Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bought this (in a real shop again!). Dunno why really, just appealed. Is it possible to install Discord on Xbox and ps5 and chat cross platform?
  • I believe so, Kow.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Can I Ken Kow
  • We all ken Kow.
  • I prefer Nescafé.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    ILL BE FIGHTING TMRW FUCKING ITS A NEW STREET FIGHTER
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Installed and just about to start brawling!!

I’m ready to kick some arse!
  • So I’ve only got Gav so far. Sent a friend request on CFN.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'm a maybe for some late late scrapping. Backshift, etc.
  • Capcom Id: Dogfingers. Custom rooms appear to be down so fighting with friends appears to only work in the battlehub. I’m sat in Euro server 66 if anyone wants some scraps
  • Sorry in bed now. Had a session with a mate. He picked Lily and I was JP and we were just mashing it out. Was great fun. 20-18 to me. 

Early days but this seems way better than SFV. Way better.
  • The logo for this is jarring. It really looks like the logo for an entirely different product but i can't figure out what. maybe a trainer  shop or something
  • So I've had 5 hours on this tonight, just in training doing the combos, in the battle hub with 2 friends and on ranked and I think it's fantastic. When SFV came out, I had a real character crisis as I didn't really 'feel' many of them. I thought they were quite dull, I can't say I hated the game like many others as I did eventually settle into Kolin and Fang and put numerous hours into it. This though, it's clicked immediately. The first two characters I've actually put a bit of work into I've been having a blast trying to come up with stuff in the training mode and everyone I've tried apart from JP who I didn't get seems really fun to play. Very optimistic for the future of this.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    The online setup is maddening!!

Created an account, set it up and tied it in with my xBox Live account on my blower.  Gave myself a capcom user ID which matched my xBox live ID and away I went and the game loads.

I then get asked in-game to create a character ID.  I'd just read the Polygon review where it mentioned that there's a single player element where you train a character up from scratch, learning the moves and what not.  I thought this must be the start of that game, so I gave myself a "real person name" and would you believe it, but that is now my capcom ID!!
  • Pretty sure you can change that at any time.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Pretty sure you can change that at any time.

Sweet!!

I couldn't have played more than 40 minutes last night and I was already getting "Street Fighter Thumb"!

Really looking forward to spending more time with the game.
  • I can't wait to kick you all in the face with Chun Li.
  • The logo for this is jarring. It really looks like the logo for an entirely different product but i can't figure out what. maybe a trainer  shop or something
    A lot of the opening presentation bit including the logo reminds of that cringe Pepsi Max Christmas advert.
  • I've gone and got the ultimate pass version. Won't be on until after midnight tonight though - stupid family getting in the way...

(I jest of course. Its actually too nice a day here to stay in but hyped that I'll have it all downloaded for tonight)
    SFV - reddave360
  • I bought this. I imagine i will probably play it an hour. The combat looks a lot of fun if you can find the time to get to grips with it, but i'm not sure i will end up doing this.perhaps i am starting to see how more moves doesn't necessarily mean better game. 

i find the overall presentation pretty repulsive, though. the whole tone is super incongruous to the actual game. it's like the team that ruined Forza Horizon were told to do it again here,  but this time make it edgier; more London.
  • Perhaps it's just the sheen of modern marketing. 

Tried to do some fighting tutorial thing on this and it seemed to want me to do a particular move but then also wanted me to look that move up myself without providing the button prompts and then when i find the move it wanted me to do  (which wasn't at the top of the list)  i had to remember what was written there (which wasn't the direct actual buttons i needed to press for some reason) and then exit back out and attempt to do it myself. am i being an idiot or is this the most unintuitive way of learning the ropes?
  • Trials? You can just press start/options and a few lines down, change move names to button prompts.
  • This is one thing that put me off the online demo.
    It took me so long to find out how to change from modern to classic controls when actually fighting that I only played one match.
    I'm usually pretty good at figuring out how to mess with setting but with the demo there were so many places setting could be changed and you had to find the specific set of settings to be able to change the in fight controls.
    You rang.....
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Trials? You can just press start/options and a few lines down, change move names to button prompts.

Cheers. 

Pretty mad still that yellow button press doesn't actually mean press the yellow button on my controller. You would think that was the obvious choice on a controller with colour coded buttons. And also that it doesn't seem to tell me what N or M mean anywhere in the controls either. And also that the move i'm currently trying to do (with E Honda, beginner 4) shows red H, then yellow left followed by white right, and then fist, which begs the questions, what is the difference between yellow direction and white direction? because it doesn't seem to say anywhere. I thought maybe it meant hold the button down, but when i watch the example the computer is clearly pressing down at the start of the combo, and that doesn't seem to be indicated anywhere in the command list for this move? 

I don't think anyone who claimed this is beginnner friendly is actually a beginner at all.

edit- okay thank fuck i can change the buttons to show actual buttons
  • Probably a charge move if it's Honda. Try holding the direction for a couple of seconds then the opposite.
  • My god. Some of the Chun technology I'm seeing on Twitter is outstanding.
  • Only got to play through a few story modes yesterday. Initial thoughts:

- The overall fight feel is fun - like the drive system although I'm only scratching the surface. 

- The fighter models are a little bit of a mixed bag (although series s issues maybe) - Like how Ryu and Ken look, Blanka is becoming less and less likable as a design. 

- I like the overall aesthetic - its not perfect and a bit too western in design but it flows well throughout the UI. 

- I kinda like the commentators - They seem A bit limited but I think it adds to the game. 

- Some of the dialogue is still SFV tier rubbish. I'm guessing this is just the way street fighter will be, but its not appealing with some characters.

- Its a pity JP isn't just the big boss - he feels a natural ender for several characters. Great that you can play as him but I always like a proper boss. Maybe a future update could present a Shin JP?

- The truck bonus stage is fun but should be kept for when you do a 12 fight run. In a 5 fight run, i want five fights.

- I love how much tools each fighter seems to have. Even Guile has an extra move (albeit its his V-trigger) 

- I might need to upgrade to a series X - the series S runs smooth but when the American flag on Guiles shoulder is blurred... thats disappointing.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'm going to be on tonight if anyone wants a few easy wins.
  • What’s your fighter ID? I’ll add you. Or you can add me. I’m Hylian Elf.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!