Forza Horizon 5 - FNF NEVER DIE
  • 3 laps of Goliath? Great said no one ever
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Have you done the Rivals race yet? You can do that at any time and it will unlock previous weeks’ rewards as well.
    Where do I find the other rivals ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Credit to Boozy for this...

Press START > Online > Rivals > Horizon Rivals > Dirt Racing > San Juan Scramble > Choose Class (D,C,B,A,S1,S2) > Car Select > X (Sort) Performance Class > Select Car (A) > Start Rivals Event

How To Change Rival / See Leaderboards

Press START > Online > Rivals > Horizon Rivals > Dirt Racing > San Juan Scramble > Choose Class (D,C,B,A,S1,S2) > Change Rival (Y) > Change Filter (X) > Choose from Global (top times), Near Me, Friends, Club, Friends and Club > Select
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    They know what they're doing.

After glitching all the cars and houses I just potter around occasionally, and that's fine. The structure of this game sucks, and their exploit patch shows they're fully behind it. Same thing happened to GTA5 because of Shark cards. Can't satirise what you've become.

Once you're off the treadmill it's not a bad game, is the pity.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The larger structure of the game really comes in these weekly events. Logging in, completing some challenges with some random cars you may not have used before, collecting some new cars. I think it works well like that. I think you’ve cheated yourself out of quite a lot of what makes this work, to be honest with you.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    That's all great, I just don't think they should make it so grindy to unlock the required cars.

They could even loan them, as per Test Drive Unlimited's delivery missions. So as to keep cars the main attraction as prizes. I believe it'd have a better structure off Game Pass.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    But it’s not that grindy. You complete a championship, you get a car. You win a playground Games championship, you get a car. You complete a PR stunt, you get a wheelspin that may get you a car. If you don’t get the car that you want, there’s the autoshow or the auction house.

Your impression of this game being grindy is entirely informed by the fact that you decided to grind a glitch to get all the cars from wheelspins, which is itself a grindy method of getting cars. It’s got nothing to do with how most people play the game and build garages.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'm just not alone in thinking it'd have a more agreeable structure as a retail game that arrived on Game Pass later. So my points are mostly targeted at GP's potential influence going forward.

There are lots of challenges that don't need car carrots. Any team events against randoms?
  • This hasn't changed much since versions pre-gamepass has it?!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    I'm just not alone in thinking it'd have a more agreeable structure as a retail game that arrived on Game Pass later. So my points are mostly targeted at GP's potential influence going forward.

That’s fair, but you do keep calling it grindy which it isn’t. You decided not to engage with the game as it was designed and found a method to grind out all of the cars instead. That’s fine, you can play it how you want, but it’s not the fault of the game that you decided to do this.

It’s the equivalent of finding a way to glitch from the tutorial of a game to the final level and then to keep criticising the game for being too short.
  • It's an interesting take Escape as most people complain the biggest issue with FH is that there's no real sense of progression (I'm one of them) and that you are given the best cars at the drop of a wheelspin. Compare this against mostly any other car game (including GT2 which I know you're a fan of) which by their structure are the epitome of grindy.

I think if you're a completionist and want every car in the game then I guess you're potentially making the game grindy for yourself, but the only person I know who has done this previously is Yoss.

I get what I want out of Forza Horizon, its great to pootle around in, online FNF are great fun wherever you finish and for a competitive edge I enjoy Rivals.
  • I know Forza’s our baby, but not everybody has to like it. Escape can disagree if he wants to (although he does seem to have enjoyed it enough to sink a hell of a lot of playtime into it anyway).
  • As far as I can tell the only thing that Escape enjoys is moaning about stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I know Forza’s our baby, but not everybody has to like it. Escape can disagree if he wants to (although he does seem to have enjoyed it enough to sink a hell of a lot of playtime into it anyway).

Of course, I’m not saying he should like it, I’m just saying that his main, and repeated, criticism of the game is misplaced and based on how he decided to play it rather than anything else.

Loads of people have criticised the games for the confusing structure, which is fair enough. Escape’s the only person I’ve ever seen describe the games as grindy.
  • I mean … I think he’s wrong. But I don’t mind him being wrong. Mostly because I think I’d get really bored tying to argue the point.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Anyway, I’m still self-isolating, so I’ll be around tonight.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    As far as I can tell the only thing that Escape enjoys is moaning about stuff.

Haha!  Him and Chalice should form a duo and do YouTube rant and moan vids.  They'll be rich in no tome!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Anyway, I’m still self-isolating, so I’ll be around tonight.
    Boom! Me too! (Well not isolating but I'll be there with bells on!)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The career does need some work for the next one.. it needs to be better at showing how great it can be. Spotlighting events and different cars.

Anyway did enough seasonals to win the first car but fuck me anyone recommend a tune for the jeep series of races. Won the first race, second in the second.. can't get anywhere near the front in the third.. the entire pack just go past me off the line.
    The Forum Herald™
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    He needs to complain about the right things, though, Poppo. I will not stand for this misguided dissatisfaction.
    i think this should be the forum motto.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I'm around tonight for a rare appearance.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just realised that Among Us is on GP. Might be worth getting it installed for some post-Forza shenanigans.
  • I'm a mayber, again. Probably not though.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    The career does need some work for the next one.. it needs to be better at showing how great it can be. Spotlighting events and different cars.

Anyway did enough seasonals to win the first car but fuck me anyone recommend a tune for the jeep series of races. Won the first race, second in the second.. can't get anywhere near the front in the third.. the entire pack just go past me off the line.

Assuming you did these in the same order as me, so the last race is the point to point at the top right of the map, then that last one is a fucker.

Essentially, I had to not touch the brake almost at all during the race, bounce of AI cars to take corners quickly and make liberal use of the rewind function, particularly around the very last jump to ensure I landed well and was able to catch the leader on the final corner.
  • Up until the "liberal use of the rewind function" you described a driving style known as "the wookie way".

LETS SEE A SHOW OF HANDS FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK?!

WE SALUTE YOU!!!

LETS GET IT ON TONIGHT LADS!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!