode. If it continues like this I reckon it’ll be in my top 3.
  • I liked She Hulk. Went in with no expectations and found the whole thing enjoyable. Agree in the last ‘phase’ of MCU I found WandaVision, Loki and She-Hulk to be the memorable standouts. Struggling to remember anything much about the movies. So for this reason I am now going to give Ms. Marvel a go.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I really enjoyed Ms Marvel. I think we are on the same page with the fun side of the shows and Ms Marvel is definitely fun.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Watched the first couple of episodes of Echo and I’m really enjoying it, the lead is a lot more interesting character than I initially thought.
    Things can only get better.
  • I didn't even know it was out until the kids mentioned it last night!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • mannaboy wrote:
    Watched the first couple of episodes of Echo and I’m really enjoying it, the lead is a lot more interesting character than I initially thought.

I enjoyed it till the end, all these things shit the bed at the end.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!