Not smoking or like modern coal
  • And most smokers will go through that in a couple of days easy, so your looking at what, more than £2,500 a year to smoke?
    He's a pack-a-day smoker so he's closer to 5K a year.
  • I caught something somewhere earlier this week about giving up smoking. Apparently one of the things people subconsciously miss when they give up smoking is that focus on the breath when having a smoke. If you learn some mediative breathing techniques and employ them when you feel the urge for a cig that can help reduce the cravings.

Never really thought about that before and realise I miss inhaling as a pleasure thing. It's a powerful thing, that association. Primal almost. Amma going to look into meditation because I'm currently a fat bastard.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yoga classes are the way to sort that right out and you get pretty good at balancing thrown in to the mix too.  Highly recommend.
  • I thought I'd give CBD vape oil a go this week, seeing as it's all the rage in one form or another. I wasn't expecting much but it has a very calming effect, somewhere between cheap hash and (um) something like a Nightol tablet maybe.

Maybe it's all in my head (due to the fact that the one I got tastes like smoming weed with a menthol filter), but it gets a pretty big thumbs up from me.
  • Rocket league helped me quit smoking.

For years I tried to quit, sometimes I'd last a week, 2 weeks, a couple of months but the same thing always tempted me back to fags. Beer. Always beer.

Since I was 18 a beer always went hand in hand with a fag even when I didn't smoke full time. I would go weeks and months without smoking but when I had a beer I'd light a fag. In my 20s I'd get through a box of 20 plus on a night out but wouldn't dream of lighting up again until I was out on the pop again. Eventually after maybe a decade of this it got regular and I started smoking properly only around 10ish a day but still the habit was there and it was strong.

So onto my trying to quit days we go and beer and smoking was the one habit / link I just couldn't break.

I didn't ever drink at home because it wasn't something I enjoyed doing alone or without a cigarette. I didn't drink often but when trying to quit i'd find myself making an excuse to have a beer so I could have a smoke.

So this is where Rocket League came in. I needed to get used to drinking without having the urge to smoke but I couldn't just sit at home and drink, I didn't enjoy doing that however the short games of RL were exciting and the beer tasted great in between rounds. Couple of pints down and the game had taken my mind off smoking. Incredible really. I'd try and have a couple of bottles and a game once or twice a week and after a month it felt natural.

The first big test was on a night out drinking with the lads. It took a little bit of discipline on the night but the craving was beaten and the battle felt like it'd been won already. All I needed to do was not act like a prat and think I could do what I did in my twenties and social smoke.

Its been almost 3 years since I quit and It never really crosses my mind to smoke in any situation now.

I guess there's weird and wonderful ways for everyone to quit but this is how I did it so maybe it'll inspire someone else to think out side the box and find their own way. Cold Turkey Rocket League.
  • I find cbd pretty good. It gives a tiny micro hit that is more like nicotine than anything else I’ve found
  • Does anyone want a roughly year old vape kit?  Was well reviewed and I think our resident pro vaper (@yossarian) uses one.  I can't get on with it, the 'straight to lung' approach makes me cough like a Player's Navy Cut never would.  

It's not been used much, 200 pulls maybe?  I'm not much of a vaper.  Disclaimer: it 'pops' if it's not been fired up for a while.  After that it's fine, but I don't know if I'm using the wrong coils, not assembling it right or something needs replacing/cleaning (or if it's just slightly fucked - it's done it since I bought it though).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-Dustproof-Shockproof-Electronic-Cigarette/dp/B07SKFMCMK/ref=sr_1_8?crid=CUDRAE1HUQW0&keywords=aegis+vape&qid=1657526154&sprefix=eagis+vape+,aps,61&sr=8-8

Comes with extra coils which I was told were the right ones.  Boxed with all the bits, vgc. 

FTAGH.  I just bought a cheap one and I'm much happier with that.
  • No probs, chuck me a PM and I'll send it later this week.
  • This is the one I got recently.  The weird camo one, unfortunately:

geekvape-ap2-vape-kit-inhale_mobile.jpg

It's decent.
  • Does it also store antiperspirant and trim your beard
  • Can you use it to exit The Matrix.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Can you use it to exit The Matrix.

Obviously not, you need a hard line.
  • There was a chav in the shop yesterday berating the till man for not selling disposable type vapes that break the nicotine potency laws.
    Absolute fucking state. Bottle of Yellow Tail, not enough clothes and lips out of a syringe.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!