Mortal Kombat
  • The gore seems to have got more squishy
  • 17yr olds are allowed to play this now? I'm out.
  • Someone suggested Homelander as a guest character, and it's such a perfect fit.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1659181777229950977/photo/3

Game is going to have assists.

It says no cross play at launch, but apparently the FAQ has now been edited to remove that.
  • Yeah Homelander and Peacemaker have both been 'rumoured'.

Peacemaker seems likely given he is a WB character and hasn't been done to death in NR games like the other DC lot.
    Also fits the humour.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Erling Haaland pls.
    Too OP
  • :)

Vaguely tempted to go day one for this. Which is odd as I only kinda like the way it plays.

Edit: and also because the ultra edition will probably be £15 in two years.
  • I predict it will look beautiful, be animated horribly, and play extremely similarly to 9, 10, and 11.

As long as it has good single player challenges, and a cheese filled story, I'll enjoy it while never playing a single match against another person.

This.
  • I'll be day one.
    I was day one for X and 11, didn't regret it.

Interested to see how it plays. I get the vibe the fighting has had a full shake up, plus the Kameo system adds another dimension. I wonder if that will be standard or just an extra mode. Good way of packing out favourite characters without having to have them as full playable roster characters.
  • I'm excited for this but it'll be sub £20 in no time and I'll jump in then.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Downloading MK11 again now, just to mess about with it.
  • Mega edition revealed.
    As far as game statues go it's a goodun. Made by Coarse who did the MKX Scorpion statue which I have and is nice.
    Bit too steep for me this time though. I remember thinking I was a tit for buying the MKX one. Plus I'm digital only and not sure how that plays out.

250 Americas.

Fwbnduma-YAAJIIX.jpg
  • Knollsy dlc is trending.

Maybe.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nick Knowles is a character in MK11? I'm in!
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Q&A with Ed Boon at 6pm today.
    On the YouTubes and the Twitchs.
  • That was pointless.
    They are bringing back some thing on socials with fan art, that's it.
  • Amazon Italy have apparently leaked the Kombat Pack 1 Kontent.

Homelander
    Omni Man
    Peacemaker
    Ermac
    Quan Chi
    Takeda

Then a bunch of skins, some for playable kharacters and some seemingly for Kameo characters.

Very happy to see Ermac back even if as DLC.
    Takeda was a shit character with a good move set so happy he is returning while likely not in the main story.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Had to Google half of those characters. Peacemaker could work.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I'm not fussed over Homelander or Omni Man but I think a lot of people will be hyped for them.
    Quan Chi and Ermac are fan faves.

It's a decent list imo.
    A lot depends on the default roster of course.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Mortal Kombat II: Arcade Edition is a neat little ROM hack of the 32X release of MKII, bringing it closer to the arcade version.

For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • First Gameplay trailer.
    edit: Age restricted because it gets really squishy at the end.

Looks insane. Graphically its gorgeous. The transition from character select to stage is really cool too.
    Kameos look a good addition. Combo breakers/extenders as assists basically. The throwback costumes on the kameos are particularly cool.

Overall the gameplay looks a bit more open than MK11, more combo opportunities available.

The stages look stunning, I love the bright and airy vibe after the dark oppression of the last two games. The OG MK is a surprisingly bright and sunny game.

Storylines seem interesting, the characters you know and love retold in a different way. When I was a kid a mate used to insist Scorpion and Sub Zero were brothers because they dressed the same and now he is finally right.

• I thought it looked abit choppy personally. Not keen on all that second man running in stuff.
  • Agree with the second character thing.  I've never been a fan of tag shit in vs fighters though.  

Well up for the story mode though.
  • Lots of footage and opinions out there since I last posted. There has been due to an online stress test. Plus an explainer video on Scorpion and Johnny Cage, Cage looking particularly unique. Didn't post much as didn't think many here were too fussed about the gameplay detail.

Overall it's looking good though. The Kameo system looks like it will really add some variation.

Other news Smoke and Rain were confirmed with both characters having something of a gameplay overhaul and Rain being more sorcerer than ninja now.

Cyrax and Sektor are in as Kameos.

Big news today is Homelander is now confirmed.
  • I was getting a bit so so about some of the recent characters but this trailer is great.
    Reptile looks brilliant and they have finally solved the human Vs jank lizard debate by making him a shape shifting hench lizard human.

Havik looks cool as well and we finally have some grubby looking stages to offset the gorgeous colourful ones. Top tier trailering.

• Mortal Kombaaaaaat!!!

Interesting the they have Dave Bautista in the advert.
    Dune 2 is a WB production and Glossu Raban would definitely fit as a guest character.
  • I like how they've inserted a CW level story into these games. It suits it.
    Is this the only 'edgy' 90s game series to still be going? Duke Nukem seems to be done. Can't really see a new Carmageddon game coming out anytime soon (even though I would love that). Kudos to the team for keeping it going, guts and all
  • Might see some come back as part of this boomer shooter wave.
  • I like how they've inserted a CW level story into these games. It suits it. Is this the only 'edgy' 90s game series to still be going? Duke Nukem seems to be done. Can't really see a new Carmageddon game coming out anytime soon (even though I would love that). Kudos to the team for keeping it going, guts and all

Doom
  • Full respect to Ed Boon for being a one franchise guy for all these years and keeping it going even with some duds.
    Its a rarity outside of Japan and something I cant really see being a thing when some of these guys start retiring.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!