Just given up on...
  • Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends

Wow. The handling model falls apart extremely quickly once you hit the Grand Prix races in the Golden Era, with almost no turning from moving the analog stick, no matter how high I set the steering sensitivity.
    The number of starting cars/tracks for Quick Race is laughably tiny, too. Only unlocked by forcing yourself through the awful Career mode - something I will never do.

Uninstall imminent.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Dark Souls.
    You idiot.

Almost in tears from dying on the final enemy (the trident demon) in 8-1 of God Hand, Hard mode, no powers.  The worst thing about it is that that's the easy part, should just slip into the routine but was trying not to have a heart attack at the time.
  • You can do that shizzle dubs, I managed the trident dude - maybe not 8-1 (on normal mind) sans God Hand. I was comletely in the zone though, not managed to replicate it since.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Oh yeah, just given up on for today :)
    Took a while to get to that point as I'm taking the sword in with me, which means doing the first bit in a weird way.
    Key thing with that demon is getting Tiger Joe in a corner before you kill him, which I didn't do, because when the demon backdashes he often goes straight into the really fast and massively damaging grab.  Which he did.  Pressure got to me, tried to chase him down straight away, right into his hands.
    Should put the rest of Stage 4 up actually.
  • I've definitely given up on the single player of GTAV now. 20% in. I kept going because the heists and Trevor were supposed to be highlights, but neither were. Like most missions, the first heist involves following tedious instructions - go here, press this - apart from the escape at the end. And then the writing, which was already bad, just gets worse with Trevor. Just cringe inducing stuff.

Still playing the MP though.
  • Hitman Absolution. 17GB worth of PSN+ freebie which really doesnt click with me. AI seems a little too stubborn at times, and its obviously an acquired taste.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Nah, Absolution just isn't very good.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's a shoddy sequel. Goes hand in hand with Max Payne 3.
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    Bioshock infinite. Seems like bioshock only much less interesting story and even more dumbed down gameplay. Got three hours in before realising I was wasting my time. Why did Edge give it a 9?
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • The shooting is way better than the previous games. Nowhere near as floaty. And the setting and story are good, if not as much of an impact as the first game with its "look at me, I'm different" kinda attitude. Overall, a better game. I'd certainly replay it over the original.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I thought it was the biggest load of shit released this year. Totally overrated. A below average FPS dressed up in fancy graphics. Nothing made any sense. The whole premise was ridiculous.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Do you like anything chalice? ;)
  • Dark Souls, Trials, Halo, CoD and GTA for about a week. Yes. All the usual quality games I like . I'm even rather partial to the new Assassins Creed game. I don't like Bioshock Infinite because I think it is shit, and I stand by that. It was overhyped and incredibly average. The reviews it got were bewildering. Don't niggle me for being critical DS, it's what keeps forums like this alive mate. ;)
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    I thought it was the biggest load of shit released this year. Totally overrated. A below average FPS dressed up in fancy graphics. Nothing made any sense. The whole premise was ridiculous.

Totally agree!
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Dark Souls, Trials, Halo, CoD and GTA for about a week. Yes. All the usual quality games I like . I'm even rather partial to the new Assassins Creed game. I don't like Bioshock Infinite because I think it is shit, and I stand by that. It was overhyped and incredibly average. The reviews it got were bewildering. Don't niggle me for being critical DS, it's what keeps forums like this alive mate. ;)

TRIALS LOVE MAH MAN <3
  • Lost Planet 3

It had so much potential, but it's all wasted on poorly-designed boss battles (honestly, one of them was quite possibly the worst boss fight I've ever encountered), boring and drawn-out shooting galleries and it's all wrapped up in a mess of glitches, juddering framerates and poor aiming controls.
  • Super Hexagon
    I really can't understand why everyone was going on about it.
  • But it's not, the controls are over sensitive and the music gets repetitive really quickly.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    What are you playing it on?  I imagine it's a better toilet game than e.g. on PC.
  • Middle ground: a 7" tablet.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    XCOM. I love the game and it was a hard decision to give up but I've got to a point where I'm replaying missions numerous times because of problems with saving - mostly that I forget to do it, why is there no autosave?! But also a couple of difficulty spikes have wiped out almost my entire team and starting afresh is brutal.

I might go back to it at some point but I've got a massive pile of games I'm trying to get through before going next gen and this one is holding me back at the moment.
  • AJ wrote:
    But it's not, the controls are over sensitive and the music gets repetitive really quickly.

The controls are sensitive, but you can program your muscles/fingers to compensate. It's all about your reaction speed and getting through the different patterns, recognising one from another. Gets you in the zone once you get going. Simple but amazing.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Sensitive? You touch the screen and the triangle moves immediately, digital innit.
    I do find it much easier on a 360 controller though.
  • Perhaps sensitive was the wrong word for it. No matter how much I play, the bloody arrow keeps overshooting where I want it to go.
  • It's bastard hard but very finely tuned. And I somewhat agree on the music, although the way it's made is to reward you with new bars of the tune the longer you survive, although that's obviously nails.

The reasons critics like it and I agree, is the tightness and purity of design. There's one mechanic only that is deep, rewards mastery and is available form the second you start playing, for me that's refreshing in a world of padding and fetch quests.
  • Ah, fair enough. I don't (often?) like games that use difficulty as a core thing from the off, so I guess it's not for me.
  • There's no shallow end, which I think is too its credit, but I can fully understand it not clicking with a lot of folk.

For me it's all about seeing that the tube is two minutes away and seeing if I can have one mega-spin before it comes.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Contrast

What an underwhelming intro to the "next gen". Current gen in its ambition, and worse than that in its achievement, the worst thing is its brokenness. A physics engine that gets you caught on things you can't see. Shadows, its key gameplay element, flickering and inconsistent. Textures with amateurish seams. Voice acting that I could better.

But it's an indie game, so maybe I should forgive. But then I dropped a crucial crate into the ether, and it never reappeared. And the most recent save was a whileiback. And I just have no desire to repeat what I'd done or see what came after (despite being right at the end).

Thank god it was short and free.

The only positives were some of the art and characterisation, occasional bits of music, and an inventive mechsnic. But overall, a [meh] out of ten.
  • The problem is it's not a next gen game. It's a current gen game (which is presumably identical on 360/PS3) rushed out to meet the PS4 launch, perhaps just so they could have some indie presence. It probably would've been a better game if it had been kept to the current gen and given more time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!