Street Fighter 6! Open world!
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Add a few of you last night, my tag is MM Speedhaak within the CFN.

Cheers, saw that. I tend to play odd hours but feel free to invite me to a casual beating room if you see me online.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Game is teh best. Brilliant games with Speedhaak last night. I'm still too reliant on SF4 tech but I'm picking up bits and pieces. Some of Chun's sequences are great fun and not too technically demanding for someone with incompetent fingers like me. Crouching medium punch, Ex SBK/Legs > Super > headstomps into aerial Ex legs. Nom.

• And Dubs ate me alive with Marisa. Need to look up what to do about that rocket punch.
  • I like Marisa.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Pretty sure you can just jab her out of the jumping punch, allowing you to juggle afterwards. I've definitely seen Gief doing cr.lp into EX air SPD against it for massive chunks.
  • Tiger probably means Gladius punch. I just keep neutral jumping and hope they try and do it and then I can punish :)
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Oh right I guess perfect parry is the answer but until people learn that I'll just keeping spamming it lol

Actually you could probably just break the armour with ex legs or something.
  • Hmm, I'll have to investigate. You just bullied me with it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Added everyone who added me. This fighting game is fuckkng great
  • I’ll be on tonight from about 7-9. Custom rooms if anyones free?
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    I’ll be on tonight from about 7-9. Custom rooms if anyones free?

I'm going to grab about 30 minutes now if that's of use?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    On for the next hour or so.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Dogfingers wrote:

Sorry think I missed you I didn;t get on until later than expected.

There's nothing more terrifying that 'gief parry dashing towards you on wakeup.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Dogfingers wrote:
    Sorry think I missed you I didn;t get on until later than expected. There's nothing more terrifying that 'gief parry dashing towards you on wakeup.

No bother, only get about 30 minutes before Daughter started pestering me to play unravelled 2 (not that I mind, lovely game)

My dash game is quite weak in this. Defo something I need to work on. Otherwise, still loving this. I do need to main a new fighter though. Kimberly looks fine, as do Juri and Deejay
    SFV - reddave360
  • Does anyone want to do lobby session?

Need to pick a date and time and get as many people on mic as possible?
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • On hols this week but would be very up for that.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I would be game, very late Friday and Saturdays and Sunday day time are best for me
  • Think it would be best for someone regular to pick a time.

I'll do my best to join whatever is chosen but I'm not online here that often
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • I'm utterly convinced that everyone claiming this game to be beginner friendly isn't actually a beginner to the series at all. So much necessary info is assumed knowledge. Even down to the buttons you have to press to execute moves. For example, if i wrote '> + A B', i think most normal people would read that as meaning press right and A together, then press B. Most normal people wouldn't assume it meant press A and B together, because you'd write that as '> + A + B', but Capcom had other ideas. And that's really just the beginning of the button problems, because on numerous occasions combos demoed are executed by pressing completely different buttons from the buttons from the ones i am being instructed to press. It really makes no sense at all. Never in my life have i found it so hard to execute what seems to be such simple button inputs, and i'm left with no clue as to why it fails. 

Also, the characters are truly horrible. Like proper rancid TikTok influencer horrible. Hate is a strong word but i do actually hate a few of them.

That said, i'm still a bit envious when i watch a battle between people who know how to play this. It really does look like so much fun if you know how to wield the characters.
  • Re: buttons

You've changed the input display setting to showing the actual ABXY/cross-square-triangle-circle buttons instead of L-M-H punch or kick, yes?

I always found any issue I had with combos was more timing, on my part. Shrug.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I changed my ps5 pad to the snes pad (l1 and r1 because triggers are for criminals) and I have 0 regrets.
  • Cheers for the fights there Dave, forgot how beastly your gief was. No need to post the score, lets agree we both played well :)

Says a lot that I enjoy this game so much even when being pounded by SPDs. Again and Again.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Anyone watching kumite today? Lineup is pretty great.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    GGs other David!  Plenty of close rounds in there.  

Caught Tokido's match, good stuff, but just missed the combo competition which apparently Gief won?!
  • 'close rounds'

Savage
  • nick_md wrote:
    'close rounds'

Savage

And yet he is being kind...

SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Anyone else playing World Tour? I'm about 4 hours in and it's sublimely barmy.
  • Making glacial pace but aye, been working really well as a Diablo palate cleanser. It's a modern DC-era game.
  • No, not touching it at all. Just lobbies with mates or ranked. That’s it. Occasional training mode.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Anyone else playing World Tour? I'm about 4 hours in and it's sublimely barmy.

I tried it and beyond getting some clothes for my avatar, I dont feel I would get a lot out of it. Some people seem to really enjoy but I'm sticking mostly to story mode and online stuff.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!