Dead Island
  • Mine has been despatched. Tbh, I don't know if I have any intention of playing it! :(
  • I think I might get it on the Steam Summer Sale providing the price is right.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • I.e. Next to nothing.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I decided to pick this up with the forum wave. I always fancied it but I never got around to it.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Ordered it on Amazon. 

It's out of stock. 

Badgers.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I might have got the last one!
  • No one wants to play on  the PS3. I am nae pals in naples..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • <shakes fist at Subbax>
  • Woohoo! Just been added to the order. All items will be waiting for me at work when I get back next Wednesday.
  • Co-op was so broken when I played with Reg and Temple of Doom.

I will give it another crack with you Coopers or whoever else though. The main annoying thing was doing the same side quests over and over with no explanation of who's game we were in.
  • GOTY edition is £15 in Tescos.
  • I'll do a sealed 360 version for £12 incl. postage. Send me a PM if you're interested.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Me and Webbo progressed into the next Act last night.  It's paced brilliantly, we were just starting to get a tad bored of sand and sunshine and it's thrown some new enemy types in to mix things up. 

Finding rushing mobs of zombies a but trickier to contend with as well, but the game continues to offer up new weapons and mods to deal with them. 

Still been running fine, the only major glitch I've seen is getting stuck on stairs. That only lasts a minute it so, and hasn't happened once this week. 

Loving the achievements, they've done a great job with them.
  • Nick wrote:
    Co-op was so broken when I played with Reg and Temple of Doom. I will give it another crack with you Coopers or whoever else though. The main annoying thing was doing the same side quests over and over with no explanation of who's game we were in.

I think y'all need to sort out the co-op stuff more carefully. When I hosted and played with three others, we never had a repeat of the same missions as I always hosted and used my save.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I have three handguns but I'm not tempted to use them, decapitating zeds with one fell swoop of a leccy machete never gets old.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Me and Webbo progressed into the next Act last night.  It's paced brilliantly, we were just starting to get a tad bored of sand and sunshine and it's thrown some new enemy types in to mix things up. 

Finding rushing mobs of zombies a but trickier to contend with as well, but the game continues to offer up new weapons and mods to deal with them. 

Still been running fine, the only major glitch I've seen is getting stuck on stairs. That only lasts a minute it so, and hasn't happened once this week. 

Loving the achievements, they've done a great job with them.

Was good, the area we've unlocked adds a new dimension to the resort.

No glitches at my end either, I'm inclined to think they may be prompted by co-op connections.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've just come home to find this on the table. I'm installing now and will be bashing heads in in no time. I've got a couple of cans of Thatchers and some wasabi peas so I'm in for the long haul.

Is there a character that no-one seems to pick? I'm tempted by bashing but I'll even out any groups that are around.

Edit - Who the fuck is Ryder?
  • Subbax wrote:
    I've got a couple of cans of Thatchers and some wasabi peas so I'm in for the long haul.

QUOTE OT THE WEEK.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    I have three handguns but I'm not tempted to use them, decapitating zeds with one fell swoop of a leccy machete never gets old.
    I loved using my sick stick on them and then finishing off with the fucking great big electrified hammer I had!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Webbins and Frantic have left me for dead. :(
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nah, if we join your save it'll mean you've missed nowt. We only played a few nights. 

Back on tomorrow.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't think I've missed anything major have I? I'll be up for just ploughing on from where you're at now, it will save you having to repeat missions and whatnot.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Im easy either way mate. Don't mind replaying stuff.
  • I still think this is shit.

I'll dig out the Edge review when I get home; can one of you then explain if the broken bits they moaned about have really been fixed?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Half the broken bits they moan about are bullshit. 

I'm sorry, but if I'm trekking about an island doing quests I want stuff to kill. Not empty because I've killed everything. Every single enemy at bases in Far Cry 2 respawned eventually. Why not in this?

Hit detection is fine. Quests are absolutely no different to most other games.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Half the broken bits they moan about are bullshit. 

I'm sorry, but if I'm trekking about an island doing quests I want stuff to kill. Not empty because I've killed everything. Every single enemy at bases in Far Cry 2 respawned eventually. Why not in this?

Hit detection is fine. Quests are absolutely no different to most other games.

I don't really care enough about either game but there WAS a reason in Far Cry. If that was a real military dictatorship, it does seem likely that they would redeploy soldiers to the base, does it not?
    Whereas on Dead Island seems like only a finite number of guests.

Granted that reasoning looks ridiculous if live mowed through 10,000 of them, but hey, video games.
    I'm not really that fussed about either game but though I'd try to justify it.

Also,

D34D 1574ND
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh, but it was like 5 minutes later. 

Anyway, yeh videogames.

I like this one. I don't care if it makes no sense, it keeps giving me limbs to sever.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Using the analogue control to launch attacks is one of the most satisfying things in a game ever when it all goes to plan!
  • I don't think I've missed anything major have I? I'll be up for just ploughing on from where you're at now, it will save you having to repeat missions and whatnot.
    We can carry on from yours, Sparky lad. I don't think it would take us that long to crack through to where we are. Frantic and I got a touch of the OCD and were ticking off side quests that really didn't add much, maybe the odd weapon mod.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm assuming you'd level up pretty rapid from the extra XP the higher level zombies will give you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!