Selling shit
  • Any interest in a PS4 that powers down after prolonged use, Syph? Been meaning to Ebay it as faulty but can never be bothered. Would sell for less than what that sort of thing usually goes for just to avoid the Ebay hassle. It's fine for streaming stuff or playing bitesize indies, but anything juicy seems to force it into a shutdown (had to use firmware to bring it back a couple of times). Might just need a good clean, or new thermal paste or a replacement HD or something much trickier, dunno.

Also got a working PS4 to shift if anyone's interested. First dibs to livdiv tho.
  • Cheers Moot but Im ok for now so anyone else can jump in.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Any interest in a PS4 that powers down after prolonged use, Syph? Been meaning to Ebay it as faulty but can never be bothered. Would sell for less than what that sort of thing usually goes for just to avoid the Ebay hassle. It's fine for streaming stuff or playing bitesize indies, but anything juicy seems to force it into a shutdown (had to use firmware to bring it back a couple of times). Might just need a good clean, or new thermal paste or a replacement HD or something much trickier, dunno.

What would you be looking for? Maybe send me a DM. Have no experience with PS4's, but I have been asked to replace a HDMI port on one by someone, so I guess I will have soon!
  • Ha was hoping you'd tell me. Will have a look at some items on eBay later.
  • Based on some OG PS4 sold prices, you're looking at £50-70, depending on condition and the nature of the fault.
  • I'm going to flog a load of tat and I've been looking at similar tat on eBay. How does postage work there? E.g. I've got a guitar to sell, and saw one person selling theirs plus £7 for postage. What's that all about? I've got quite a lot of bulky tat to get rid of so I'm trying to think about an economical way to do it. I've only ever used it for selling old games before.
  • Also is the nearest offer thing like literally it will accept any low-ball offer going or can you set a minimum?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think some people will choose to eat postage costs because they think the total amount they get will either compensate or at least cover it. If you want to put actual P+P costs on your listings, I would just do it if it makes you happier, don’t overthink it too much.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    Also is the nearest offer thing like literally it will accept any low-ball offer going or can you set a minimum?

It will email you asking if you want to accept but you can also set a lower limit beyond which it will automatically tell them to fuck off without you wasting time on it.
  • I think eBay have started taking a percentage of postage costs now as well to stop people selling for a penny with £50 postage or whatever so may be worth taking that into account if you're giving postage rates.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I think I'll do collection only for the big stuff, see if it sells at the price I want and drop the price if it doesn't. Sending a guitar through the post seems like a nightmare.
  • Every two weeks they do 80% off selling fees over the weekend so just wait for those for everything.
  • Ah ok. I'll time it for those then.
  • I have lots of loose GBA gems and a base PS4 (+ pads) to sell if there's any interest.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    I'm going to flog a load of tat and I've been looking at similar tat on eBay. How does postage work there? E.g. I've got a guitar to sell, and saw one person selling theirs plus £7 for postage. What's that all about? I've got quite a lot of bulky tat to get rid of so I'm trying to think about an economical way to do it. I've only ever used it for selling old games before.

Just be careful pricing. I put a Backbone on there (which is about 80-100) and I got nowhere near it, so much so, I had to sabotage with a dummy account so I didn't take a loss.

I'm dreading putting my Elite Series 2 on there, that given.
  • I think a lot of it is dealers who aren't going to go above, I dunno, a third of the actual value or something. I'm not in a big hurry to sell so I'll put things on with a decent minimum and relist if there's no interest.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I have lots of loose GBA gems and a base PS4 (+ pads) to sell if there's any interest.

Which GBA gems do you have?
  • Note to self - never put a TV on eBay again. Brings out all the dicks.
  • "will give u 40 bar plus postage"

It's an auction, people have already bid more than that and it's collection only.
  • Actually I tell a lie, people hadn't already bid more but that extra £4 isn't the sweetener he seems to think it is for wrapping up and posting a 40" TV.
  • And people in the market for second hand binoculars really know their shit.
    "What is the field of view at 1000 metres?"
    "Any collimation issues?"

Erm.
  • monkey wrote:
    And people in the market for second hand binoculars really know their shit.
    - "depends on what you're looking at, could be corn, could be wheat, might just be a playing field!"

Erm.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • monkey wrote:
    Any collimation issues?"

Yes, and at no extra cost!
  • Having watched 3 minutes of a YouTube video and performed a rigorous 30 second test in my garden, I can officially give my binoculars the Monkey Zero Collimation Issues Gold Seal of Approval.

And with the manufacturer's website telling me that the linear field of view at 1000m is an astonishing 65m, you'd have to be a fool not to buy these amazing binoculars.

Two whole kilograms of precision engineered peeping Tom action is yours for the starting bid price of only £40.
  • monkey wrote:
    And people in the market for second hand binoculars really know their shit.
    "Any collimation issues?"

Erm.

The answer is 360 degrees, and no - has stayed fully collimated throughout
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • A good Catholic waits for their wedding night to collimate their binoculars.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    A good Catholic waits for their wedding night to collimate their binoculars.

Bravo.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • FML this TV.
    It sold. Collection only from Birmingham. I've fielded about 10-15 enquiries during the 7 days it's been listed from people asking where in Birmingham I'm located. It's a pain in the arse but fair enough because it's not worth anyone's time schlepping a giant cheap TV from one side of the city to the other (edit - and, lesson learned, I should have included a more precise location in the listing).
    Then this genius gets in touch when it's sold.
    I won the the bid. I stay in Swansea and I wish to ask if the item can be shipped to my address in Swansea, what will be the additional cost? Alternatively, if I am to travel by train to Birmingham, can you please  bring the TV to the train station? Thank you.

I'm now going to have to either
    a) relist the fucking thing and have another week of dumbos asking if I can pack it up for them and stick it in a post box
    b) haul the bastard down to the tip myself
    c ) leave it on the street and see what happens
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Can you not make a Second Chance Offer to the next bidder?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!