PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    I want to live in a world where the Saturn won.
    Saturn and DC suffered from the same problem of offering arcade games at home. PS1 changed everything.

How is that a suffering? Fuck me, I was over the moon at the time to be playing arcade perfect ports at home.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Saturn and DC suffered from the same problem of offering arcade games at home. PS1 changed everything.
    How is that a suffering? Fuck me, I was over the moon at the time to be playing arcade perfect ports at home.

I was in heaven but a lot people seemed to want to play Gran Turismo, FF and MGS instead.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Gavs list is gonna be all FIFORZA
    Already done my list you fucking tart

He probably thought it was Noxy
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dam. Internet eating my list post!
  • davyK wrote:

I still think the Mega CD and 32X were partly to blame, a lot of people lost faith in the brand.

I also think they underestimated the importance of Sonic. Sure in the early days it was all Ridge Racers, Tekkens, Daytonas and Virtua Fighters, but Nintendo showed that the old mascots were still huge. Crash Bandicoot was one of the biggest selling PS games for example.

Also they didn't seem to put up a fight regarding sports games, they were a big part of the Mega Drives success. Granted that was a bit out of their hand with EA jumping ship.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • The older I get the less inclination I have of going back to 16 bit games. They feel too quaint and small to me now.
  • Only thing in recent history that'll crack my list is Yakuza 0 because I hold it in memory so, so, so fondly

Yakuza 0
    We heart Katamari
    Power Stone 2
    Virtua Tennis
    Outrun 2
    Rez
    Streets Of Rage 2
    Pro Evolution Soccer 5
    Forza Horizon 2
    THPS 2

Lies, Gav is 100% a FIFA guy now
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Well if it was a "currently playing" list then, yes, it's 9/10ths Fifa 22 and the other GP Pub Grub, but it isn't.

PES 5 still the goat.
  • Top 10:
    Chrono Trigger
    KOTOR 1/2
    Resident Evil OG, 2, but also cheating to include 4
    Uncharted 2
    The Witcher 3
    GTA V
    Gears of War OG and judgment MP
    Halo CE/ ODST
    Half Life 2 / episodes 1 + 2
    Mass Effect 3 Inc MP

Honourable mention / personal choices: (5)
    Deus Ex: Invisible War,
    Vandal Hearts,
    Lumines OG,
    Tekken 3,
    Soul Edge/Blade

Sports games which I would consider putting on a list if that weren't haram af: (5)

- Virtua Tennis 2
    - Grand Prix Circuit (Accolade) MS DOS
    - Ridge Racer Révolutions
    - Champ Man 95/96
    - Fight Night: Round 3

Never played/ only dabbled without finishing, but suspect I would have loved:

- Metroid Fusion
    - Super Smash Bros Mêlée
    - Zelda: Twilight Princess
    - Mario 64
    - Super Bomberman

To save time, thought I'd start with the first list I vaguely agreed with, edit and add the missing gamez

What's wrong with y'all, driving games and sports games never make top 10, it's like a rule.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Chrono Trigger lol didn't have ya down as one of them ozno smh
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Re driving games.....F Zero X is perma-resident in my top 10. Cant see that ever changing.

Feck what a game. No game gives me the buzz that it does.

Fave sport game is between Track n Field and Virtua Tennis. Athlete Kings on Saturn is damn close.
  • Ooh, Vagrant Story and Terranigma are personal picks from me that I would put in a top games list.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Peeps are missing out not putting Half Life: Alyx on their list. That is all.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Probably because most peeps don't have VR yet.

It'll be at least a year or two before I even begin to consider taking the plunge.
  • Can't see that my top 10 has changed much in the last few years. I really like sci-fi action games. And social games. And games with 2 in the title. This is in no order btw. 

Halo CE / Reach
    Mass Effect 2
    Half-Life 2
    Portal 2
    Titanfall 2
    Borderlands 2
    Destiny 2
    Warframe
    TLoZ: Ocarina of Time
    Minecraft

A top 20 would add a bunch of nostalgia fuel from Treasure, Cave, SEGA and others. It's a far more interesting list tbf. 

Jet Set Radio Future
    Panzer Dragoon Orta
    OutRun 2 
    Skies of Arcadia
    Mushihimesama Futari
    Muchi Muchi Pork!
    Hotline Miami
    Bangai-O
    Soul Calibur
    Phantom Crash
  • Metroid Prime.
    Firewatch.
    God of War - PS4 not those horrible ones.
    Last of Us 2.
    Red Dead Redemption 2.
    Uncharted 2.
    BotW.
    F-Zero GX.
    Threes.
    The Last Guardian.

