Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Highlight last night was Webbo and Sparkly taunting a zombie while I hacked his arms off. He then proceeded to try and headbutt us. So I took a leg from him as well.
  • Would like to play with you guys who are into this, maybe it would be good to get gamertags in the OP? I'm MM nickfullspec anyway.

I don't fire guns, and only use knuckle dusters where possible. The drop in drop out seems to work really well, no idea how it's tracking who's quests get completed right now though.
  • I'm planning on grabbing it at the end of July, don't everyone flake on me 'k?

• D'oh! Forgot your DMC today.

I'll set a reminder for tonight - how about getting this with the money you've saved though - well worth 15 clams.
  • That's actually a smart idea, I'll get it ordered at lunch. I don't have any clams though.
  • Sweet, I look forward to many zombie-related chuckles.
  • Ordered via Amazon, hurrah.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nick wrote:
    Would like to play with you guys who are into this, maybe it would be good to get gamertags in the OP? I'm MM nickfullspec anyway. I don't fire guns, and only use knuckle dusters where possible. The drop in drop out seems to work really well, no idea how it's tracking who's quests get completed right now though.

Lol just linked your Gamertag to your Forum name. I saw you come on last night but it didn't twig you'd posted in this thread. 

I'll fire over an invite next time. I do wonder if you join a game that has quests you havent done but others have. Can the others redo them or are they gone until you go back to SP? 

PERM!!
  • Shweet, looking forward to it.

I'm really taken aback at how much my jaded attitude to games was shaken back into enthusiasm by this. There was a moment in the prologue that got the adrenaline rushing..
    Spoiler:

Then suddenly I'm in this georgeous looking island with complete freedom to move around. I see a guy who looks just like my rapper dude (ok that was werid, him being the same character model), and realise he's a co-opper. No lobbies, no announcements, we're just playing together right away. We're both scrabbling around for weapons, one of us is usually unarmed at most points during the half an hour or so we play, so we rely on each other, letting the armed one enter and clear each hut.

He ignores a dead woman on a bed who'd set up a kinky camera and red lights in her bedroom, as he enters the bathroom she stirs and as he turns round to exit the building he sees me crouched on the bed pounding her face in with my fists. Round the next corner the swimming pool is full of blood.

I'm loving it.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sparkly violated the kinky camera lady.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I think that it tracks the quests of the host so if Sparky is hosting and you jump into his game and complete quests when you next start your own game you will be at your original game save story wise but will still have the weapons, items etc that you have gathered through your co-op play.

At least this is how I remember it though I might be wrong, everybody always joined my game so my story was always correct though people that joined me told me that this was the case.

I am glad that you are enjoying it, I found it to be a brilliant co-op game. It was brilliant when newcomers joined you and you let them take on the zombies to earn XP and then jump in to offer a helping hand by chopping off limbs etc.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Actually on second thoughts I think I might have got that wrong! I think I asked the same question at the time but I can't remember what the answer was, I know that people that have done missions can redo them with people that haven't, I think...

...I haven't been much help have I?
  • Tempy you're gonna get a kick out of this as a L4D head. Co op fun times, woo.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Reminded me of Borderlands, but more betterer.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Sparkly violated the kinky camera lady.
    How very dare you! It was Webbins doing the teabagging, I was the one in the corner having a wank.

It definately has a Borderlands vibe, what with the skill tree, random loot drops and scaling enemies. 

On the [3], I never give a flying fuck what score a game gets, if it's my kind of thing I'll play it. What is a little sad is that a lot of people will look at a very low score like that and expect the game disc to set their console on fire if they try it out.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Reminded me of Borderlands, but more betterer.

You shush your mouth
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So mine arrived while I wasn't home and now I have to wait till Saturday for redelivery YA BOO HISS
  • What's goin' on in 'ere then? 

Should I buy this?
  • pabloamigo wrote:
    What's goin' on in 'ere then?  Should I buy this?

Yep and I've just got my copy and i haven't even played it yet !
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • It's shit I haven't played it of course but I heard it got a 3
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I like this more and more. Great fun, brilliant on co-op. Liking the thug battles, I wonder if it throws multiple ones at you later on...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Those Thugs aren't too bad once you snap both of their arms with a big fucking hammer.
  • Those Thugs aren't too bad once you snap both of their arms with a big fucking hammer.

You just keep enjoying this Mr Sparky, no need to worry about your Trials time at all, no siree...

Also, you guys are serious tempting me with this, although I never seem to be around at the same time for co-op. What are the randoms like in this for co-op, can they mess your game up or do they tend to be ok?
  • pabloamigo wrote:
    What's goin' on in 'ere then? 

Should I buy this?

The last time we played co op was Reach, get involved man this is great.
  • hmm, might take a look at prices today then.
  • pabloamigo wrote:
    hmm, might take a look at prices today then.

£15 at shopto for the game of the year edition.  

Played it last night for an hour and I enjoyed it , the melee Is brutal - smashing skulls with a iron pipe or cutting heading heads off with a cleaver . Not played around with modding weapons but ideas good . 

Hopefully it doesn't get repetitive , wouldn't mind some co-op tonight  of anyone fancies it ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nick wrote:
    pabloamigo wrote:
    What's goin' on in 'ere then?  Should I buy this?
    The last time we played co op was Reach, get involved man this is great.

I looked to invite you last night, but you were on some silly fighting game.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    pabloamigo wrote:
    hmm, might take a look at prices today then.
      £15 at shopto for the game of the year edition.   Played it last night for an hour and I enjoyed it , the melee Is brutal - smashing skulls with a iron pipe or cutting heading heads off with a cleaver . Not played around with modding weapons but ideas good .  Hopefully it doesn't get repetitive , wouldn't mind some co-op tonight  of anyone fancies it ?

Sold out at shopto for now it seems. Might go with Amazon.

What's Dead Island Riptide all about then?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!