The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • Tom Holland is easily the best and most likeable Spiderman, perfectly cast IMO. Really looking forward to this next one.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Just watched that new Spider-mans trailer and thought it looked good. Yeah, I don't think Strange would have cast the spell itself, but other than that it's a nice enough reason to get the gang back together. Should be fun. And Holland is doing a fine job... tough crowd.

I'm guessing something is going on with Strange that is part explanation for this. The casual wear, the smirky smile - it feels like he has gone back to his original cocky character (when he was a surgeon) and given the way Wong leaves, I wonder if he has gotten too comfortable with Magic and thinks he is better than he is. Granted this would kinda mean a rethread of the character journey from the first Movie but maybe that's the main arc for the sequel - yes, he is powerful but he needs to respect the magic power or something.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I’m guessing there’ll be a slow build toward conflict between Doc Strange and Wanda Maximoff about the right/wrong way to use magic. That could be a few films down the line though.
  • Maybe that’s not the Real Dr Strange? Eh? Eh?
    We got a Skrull Fury knocking around on earth, and multiverse Variant Loki shenanigans…

Nah, that’d be a stretch, cos S-M:NWH comes out before Doc Strange Multiverse of Madness - so he’s probably being a bit too blasé about the magic and his fuckup in S-M probably feeds directly into the next Doc Strange film, then Thor and Ant-Man. Maybe they multiverse stuff is what pulls Blade and Fantastic Four into the timeline.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Strange was fast tracked into uber magic guy, quite plausible he’s still messing up as a senior manager.
    Things can only get better.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    ‘I’ve been sweating at this cauldron for twenty years and medallion goatee man walks in as the big I am, f’kin sickening.
  • I’d have thought with all his amazing powers he’d have been able to do something about that laughable wig he’s wearing in the trailer…
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • There's a few possibilities beyond skrull as to it not being the actual strange. Mephisto is the character who seems to be connected comic book wise with the idea of spiderman altering peoples knowledge of his identity. There's also Mordo from the first strange film who according to his wiki has impersonated Dr strange.

So lots of possibilities. The joy of the mcu is that as it gets deeper into comic lore is that it becomes as convuluted as the comics, drive the casual movie goer away and as such will slowly eat itself to death. The cosmic ballet will go on.

Until the inevitable "reboot" for ultimate marvel cinematic universe.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Aye, but that feckin’ wig tho…
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Aye, but that feckin’ wig tho…

I'd laugh my ass off if it's a deliberate tell that this isn't the real Dr strange...
    SFV - reddave360
  • It’s an alternative multiverse Strange who is bald. Obviously.
  • In order to prepare my little boy for the shenanigans in the new Spider-man film, we decided to start watching the old films in preparation.

First Spider-man film done and it still holds up fairly well although the action scenes disappoint slightly. I really enjoyed going back to it and it really does have some iconic scenes/shots. Great stuff.

Maguire was okay as Peter but way too quiet as Spiderman. He does a good job but so far…Holland still the best Spiderman by some distance for me.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • You’re in for a treat with the next one. Spider-Man 2 with Alfred Molina as Doc Ock is the best Spidey movie and one of the best superhero movies (when will they take off tho?).
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • I think we can all agree spider man 3 is the "must see" of the raimi trilogy.

Not because its good of course. But it shits the bed more than robocop 3 which is saying something.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yeah I adore spider man 2-absolutely blew my mind when I saw it in the cinema all those years ago.

We don’t talk about spiderman 3. It exists alongside the crystal skull in films that I refuse to believe are real.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Spiderman 3 was bloated garbage (and that's the studio's fault for being greedy with the baddies) but Crystal Skull belongs in a piss dungeon.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Spiderman 3 was bloated garbage (and that's the studio's fault for being greedy with the baddies) but Crystal Skull belongs in a piss dungeon.

If what I've read is through, if it had not been venom than Raimi did want one of the more classics in there (I think Vulture was planned). Raimi freely admits he does not like the venom character and did not want to do it. I think thats as much a cause for the problems as the studio involvement.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I still find it so weird that the studio decided to meddle on the third film of a highly popular series. First one, maybe, heck even the second, but after the creative have proven themselves twice surely you just let them go and do their thing.
  • I still find it so weird that the studio decided to meddle on the third film of a highly popular series. First one, maybe, heck even the second, but after the creative have proven themselves twice surely you just let them go and do their thing.

It probably gets worse as more and more big wigs want to hitch themselves onto the gravy train. I've heard a big problem with the Matrix sequels was that the first wasn't really overseen by anyone but for 2 and 3 the Studio knew they had a brand new cash cow. Which they killed.
    SFV - reddave360
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    What If...? was decent again this week. Pretty inevitable given it was a Doctor Strange episode about an alternate universe but I wonder if this one will end up tying into the multiuniverse stuff or the next film.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Spiderman 3 was bloated garbage (and that's the studio's fault for being greedy with the baddies) but Crystal Skull belongs in a piss dungeon.
    If what I've read is through, if it had not been venom than Raimi did want one of the more classics in there (I think Vulture was planned). Raimi freely admits he does not like the venom character and did not want to do it. I think thats as much a cause for the problems as the studio involvement.

Vulture was his plan for Spider-Man 4. 3 should have just been Sandman.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Vulture was his plan for Spider-Man 4. 3 should have just been Sandman.

The Original Spider-Man 3 – Raimiverse (wordpress.com)

Spider-Man 4: What Really Would've Happened in Raimi's Canceled Sequel (cbr.com)

Depends on what you read - I'd heard the Kingsley as Vulture story for Spidey 3 before but I've also read that part of the break up with Rami and the studio was for Spidey 4 he wanted Vulture and the Studio wanted the Lizard (somewhat backed up by Amazing Spiderman featuring the Lizard)

Regardless, the issues for Spidey 3 still seem studio-based as Vulture would fit in the spiderman that had been established in 1 and 2. Venom was put upon a director who didnt really dig the character at all.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Now that episode of What If was great. It delivered nan actual full story rather than just a setup
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    dvUuUe9.gif
  • lol fucking typing on a mobile!
  • So Super Gran ISN'T part of MCU phase 4?

Gotta say, feels like marvel are leaving money on the table there.
    SFV - reddave360
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    What If...? was decent again this week. Pretty inevitable given it was a Doctor Strange episode about an alternate universe but I wonder if this one will end up tying into the multiuniverse stuff or the next film.

The tentacles from Ep 1 were back

PSN - minkymu
  • Thought this weeks 'what if' was very ropey. Way too much attempts at humour that just weren't funny. Don't mind them trying something more funny but in the context of zombie apocalypse it just didn't land. The plot (for what it is) is non sensical and the whole thing feels like fan fiction.

Poor in just about every way.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I agree. They are leaning on the quantum realm a bit too much IMO.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!