Close, oh so close.

Kentucky Route Zero.
    GB Tetris.
    Mario 64.
    Fable 2.
    Virtua Tennis 2.
    Astro bot Rescue Mission.
    Lonely Mountain Downhill.

Could only take one onto my desert island award goes to….

RDR2.
  • Chrono Trigger lol didn't have ya down as one of them ozno smh

I played it for the first time on emulator on the phone, so good I bought the DS version, even better. It was 2011 or summat
    An astounding game, cannot believe a game that old plays so well, and it clearly was so influential on a lot of later games. You should definitely try it m8

• I played it around the same time, easily my fav JRPG.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Chrono Trigger is definitely one that I want to play at some point. Aside from the Golden Sun games on GBA I played when I was younger I feel like I've never fully experienced a JRPG.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message

I played it for the first time on emulator on the phone, so good I bought the DS version, even better. It was 2011 or summat
    An astounding game, cannot believe a game that old plays so well, and it clearly was so influential on a lot of later games. You should definitely try it m8

This guy knows what’s up.
    Get schwifty.
  • It has some of the nicest 16-bit graphics and an absolutely stonking soundtrack. I was lucky enough to own and play it on SNES. (And then sell it for like £200.)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The Saturn and N64's best games were in genres the other struggled with: Virtua Fighter 2 and SEGA Rally; Mario 64 and GoldenEye.

You can have yer Panzers and Zeldas if you wanna be Very Wrong.

Problem for the Saturn was that most of us preferred Tekken 2 and Gran Turismo, and even though the PS had nothing to match the 64's big two, that's pretty much all it had that wasn't Blast Corps until Perfect Dark.

Ocarina of Time was my on-rails disappointment of the gen. Bought it that Christmas, but was so underwhelmed by its autopilot controls I didn't complete it until the mid Noughties. By which time it'd lost its visual edge (Lake Hylia aside; loaching its best gameplay), while still playing like a kids' game. It wasn't until Breath of the Wild that we were trusted with normal controls.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message

dude I fuck I don't jrpg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    The Saturn and N64's best games were in genres the other struggled with: Virtua Fighter 2 and SEGA Rally; Mario 64 and GoldenEye. You can have yer Panzers and Zeldas if you wanna be Very Wrong. Problem for the Saturn was that most of us preferred Tekken 2 and Gran Turismo, and even though the PS had nothing to match the 64's big two, that's pretty much all it had that wasn't Blast Corps until Perfect Dark. Ocarina of Time was my on-rails disappointment of the gen. Bought it that Christmas, but was so underwhelmed by its autopilot controls I didn't complete it until the mid Noughties. By which time it'd lost its visual edge (Lake Hylia aside; loaching its best gameplay), while still playing like a kids' game. It wasn't until Breath of the Wild that we were trusted with normal controls.

The Saturn port of Sega Rally was a minor miracle, especially in PAL with its optimised wizardry. But the lack of content let it down. Sure the tracks were great but there's only so much you can squeeze out of 4 of them, especially when looking at what the PS1 had.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Including 2097.

GT felt five years ahead of Rally, but it was peak arcade brilliance. Same as Tekken 2 overshadowed VF2.

Had the Saturn launched instead of the 32X we'd be having a very different convo. Had the Dreamcast launched a year earlier...
  • Chrono Trigger lol didn't have ya down as one of them ozno smh
    I played it for the first time on emulator on the phone, so good I bought the DS version, even better. It was 2011 or summat An astounding game, cannot believe a game that old plays so well, and it clearly was so influential on a lot of later games. You should definitely try it m8
    dude I fuck I don't jrpg
    ME6P91E_o.png
    ME6P91F_o.png
    ME6P91G_o.jpg
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Numberwangers.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Including 2097. GT felt five years ahead of Rally, but it was peak arcade brilliance. Same as Tekken 2 overshadowed VF2. Had the Saturn launched instead of the 32X we'd be having a very different convo. Had the Dreamcast launched a year earlier...

GT was a proper home game. Though I got bored pissing out with passing its tests. Was abandoned. I tried the arcade mode but it just wasn't for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!