The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Tony Stark wasn't meant to be 15 years old.
    I’d bet he was supposed to be significantly younger than RDJ was, and Parker is going to be growing up.

He’ll hardly be the first actor in their late 20s playing a teenager anyway, it’s pretty standard these days.
  • He looks young enough.
    Hollywood teenagers being old is an accepted standard.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    One the one hand, they've completed a trilogy of Peter Parker movies, on the other, there don't seem to be any indications of them winding down with Tom Holland. If Sony were desperate to starting doing Miles Morales movies, they could have them exist concurrently like in the current Spider-Man videogame series.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sony’s got a sequel to Spider-Verse coming, so they do seem to be running MM movies concurrently, which makes it seem less likely that we’ll see MM appear in the MCU any time soon, IMO.
  • RDJ was supposed to be a huge crowd-puller. Hence him showing up in Cap 3, Spidey 1, and being all over the posters for those and every Avengers film and obvs his own trilogy.

Tom Holland is a smug little shit who everyone hates and his character was bizarrely imagined as Iron Man’s sidekick. That said, I’d be surprised if they got rid of him unfortunately.
  • monkey wrote:
    Tom Holland is a smug little shit who everyone hates and his character was bizarrely imagined as Iron Man’s sidekick. That said, I’d be surprised if they got rid of him unfortunately.

Like, in your opinion. I cant say thats a view I've seen anywhere else. Given he has done 2 successful solo films, shown up in numerous other Marvel stuff and there was a bit of a fight over using him a few years back, I think he is probably doing ok in the role? 

I get the age thing being a problem but that sounded like one of these Kimmel mean tweet things. Can just imagine Producers thinking - "Homecoming grossed $880 million, Far from Home brought in 1.1 Billion and both received pretty favourable reviews from critics and fans alike.... but man, Tom Holland has to go. He is just a smug little shit"
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    He does keep on blurting out spoilers, though.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    monkey wrote:

Like, in your opinion. I cant say thats a view I've seen anywhere else. Given he has done 2 successful solo films, shown up in numerous other Marvel stuff and there was a bit of a fight over using him a few years back, I think he is probably doing ok in the role? 

I get the age thing being a problem but that sounded like one of these Kimmel mean tweet things. Can just imagine Producers thinking - "Homecoming grossed $880 million, Far from Home brought in 1.1 Billion and both received pretty favourable reviews from critics and fans alike.... but man, Tom Holland has to go. He is just a smug little shit"

The second one made about the same as Captain Marvel. Everyone also hates Brie Larson. These are just facts.

But yeah like I said, I don’t think he’ll go. But Spider-man is the name doing the heavy lifting in those box office takings, not Holland’s. Unlike RDJ - Iron Man, where the reverse was true.
  • I like Holland.
    Certainly more likeable than the last two guys.
  • Yeah, I like Holland as Spidey and I really like Larson as Cap Marvel.

monkey wrote:
    These are just facts.

Honestly, I’m surprised. You’re the first person I’ve seen/heard with any anti-Holland or anti-Larson chat. From what I see they’ve both been wildly popular – in character and as celebs.
  • monkey wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    Like, in your opinion. I cant say thats a view I've seen anywhere else. Given he has done 2 successful solo films, shown up in numerous other Marvel stuff and there was a bit of a fight over using him a few years back, I think he is probably doing ok in the role?  I get the age thing being a problem but that sounded like one of these Kimmel mean tweet things. Can just imagine Producers thinking - "Homecoming grossed $880 million, Far from Home brought in 1.1 Billion and both received pretty favourable reviews from critics and fans alike.... but man, Tom Holland has to go. He is just a smug little shit"
    The second one made about the same as Captain Marvel. Everyone also hates Brie Larson. These are just facts. But yeah like I said, I don’t think he’ll go. But Spider-man is the name doing the heavy lifting in those box office takings, not Holland’s. Unlike RDJ - Iron Man, where the reverse was true.

Does everyone hate Brie Larson? There is certainly a section of the internet who don't like either her or the presentation of Captain Marvel as being the strongest of the Heroes but I'm not sure they represent the average movie goer. She certainly comes across as tiresome at times but lets be fair, thats most celebrities now. And I'm not saying either Larson or Holland are not Smug Hollywood A-listers... but thats not really the issue. Who cares as long as the movie is good. 

Back to Spiderman, I think Holland has done fine as Spiderman, he is probably too old to be playing a teenage version of himself but that is easily fixable by just moving the character forward in his life (probably do-able after the snap and this multi-verse thing) I'd be very much with Livdiv in thinking he has been the best Parker on screen so far.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I could take or leave Larson but actually I think that's probably more Cap Marvel, film did nothing for me.
  • Holland is the worst Parker. Best Spider-man though as he’s the only one who’s done the quips.
  • Think your issue is more with the script than the actor. Changing Holland won't mean more or less quips
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yeah, I don't get the hate for Larson. It was the writers that were the problem with her solo outing, and that's a big problem that's rearing it's ugly head more and more as the MCU progresses.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It’s both actors and writing.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I like both Larson and Holland. I used to like monkey
  • There haven’t been any good movie Bruce Waynes neithers, while I’m spewing out the takes.

Kevin Conroy doesn’t count.
  • Turns out you just don't like super heroe movies. Or maybe movies. I don't know.
    SFV - reddave360
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    There haven’t been any good movie Bruce Waynes neithers, while I’m spewing out the takes.

Kevin Conroy doesn’t count.

dBg7aLT.gif

Things can only get better.
  • I've not seen the Holland Spiderman films but he was cute as a button in whichever Avengers films he appeared in so he may carry on.  You can all go to bed now.
  • A cute Spider-man. I rest my case. My stupid pointless case.
  • *Pays £20 Day 1 on Disney+ for Spider-man 8*
  • For me Tobey was the best Peter, and Garfield was the best Spidey, but Holland is good at both, so is overall the best.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    DrewMerson wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Quite enjoyed this week’s What If. It even referenced the Ang Lee Hulk film, which is a deep cut for the MCU.
    What was the reference? I missed it.

Just double checked it, and I think I was confusing my Hulk films. Ignore me.
  • Yeah the Hulk storyline was referencing NortonHulk.
  • I try and separate the actor from the role. With that said, Cap Marvel was a fairly shit movie.
    I like Tom Holland as Spiderman. Think he is probably my fav version.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just watched that new Spider-mans trailer and thought it looked good. Yeah, I don't think Strange would have cast the spell itself, but other than that it's a nice enough reason to get the gang back together. Should be fun. And Holland is doing a fine job... tough crowd.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!