Work - The pros and the cons...
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    There's a term that people use to describe a particular interview technique.  It's about taking the question and then making it into a relevant story to show that you've understood the question. Anyone know what it's called? I'm sure it's an acronym.

I've always heard that described as a 'competency based interview'.
  • If you make the customer service advisor a WFH ting I will satisfy your customers daily

Think the H in WFH means your home, bud, not the customers.

I cackled. Not laughed. Cackled.
  • Cos wrote:
    Muzzy projecting as usual. Defo a billy no mates at MS.

Yeah, 10/10 Muzzy is the office creep.

"I don't understand cinty, all I did is rinse them at the lockdown funtime poker for 2 years and tell them how my daughters were on track to make the 2032 olympics when they complained their kids won't stop hassling them for Frosties and sunny D"

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Narrator: muzzy played poker some of gonz's irl mates and they all came him a cnut
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Cos wrote:
    Muzzy projecting as usual. Defo a billy no mates at MS.

Yeah, 10/10 Muzzy is the office creep.

"I don't understand cinty, all I did is rinse them at the lockdown funtime poker for 2 years and tell them how my daughters were on track to make the 2032 olympics when they complained their kids won't stop hassling them for Frosties and sunny D, all the while being unable to take my eyes off said colleagues' full heads of hair"

Edited for extra hurts

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oof
  • Just did a proper pants bit of a training course for some teachers. Oh well. It's really hard to do over Zoom.

Not really the time for it, tbh.

Oh well.
  • You showed up Tigro. That makes it better than no training at all, straight away.
  • Aye. Would be nice to smash it though as it would be a nice extra bit of cash each year. I did a solid job with the trainee teachers before Xmas but that was a 3 hour live session. This was 1 hour over Zoom and far bloody harder to do.

It's hard to do jokes over Zoom and I need to do those to show off my magnetic personality. :(
  • Company is proposing permanent work from home.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My best mate is work from home going forward and I envy that. Just not possible in my job I guess.
  • We’ve gone for permanent hybrid working. Only opening the studio Tue–Thu, everyone works from home Mon & Fri. Right now we’re still all at home full time though.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That’s our plan too. Or, that’s what we’re planning to test out.

I’ll be pleased for the opportunity for post-work beers again.
  • My whole company is WFH, always has been.
    There are challenges but the day to day ease makes up for it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    We're all WFH atm, but msft plan looks to be encouraging 3+ days in (but no pressure for more than that if not desired), once things are safer.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I hate working from home. I see it as an imposition. But that's me.

It's living at work.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    We're permenantly going hybrid. I spend most of my time dealing with an international sales team so I don't get much value from being at the office and I have a night owl chronotype so being able to roll out of bed as close to my start time as possible is great, but I'm starting to climb up the walls a bit after two years now.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Might be different if you were able to see someone who isn't a frog.
  • We are WFH here and the CEO the other day made a statement that hybrid model works, he is more concerned about the output rather than the method so if people are happy to WFH and it works then there is no need to change it.

Very much like this approach
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I'm brushing up my CV this evening as I'm going to apply for the Inspector role at work, it's a big step up from my current role and would be a challenge but I feel like I'm up for it.
    Fingers crossed!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK wrote:
    I hate working from home. I see it as an imposition. But that's me.

It's living at work.

My wife feels the same. Its handy avoiding travel and all that but she both misses the interaction with others (remember for a lot of people , your adult friends are found in work) but what really bugs her is that her workplace is a corner of our bedroom.

We have a spare room that we could convert to an office but she likes to keep that free for people staying over (to be fair, her mum is over a lot more now since my father in law passed away) so it's how it will be for the next while.

Everyone to their own, I was only thinking the other day how much I miss the bustle and life of pre covid. I know some of you probably hated it (hey wooks!) But I loved the vibrancy of it all. Modern life under covid is a bit rubbish for me.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Bustle is great, just not when I'm working.
  • I'm brushing up my CV this evening as I'm going to apply for the Inspector role at work, it's a big step up from my current role and would be a challenge but I feel like I'm up for it.
    Fingers crossed!

Best of luck with this one, Wooks.

You could always threaten to kick their asses or arrest them if they don’t give you serious consideration. You kept your warrant badge, right?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    As much as I hate WFH, I see the benefits of hybrid. We have had hybrid working in place for years and it works great. It all depends on ones circumstances and demeanour. I prefer to have work and home completely separate as much as is feasibly possible. But that's me. I'm happy to work from home occasionally but this current perm at home is driving me nuts.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    I'm brushing up my CV this evening as I'm going to apply for the Inspector role at work, it's a big step up from my current role and would be a challenge but I feel like I'm up for it. Fingers crossed!
    Best of luck with this one, Wooks. You could always threaten to kick their asses or arrest them if they don’t give you serious consideration. You kept your warrant badge, right?

Thanks mate. And no, I did not keep my warrant badge.
    I also wouldn't want to kick arse as I really like the people I work with and for. I'm in a very lucky position to love my job
  • If I never have to sit on a train, in traffic or have to be around members of the public again I'll be very happy.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    If I never have to sit on a train, in traffic or have to be around members of the public again I'll be very happy.

That's the kicker. I live 2 miles from work. So I'm spoilt that way.

The big bonus is not having to commute - real quality of life impact there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!