Work - The pros and the cons...
  • I already have a PS5, so grab a Series X for me before you jump ship like a rat.
  • I don't have a ps5. Maybe ace will get bored at work, play lots of poker, and then after I clean him our of his cash we can finally play for his ps5
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I am happy to five 5ps to both of you, if I get a job
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Got a "thanks; we won't reply to all applicants" email so yeah going well so far
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    "Any questions for us, Mr. muzz? "Yeah what freebies would I get?"

I have a pal who works for Sony Playstation UK. He gets all first party PS titles as freebies, plus mega discounts on Sony stuff in general (He got me a top end Bravia TV for about half price).

Good perks basically.
  • Probation passed!

£3000 budget to buy a new PC as well!
  • Brilliant news! Congratulations mate :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Thanks man.
    Huge relief. Now I can start the process of mortgages and moving because apparently I want a stress induced heart attack.
  • Congrats Liv. Just grab a second-hand laptop and shift some of that budget over to your new house deposit. Nobody will ever know.
  • Nice. Hopefully you get some nicer neighbours.
  • Haha. 
    The current lot arent too bad but you never know when another prick is going to show up.
  • Brilliant news congratulations, and 3 grand'll get you something halfway decent too
  • A whole graphics card!
  • That’s wonderful news liv. Congratulations.
  • Cheers gents.

Luckily I dont need a super GPU for what I do, my current 1080TI is fine.
    Money is getting dropped on a CPU and RAM though. Thinking its going to be 128gb of RAM minimum.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Well in LivDiv
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Probation passed!

£3000 budget to buy a new PC as well!

Congratulations mate. Let's play sum PC games togeva

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Liv would you like to adopt a 37yo manchild, I make very good cheese toasties.

Congrats bro.
  • Haha 
    No PC gaming for me, 8 hours sat at this desk is enough thanks. I play games only if I can be horizontal doing it.

The cheese toasties are extemely tempting. If you had asked on Friday I would have accepted as I had a mad craving for one.
  • I PC game on the TV. Get yerself a long HDMI cable and a controller. Like a console, but way better.

And congrats! Yaaaay mortgage!
  • Cheers!

Might consider when I move. At the moment my office is the opposite end of the (long) flat to the TV. Probably looking at a 15-20 metre HDMI cable. Tried Steam link once when they were like £4 but it always seemed a bit janky.
  • I use a Steam Link. Once you get used to its quirks it works well. My PC is in the office upstairs.
  • Are doctors surgeries required to maintain a defibrillator they keep on site? To ensure it is serviced?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Nothing back from PlayStation so we made need to veto them henceforth
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Are doctors surgeries required to maintain a defibrillator they keep on site? To ensure it is serviced?

I'm sure there are people more qualified to answer this than me but it seems no, however, Resuscitation Council UK guidelines say they should have one available for immediate use (I guess this could include one being available close nearby).
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The reason I ask is that we had a young girl at our school (who has a heart condition) start feeling very unwell during swimming. We got the defibrillator from the GP next door, in case it was required. Her heartbeat was irregular and she was not in a great way, I hear.

Shortly after, two doctors came and demanded it back. Wouldn't let us keep it with us, despite the girl being very unwell and waiting for an ambulance (which still hadn't come after 90 minutes, btw). They made the point of saying they weren't asking, they were telling us to give it back, as it wasn't suitable. Despite it having paediatric written on it.

I just wondered if they had panicked due to it not being in the right condition, because it seems mental to take it off us. If they are required to have one on site, I can perhaps understand some of the reasoning, but as we were literally next door and had an unwell child who was waiting for an ambulance, you would think we could have kept it with us...
  • Was the child under 9? Isn't there something that it should only be used on children if there is no pulse at all?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Are doctors surgeries required to maintain a defibrillator they keep on site? To ensure it is serviced?

As ERE said they are supposed to have one available on site for immediate use - it's a requirement for CQC.  Having said that, I've taken ours off site numerous times because it was needed in the community, and I can't imagine CQC spitting their dummy out if it was actually being used to potentially save someone's life.  But yeah, technically it's supposed to stay in the surgery at all times - it's certainly very unusual to lend it out and not, you know, have a doctor stay with it until they're happy the person in question isn't going to die.
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Was the child under 9? Isn't there something that it should only be used on children if there is no pulse at all?

Most modern defibs can be used on children down to about 1, as long as you're using the right pads and know where to put them. Equally modern defibs of the sort that tend to be in community settings (from GP surgeries to shopping centres) tend to be of the sort that won't deliver a shock unless it's actually necessary - that is it only gives a shock if it detects an abnormal heart rhythm that could potentially be shocked back into a regular pulse. (If the heart's really not beating at all, the defib won't do anything, which is why it's important to still give CPR.)
  • Good to get the lowdown. Thanks.

I'm simply staggered they didn't even offer to come and check on the girl. The ambulance simply never came in the end, by the way. 3 hours we waited.
  • I hope she's ok?
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!