Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You are amzing.
  • Love me now for one day I shall be no more.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Which day? I'll knock it out so you can live such beauty once more.
  • Dunno but likely a tuesday. Tuesdays are proper shit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll fucking have them Tuesday cunts.
  • What is it with racing games these days? It's all over the top American, brash music and some patronising cunt telling you you're amazing. And what's with the ability to rewind bullshit. I'd rather be told I'm a useless cunt than be in denial the whole time.

heh. Agree, to a point. Really enjoying Dirt 3, but could do with the VO and tunes chilling the fuck out. Could also do with longer rally sections. I do like the rewind thing as an option, but do wish that there was a few more menus and sub sections within Dirt 3 that allowed a bit more focus on one thing. I mentioned CM2.0 in another thread. Would love all the rally tracks in Dirt 3 just housed in a retro section of Dirt 3. No VO in menus, chill music, blue menu, white text, and all the rally tracks in order by country. Done.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Dont kill em, just teach em a lesson.
    edit: maybe shiv face too for getting in the way
  • Except I agree with Face's point. Maybe juz scare him.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    What is it with racing games these days? It's all over the top American, brash music and some patronising cunt telling you you're amazing. And what's with the ability to rewind bullshit. I'd rather be told I'm a useless cunt than be in denial the whole time.
    heh. Agree, to a point. Really enjoying Dirt 3, but could do with the VO and tunes chilling the fuck out. Could also do with longer rally sections. I do like the rewind thing as an option, but do wish that there was a few more menus and sub sections within Dirt 3 that allowed a bit more focus on one thing. I mentioned CM2.0 in another thread. Would love all the rally tracks in Dirt 3 just housed in a retro section of Dirt 3. No VO in menus, chill music, blue menu, white text, and all the rally tracks in order by country. Done.
    Spoiler:
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    What is it with racing games these days? It's all over the top American, brash music and some patronising cunt telling you you're amazing. And what's with the ability to rewind bullshit. I'd rather be told I'm a useless cunt than be in denial the whole time.

Get Forza 5 and do the rivals challenges we have set in the forza thread. That is pure racing.
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    Since that rant I have played Dark Souls again and fallen back in love with gaming. Tomb Raider is on going and fantastic. Bioshock Infinite is utter shit. Final Fantasy 8 is just pleasant, like reading a good book.

Yes Tombraider is pretty special. I'm enjoying it much more than the uncharted games, which seem to involve too much gunfighting for my liking. I gave up on Infinite after an hour or so, incredibly dull game that I still can't understand why it got such good reviews. Perhaps many magazines were hoodwinked by it or it came out after a long game drought? No wonder it was given away free on Playstation Plus.
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I loved it personally, but interestingly only on my second playthrough.

Maybe you weren't playing it on a hard enough difficulty? Might account for the boredom.
  • Hated Infinite with a passion. Don't understand the love for it at all. Pretty graphics but a very average FPS with horrendous AI and an over the top, just plain stupid story.
  • I enjoyed Infinite's main story, but the gameplay was definitely average FPS fare and there was an awful lot of padding.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Yet The Last of Us gets plaudits from all and sundry. I thought it was fairly generic with control/camera issues.

Strange world.
  • The difference being The Last of Us had an exceptional story and accomplished game mechanics for it's genre?
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    I loved it personally, but interestingly only on my second playthrough. Maybe you weren't playing it on a hard enough difficulty? Might account for the boredom.

Maybe, but I played Bioshock 1 and 2 on normal difficulty and loved those. I just found Rapture so much more enchanting and intriguing, but I'm not getting the same feeling from Infinite.
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • Killzone Shadowfall campaign: Far too dull/annoying/shrill toned to continue with. Might just wiki the plot - if I can be arsed. MP seems decent at least.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Facewon wrote:

Just play Sega Rally.

• Colin McCrae 2.0 4 Lyfe.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • KZ:Shadowfall All modes.

MP now joins SP. Some of the worst Lag + persistent Spawn camping + most importantly the horrible full screen blur GG decided to try and be clever by implementing = I cannot play another minute of this shit.

If I were Sony I'd cut the whole game design element of GG loose, and just kep the tech and artist guys. Massive disappointment all round. I'd always thought that maybe the last-gen hardware (and terrible writers) were holding GG back from greatness. Nope.

Oh, and I've just noticed a cheeky 'Not to be Sold separately' message on the game box. Goddamit, I can't even trade this bs in. Guess I''ll just have to wait to see if they patch that awful blurriness.
  • You can trade it at GAME, at least.
  • Yeah, Game tends to take both the Killzone and Knack bundle copies.
  • And CeX, don't think there's anywhere that actually cares about that.
  • Not sure it is even legal to limit re-sale in such a way.
  • I think it started as a way to stop shops selling bundle copies separately.
  • Yeah, "not to be sold separately" only applies to new retail, not second hand.

In Australia anyway, but we just pirated your laws.

Although retailers here often won't take multiple games of the same sort (think JSRF/Sega GT discs on xboxone)
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Oh, that's good. Saw a few copies of Mario Galaxy 2 in CEX last week. Will at least trade it off something cool.
  • Limbo. Glad I only paid a tiny amount for it. The visual style is nice but too sparse to make a whole game interesting. Mostly though, the puzzles are pretty weak. It's the sort of thing that would've seemed great on the Amiga 20+ years ago, but now it feels old.
  • Stick it to the man. 
    Terrible script and so annoying, looks unfinished, and plays terrible. At least in its first 20-30 minutes, but I don't want to put up with another single minute of it to find out if it gets any better. Good job it was free on PS Plus.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!