Street Fighter 6! Open world!
  • average review score is 90+
    PSN - minkymu
  • I've got it in Fantasy Critics. Quids in
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Wasn't even considering getting this since fighting games stopped having anything to offer at the turn of the century. But those scores have me curious..
  • After watching the IGN review I'm gonna need a good few weeks understanding fully the Drive system.
  • After watching the IGN review I'm gonna need a good few weeks understanding fully the Drive system.

What I reckon (and am open to be corrected) - 

Drive Impact is like focused attack from SF4.
    Drive Parry - basic form is a block which builds back up your Drive gauge
    Perfect Parry - as above but timing is spot on - feels more like the parry in SF3
    Overdrive - Makes Speicals EX moves
    Drive Rush - not 100% on this - its a faster dash but can also be used to cancel from a normal attack. I've not really been able to use it properly but havent practiced enough on it. 
    Drive Reversal - Kinda like the V-reversal from SF5, its an attack out of block stun to stop pressure. Low damage.

Think thats it. Worth nothing that running out of Drive gauge can also make you more vunerable in a few different ways - particularly drive impacts.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Fucksake am I going to have to buy this then never play it?

I don't suppose a 360 arcade stick would work on the SX.
  • Drive Rush is akin to FADC from SFIV, I think (when used to cancel a move).  And I guess to an extent Roman Cancels from GG.  And maybe lots of other fighting games.  I don't think SF6 does anything new, just brings different things together, into one meter management system.

They've played around with things like stun bar/dizzy situations etc which makes the game more diferent than the Drive system does.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah Dave, elf, that's mostly just wordsoup to me. I'll get there with a run through World Tour.
  • Yeah Dave, elf, that's mostly just wordsoup to me. I'll get there with a run through World Tour.

Yeah sorry.  If you've not played (and understood/used) previous games' systems, then yes you'll need to spend time learning this one.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Fucksake am I going to have to buy this then never play it?

I don't suppose a 360 arcade stick would work on the SX.

Highly doubt it.

• I'm gonna spend most of my time early on learning efficient ways to use Drive Rush efficiently (the buffering if I can) and BnB Rush combos.  If I can.  Sounds harder than FADC combos if I'm right, due to tighter timings?
  • Okay, the Drive system.

You start with Six bars in the drive meter.

EX moves (OverDrive) use two bars.

The drive meter refills over time.

Chip damage comes from your Drive meter.

If you completely run out, the bar turns grey, and you go into burnout state. You can't use anything that uses the drive meter, and chip damage now comes from your health bar. Once the bar refills, you're back to normal. Staying on the ground, and moving forward refills it quicker.

Drive Impact (HP + HK) is a big move with two (I think) hits of armour. If it hits, it causes a stagger state in the opponent. If someone presses this, and you haven't committed to anything, you can just Drive Impact back, and you'll beat theirs. Pretty sure it loses to throws.

Drive Parry (MP + MK) is a parry that can just be held down to parry indefinitely. Loses to throws. Uses some Drive meter, and each successful parry restores some Drive meter.

You can dash cancel forward out of it in neutral or on a parry, and it gives the normal you use forward momentum, and adds +4 to the first normal used out of it.

Drive Rush is the dash cancel part of a parry, but can be done from any normal that can be special cancelled. Performed by just dashing forward on hit or block.

Drive Reversal (Towards and HP + HK when in blockstun) is your classic Alpha Counter. This will beat any Drive Rush from a medium or heavy button.

Super meter is just for supers.

Can be filled to three bars. Each character has three supers.

Level 1 Super uses 1 bar, and cannot be cancelled into from a special move.

Level 2 Super uses 2 bars, and can be cancelled into from an EX special move.

Level 3 Super uses 3 bars, and can be cancelled into from regular special moves.

When on low health, your Level 3 becomes a Critical Art, and has a longer animation, doing more damage.
  • I'm no master but it doesn't take long to get the basics. Great breakdown from Chopper there - can confirm throws are a great counter to drive impact. I knew you took chip damage when you ran out of drive meter, I didn't realise that it was normal chip damage takes from it. Makes sense and also gives another reason to use drive parry instead of blocking.

It's all good stuff, I'm near giddy for tomorrow.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Nice one, Chopper.  I also hadn't cottoned onto the chip damage to the Drive Gauge.

Also worth mentioning a couple of other points:

Successful DI in the corner pins your opponent to the wall for a juggle combo.  And if they're in burnout, it dizzies them.

@Dave: tomorrow?!
  • Yeah I think I get the gist of most of it, it's more using it to a point where I'm comfortable and can make decisions about my meter on the fly whilst in the heat of a match. My main takeaway from the IGN video review, coming into it from a noobs perspective, is if someone does a drive attack, do it back then combo. And obvs avoid burnout.

Learning to crawl before I sprint, mind.
  • Also forgot to say that if you do a Parry within 1 frame (may be 2) of a move hitting you, it's a Perfect Parry which causes a huge slowdown, and lets you punish easily.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Nice one, Chopper.  I also hadn't cottoned onto the chip damage to the Drive Gauge. Also worth mentioning a couple of other points: Successful DI in the corner pins your opponent to the wall for a juggle combo.  And if they're in burnout, it dizzies them. @Dave: tomorrow?!

*Checks date*

Bollocks, Friday. I meant friday. 

Stupid 7 day week always messing with me...
    SFV - reddave360
  • Ordered a new stick.

Let's goooo!
  • My wife is taking Friday off, and taking the kids out for the morning, then I'm taking them to see Spider-Verse 2 in the afternoon.

It's all coming up Chopper.
  • I'm on holiday from Friday until Monday... :(
  • Gary Neville weekend.video
  • Mini-retirement, indeed.
  • My wife is taking Friday off, and taking the kids out for the morning, then I'm taking them to see Spider-Verse 2 in the afternoon. It's all coming up Chopper.

Thats a quality friday.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Drive meter is your most important meter. It is life, it is passion, it is art, it is expression, it is death.

If you block normal or special attacks, it will slowly chip down.

So if you have just a teeny bit left and the opponent attacks: DO NOT BLOCK.

Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive or Dodge but do not defend.

You will get chipped out into burnout.

INSTEAD: Attack, Move, Parry, or Drive Impact.

It's better to eat a small combo or trade with the enemy than go into burnout.

ALSO: When you are trying to build drive meter or get out of burnout:
    DON'T JUMP. It's super slows down the recover speed.

Walk forward and attack is fastest.
    Hold back is also fast
    Jumping slows it down.

If you keep jumping it takes Twice as long.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • https://youtu.be/aJslQlJ8L0U

Original costumes trailer - Have to say Ken, Ryu and Gief look great there to me. I prefer the Blanka original too. 

Of the new characters Manon and Kimberly costumes look excellent. 

Apparently you can buy these with in game currency that can be grinded, kinda like SFV?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Does this thing have cross play between xbox and ps5?
  • Kow wrote:
    Does this thing have cross play between xbox and ps5?

Yep.

All ordered from Currys for £45
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Does cross play mean you can communicate across platforms too, via mic? Can you create rooms or groups with a mix of consoles?
  • I *think* the battle hub handles that stuff? Maybe?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Not got into a beat-em-up for years, but I reckon my 10 year old will love the aesthetic of this.

I've just watched some gameplay and it took me right back to SF2 with some of the old stages. Love Dhalsim's floppy arms.

I'm in!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!