Street Fighter 6! Open world!
  • As far as I know, it has no in-game voice chat, which is the one big mistake they've made with it for me.
  • Just ordered mine through Currys (cheers for the link Gaz).

Got a Hori fight pad for Samurai Shodown for the Xbone so expecting it'll be fine for this.

Was hoping for Balrog, Necali or Fei Long to be in the launch line up so will have to have a play to assess who to main.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Goddamn fomo hitting in now but can't justify the expense of game+stick(or at minimum fightpad).
  • Shopto codes now available if anyone else went there. Downloading now. Hype!
  • Anyone who mains the big Italian girl has my blessing.
  • Yknow I was thinking it. She seems fun.
  • Reading they've quietly added that shit drm stuff to the pc version. Oof. Not cool.
  • For the folks who ordered from Currys, check your emails for the pre order dlc
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I hear servers are down? And you keep getting interrupted by a message of “cant connect” if you’ve chosen to play offline? Well done CrapCom.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Good job I didn’t book the day off and that I have lots of work to do!
  • Working fine for me all morning.
  • Yeah not sure what’s happening with whoever told me that, but I’m doing fine. 

Only doing practice and trials and shit with JP for now. 

Might jump on ranked with Ryu to spank some noobs though.
  • Only had time for a blast of World Tour last night. Stand by my assessment that it's a DC-era game in design but 2023 presentation makes a dizzying cocktail to me. I love it. Met Chun-Li, started the building blocks of modern control combos. Great stuff.
  • I don't think I'll touch World Tour unless there are trophies attached to it and I need them fro platinum later on.

I've played some ranked matches.  Met one Marisa who looks like they already know some decent comobs - she (?) perfected me in a matter of seconds in the third round with some massive damage!
  • Well I defo got cheevos in it last night cos I'm so fucking great at it already, duh.
  • What's the story stuff like on SFV: Champion Edition? Getting a vague SF pull for old time's sake and I've noticed it's included in PS Extra.

Edit: Actually Soul Calibur VI might scratch the SP itch a little better?
  • ...story?  STORY?!  (It's a vs. figther, not an RPG!)

Not sure.  I played the mode on release years ago, got the trophies, didn't touch it again.  I think it has static cutscenes, some bullshit 'story', and you have these fights against random CPU characters.  Utterly pointless.

World Tour on SFVI does look like it might be semi-decent though, but I doubt I will ever not be fighting a human opponent to try it out.
  • If Story mode is your thang, check out Guilty Gear.  It actually has a massive ongoing story and decent campaign modes and at least looks decent (anime style).
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What's the story stuff like on SFV: Champion Edition? Getting a vague SF pull for old time's sake and I've noticed it's included in PS Extra.

Edit: Actually Soul Calibur VI might scratch the SP itch a little better?

It's hideous. I really enjoyed the matches in sfv but that story mode is pure rubbish (what's worse is it looks like they put a lot of time into it)
    SFV - reddave360
  • There is story content in SC6 but it's all text in menus and tons of loading screens. By the numbers SC when you're playing it though, great stuff as ever.
  • The ability to use two controllers is brilliant.

Sign in a Dualsenses on a different account and you can use it to navigate your character and then just use the stick in fights.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    If Story mode is your thang, check out Guilty Gear.  It actually has a massive ongoing story and decent campaign modes and at least looks decent (anime style).

Forgot about that, I think I installed one on GP recently. Ta.
  • Can we get fighter IDs in the OP please?  Or at least the second post as Bob is unlikley to bother keping it up to date.  We can then add each other as friends on CFN.

I am most obvioulsy:

Hylian Elf
  • Is that the name you set on initial load in? I'm the same as here.
  • Last time i played Street Fighter was 4 i think. With both fewer moves and characters than the previous beat em up i played (Soul Caliber. Or maybe Tekken), I really didn't get how the consensus deemed this better. Can someone help pinpoint my deficit of nuance?
  • What are the installs on the Ps5 version? I’m installing the update disc and 2 other things.
  • The game, world tour, fighting ground. It's doing a halo/crackdown in that modes have their own download, weirdly.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    COMING TOMORROW ILL FUCKING KILL YOU ALL (with Ken)
  • regmcfly wrote:
    COMING TOMORROW ILL FUCKING KILL YOU ALL (with Ken)

Barlow?
  • The game, world tour, fighting ground. It's doing a halo/crackdown in that modes have their own download, weirdly.

Cheers

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!