EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You're fucking broken.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • indigo wrote:
    Ni No Kuni

Ollie, Esther and that fucking vagrant that they consort with, surely the blandest cast of characters to ever grace a videogame? Sorry Drippy, you did your best but you can't carry this turgid nonsense all on your own.

Gameplay wise it's decent, but the battle system always felt clunky and (like the plot) the sidequests quickly became unbearably dull and pedestrian..... so 20hrs in, I feel like I've wrung as much enjoyment out of this one as I can. No happy ending for you this time Ollie boy, I hope Shadar makes you his biatch.

Extremely pretty game at times though. Loveliest world map I've ever seen,

I'm up for buying it off you if you want to get rid of it mate.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Digital version unfortunately, I'd give you it gratis oterwise.
  • Pity.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • indigo wrote:
    Ni No Kuni Ollie, Esther and that fucking vagrant that they consort with, surely the blandest cast of characters to ever grace a videogame? Sorry Drippy, you did your best but you can't carry this turgid nonsense all on your own. Gameplay wise it's decent, but the battle system always felt clunky and (like the plot) the sidequests quickly became unbearably dull and pedestrian..... so 20hrs in, I feel like I've wrung as much enjoyment out of this one as I can. No happy ending for you this time Ollie boy, I hope Shadar makes you his biatch. Extremely pretty game at times though. Loveliest world map I've ever seen,

Good yeah, what a turd of a purchase that was...
  • Pity.

Nah. It's a bit shit really, think of it as time saved, to spend doing something that's not shit.
  • I've just given up on any racing game ever made in the history of videogames. I've just seen footage from GT6 and Driveclub and I can't quite believe it. People are gonna go out and buy these games. 'Games' which haven't changed in any way apart from graphically since the first Gran Turismo. It's actually comical. How can gamers insist that this age old rip off cash in 'move thumb left and right and squeeze triggers a bit on corners' to have fun is quite beyond me. 

So many whine about innovation in CoD and FPS games in general, they should have a peek at the racing genre. Dear God it's staggering.

Fucking abysmal. The most depressing thing about games right now for me.

I'm fine now, carry on...
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    I've just given up on any racing game ever made in the history of videogames. I've just seen footage from GT6 and Driveclub and I can't quite believe it. People are gonna go out and buy these games. 'Games' which haven't changed in any way apart from graphically since the first Gran Turismo. It's actually comical. How can gamers insist that this age old rip off cash in 'move thumb left and right and squeeze triggers a bit on corners' to have fun is quite beyond me.  So many whine about innovation in CoD and FPS games in general, they should have a peek at the racing genre. Dear God it's staggering. Fucking abysmal. The most depressing thing about games right now for me. I'm fine now, carry on...

I'm getting hyped for Gran Turismo 7, due in 2078.
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • The trick is not to play every racing game that comes out. I'm looking forward to playing a decent arcade racer cos I haven't played one in a very long time. I live MK7 cos I haven't played Mario kart since on GBA. Etc etc.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Authentic racing games have absolutely nowhere to go. So the devs make a game every year that plays exactly like every other racing game released in the last ten years. 

This is really bothering me.
  • I haven't played a racing game this generation. I think my last one was Outrun 2.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Non-authentic racers are showing a bit more innovation at least - AI and physics in Motorstorm, open worldiness of BP, autolog etc. of HP, MP of Blur, dynamic courses of S/S... So there is some hope for the genre as a whole.

But yes, hard to yet know where Drivel yet fits on the spectrum, and GT = yawn.
  • Being a fan of authentic racers, I'm struggling to actually think of one that's been released recently. Forza and GT aren't authentic because half the tracks aren't even real locations, let alone actual racing circuits. Plus, the AI in them aren't even remotely realistic.

The last authentic racer I played is still Race 07 on PC. I'm interested in Project CARS, whenever it finally arrives, but I refuse to get involved in its dodgy playtesting scheme. I'll just wait for the console release.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I guess i was meaning authentic as simulation-style rather than arcade-style. Not quite sure what the right terminology is!
  • Burnoutburnoutburnout. I could really do with another classic Burnout, none of this open world shit. I've never really enjoyed sim racers but arcade racers are fun because they're exciting and new ones can be worth a get if track design and so on are new and different.
    I couldn't care less about a new GT, the handling was always boring to play anyway
  • I gave up on 'authentic' racers a while ago.  They look great and that's it.  Forza and GT are so fecking boring and the fact that I have to spend several hours tinkering with my set-up just to compete online isn't my thing.

PGR 4 was the last racer I played which I had tonnes of fun on.  Oh and Forza Horizon was good (although grated after a while).
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Dragons Dogma.

3rd attempt at giving it a chance. It might be the worst RPG I've ever played. Combat is horrific, it's just a free for all clusterfuck. All the NPCs talking at the same time babbling on.

Awful.
  • I have played about two minutes of that, based on a masturbatory huzzah around these parts when the spiritual successor was teased for PS4.  What a confused mess it was.
  • And I should point out, by 'played' I mean 'bought and played'.  Cunts.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I quite enjoyed shooting the odd cyclops in the peeper.
  • Assassins Creed 2. Was free to download, seemed ok to begin with but I have about 500GP's and I dont really seem to be doing anything other than jumping on roofs and crumby fights. So I think I'll put it away...
  • It's far better when you're just wandering around soaking the atmosphere and trying to climb everything and find all collectibles. Main missions are just lame.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    2 is the best in the series so far, imo. If that's any indication if you want to carry on with the others.
  • Not quite given up on but I can see myself ditching it soonish.
    Remember Me. My last game from Lovefilm rental.
    It's a master class in how to make a game that will fail in terms of sales.
    Firstly the visual production design is rather goddam lovely. The dichotomy of Parisian baroque melded with future architecture and hologram signs makes a genuinely interesting visual spectacle.
    But the game is boring and so full of video game cliches. 
    For instance the public space that has your goal, a bar, in a part of the map that only you and your super duper climbing vaulting skills can access it. Who the fuck would open a bar on a roof that you have to shimmy up four drain pipes and jump and dangle to several ledges to get to?

The combat takes the very best bits of Batman AA as inspiration then completely ignores the reasons they where so good to begin with.

It's a pity really as the story concept is rather interesting and had tonnes of potential.

Edit
    And the camera is shit.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Have to agree. Liked the story, setting, graphics and premise, but the combat really irritated me. Still finished it mind.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • God that was easily worst game of the year for me. Utterly dreadful.
  • That's it, can't do anymore.
    Such a shame.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Fire Emblem Awakening - Just not my cup of tea at all (I knew it wouldn't be but the praise was so high i thought it might sway me) - No idea how to play those kind of games.
  • danclarke wrote:
    Fire Emblem Awakening - Just not my cup of tea at all (I knew it wouldn't be but the praise was so high i thought it might sway me) - No idea how to play those kind of games.

Try Advance Wars if you havent done so. It is a bit more welcoming to the genre. Or you could try Valkyria Chronicles on PS3.

I started and gave up on Assassins Creed 3 tonight (psn+ edition). Spent the first hour holding up on the analog stick with the occasional button prompt. Then some redcoats decided I was to be executed for walking around town listening in. Since my ps3 harddrive is full, 12GB for AC3 had to impress otherwise it was getting the boot for Dragons Dogma.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Dark Souls.

Sue me. I picked it up again at a good price (€20 new) but I just cant get into it. It wasn't the difficulty, I just couldn't find the will to go back to it after a while. I found the same with Oblivion so maybe its the fantasy genre that I dont look. Always thought Hawk the slayer was rubbish but maybe I'll give Krull a try and discuss it later.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!