I'll be on.

Yes but are you playing?

If the night goes like I hope it does I may tune
    In from
    Ww2
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    The career does need some work for the next one.. it needs to be better at showing how great it can be. Spotlighting events and different cars.

Anyway did enough seasonals to win the first car but fuck me anyone recommend a tune for the jeep series of races. Won the first race, second in the second.. can't get anywhere near the front in the third.. the entire pack just go past me off the line.

Assuming you did these in the same order as me, so the last race is the point to point at the top right of the map, then that last one is a fucker.

Essentially, I had to not touch the brake almost at all during the race, bounce of AI cars to take corners quickly and make liberal use of the rewind function, particularly around the very last jump to ensure I landed well and was able to catch the leader on the final corner.

Yes that’s the one Yoss! Thanks
    The Forum Herald™
  • Game crashed at the end there. Car was going round in circles, but the controller was completely disconnected.

Good races though.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Him and Chalice should form a duo and do YouTube rant and moan vids.  They'll be rich in no tome!

Not with a tenner each.

To answer what I consider grindy, it falls into two camps. The first I've blamed on Game Pass and that's probably unfair, where the sort of gameplay I'm criticising is what younger players are into. outoftouchskinner.gif

I'd ask who in the feck finds winning horns and dances and shoes on wheelspins exciting, buuut... Skinner. I get that a lot of people enjoy winning random cars and actually approve of that side, with the proviso there's minimal busywork (in this case a few silly prices).

Mechanical grind's highlighted by the likes of smashable boards, where I rinsed a few hundred grand fast-travelling to FT boards for... free FT. Back in the Tony Hawk era you'd get hidden tapes, but they were skill-based and local, not Pokemonesque in their collection requirements. But you don't have to collect boards; I get that.

I just think fast-travelling should follow the OG teleport-where-you've-been model, and doing it this way is obvious padding. They could dot diners and pubs and garages around the map (no petrol stations, by the way?), where you'd appear in their carparks once you'd been to them.

Am I thin-end-of-the-wedging prematurely, or does anyone else get a whiff of GTA pigeons?

As for teambased play, I've been crying out for it in fightmen for years, because I feel games have become more and more insular as their singleplayer content's increased. Keeping us screenlocked more important to publishers than classically, more temporarily entertained.

I know we've lots of MP-focused games, but I wish driving games like this encouraged communities with neater gameplay aspects, rather than relying on likemindeds getting it on via outside channels.

That last one's a bit of a harsh crit, but we've spun through several gens now without much MP evolution. Rivals is good if you're into TTing, but how old's that Need for Speed with popups?

Teleporting liberally with my full garage, I quite enjoy ambling around. Shame about the dull map, and how much slow-going it imposes in its copious offroad areas. Its handful of cheery sections reinforce the grey-and-brown mood elsewhere, but the engine sounds are nice for an hour's ramble. Sure is drab for such a sunny place, though.

I mentioned fightmen and they epitomise grinding, but it's self-inflicted. Same as playing WipEout Omega for ages to reach higher zones. Anything where you're against yourself/others without forced objectives, however easy they are. Street Fighter IV's an example of offering combo examples for its characters (good), but then tying an achievement to completing them all (bad!).

FH5 got off on the wrong foot when it had me slogging through jungle to photograph a couple of hard-to-see statues like it was two thousand and PS2. Trekking up a mountain to solve Lex Luthor's maze smash into lava vents...
  • Considering the pre hype talk of variety and biomes and such it is very Samey
    The Forum Herald™
  • Alternatively, other people play this driving game because they enjoy the driving.

EDIT: At miseryguts.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Alternatively, other people play this driving game because they enjoy the driving. EDIT: At miseryguts.

It's a lot of fun.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Escape, I don’t think that any of your criticisms are necessarily wrong, I certainly agree about fast travel, and you’re right about winning horns on wheelspins, I just think that you chose to play the game in a way that maximised the grind without engaging in the game in the way that the vast majority play it.

A lot for you seems to come back to wheelspins, but wheelspins are an incidental part of the game for me, they aren’t something that I think about much at all. If you’re trying to fill your garage through wheelspins alone, then of course the issues with that will be amplified, but nobody is trying to do this.

And as Drew says, there is a lot of MP and co-op stuff in this, they’ve added the Forza link stuff specifically to encourage teaming up. And the photo thing is entirely optional.
  • I like a wheelspin .. getting some shit I'm never going to use is part of the risk/reward that makes it rewarding when you do get something good. Also you win shit loads of cash.

I've won ten Dodges I'm never going to use, would never buy.. but might come in handy one day.

271912449_10227864257010909_5571760083508606091_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=pL8K6EuRy-AAX-feZ5Z&tn=x644dt5ZtlsJPpr5&_nc_ht=scontent.fiom2-1.fna&oh=00_AT8QVvJmb3Bk66N8hkLBkqaJij8Rxj9Hc7rr5gJgnfY2dw&oe=61E7055D
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They certainly serve a purpose, providing credits and filling out a garage so you’ve got options in a FNF, it’s just that I don’t play the game with the goal of getting wheelspins, they’re the thing you get while you’re knocking out weekly challenges or collecting accolades or whatever you might be playing for.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You can probably flog the F40 for more than you paid for it.
  • Are you sure right about this? I bought the f40
    As also had the wrong f40
    And did it no bother without dropping loads of
    Cash
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You can always flog the Bentley and rebuy the F40 when you’re done with it. From what I was seeing on the auction house earlier in the week, you’ll likely come out with the F40 and an extra 6 or 700K on top.
  • Weird as the Range Rover on the roof looks clearly further back
    The Forum Herald™
  • Lag.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Makes sense..
    The Forum Herald™
  • lol. was just on my way here to post that link. would be top lols if that happened on FNF. imagine the flounce!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • So winter season is Dry Season and the first prize car is the Porsche Carrera which is one of my all time faves.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm out for tonight, btw. Sorry chaps.
  • Yea I'm probably out tonight as well, feel quite run down and tired, Probably just going to watch some Netflix with the wife and then get an early night.

Sorry
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m also out.
  • I am around but happy just TT if low FNF numbers
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I think I'll give it a miss too, feeling a bit shit.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I’m out but have a cracking pic of Drew trying to deny me on the seasonal but I took him to church
    The Forum Herald™
  • I was free tonight. Never mind, I’m tired and have a bit of a headache so I may play something gentle and relaxing instead.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!