Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Cheers cocko.
  • Anyone on the ball with relatively cheap mobile phones? My dad’s after upgrading his shit one, looking at Samsung a22 which looks ok to me but wondering if any badgers have any expertise, my finger’s well off the pulse.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I have used Xiaomi and Huawei phones for years, great specs, great battery life and usually very well made.
    Also significantly cheaper than Samsungs
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    In my experience, Huawei phones are slightly more prone to weird software bugs than other Android phones. We’ve had a couple of instances of the G app crashing on Huawei phones specifically and not others, I’ve never seen that with any other Android phone brands.
  • Maybe but I've been using a Huawei phone for the 18months and had nothing in terms of crashes or glitches that I would consider noteworthy
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Loved Huawei til Google was blocked from them. Haven't tried them since but lack of Google services could make life difficult.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Anyone on the ball with relatively cheap mobile phones? My dad’s after upgrading his shit one, looking at Samsung a22 which looks ok to me but wondering if any badgers have any expertise, my finger’s well off the pulse.

What's his budget?
  • If the A22 is a natural continuation of the series and I can compare it to my Son's A20E, then, if your Dad is happy waiting for things to load and looking at spinning wheels it will do everything ok.  The A20E is fine but slow at everything really.

x
  • Cheers folks, he’s gone and bought the a22 anyway. Don’t know why he bothered asking!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Haha.

We bought my dad a new mobile three years ago. Free calls, tons of data. My sis is still paying the contract monthly but he's only turned it on once, under duress. He's still using the old one he dropped in a canal and fished out with a net after two days of trying (and regularly topping up pay as you go credit for that and his laptop internet dongle).
  • My Missus is using a 5 year old, cracked Xperia XZ1 Compact, with cracked glass and screen burn.

I bought her a Pixel 4a for Xmas.  It remains in a drawer, completely untouched.

ffs

x
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm responsible for my wife's phone upgrades to. I just do the migration for her or it would probably be the same situation.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Haha. We bought my dad a new mobile three years ago. Free calls, tons of data. My sis is still paying the contract monthly but he's only turned it on once, under duress. He's still using the old one he dropped in a canal and fished out with a net after two days of trying (and regularly topping up pay as you go credit for that and his laptop internet dongle).

I lost one of those keyring torches in a carpark, didn't realise until I got home, and then went back to search for it at dusk for almost half an hour. Already had a few more in a cupboard.

It's not the money, it's the wondering; could I have found it quite easily had I tried...
  • I lost my wedding ring in the sea precisely one year after I went swimming with (and lost) my old phone. Same part of the same beach. I didn't bother looking for either.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'd have told you to get in the sea.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Is the 60GB PS3 three last console to play all PS games natively from disk?? Just wondering as I've a box full of games I'd love to play again without having to pay for them online
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Launch PS3 could play native PS1, 2 and 3 games, yes. But only that first model afaik.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yup. Which is also the model which YLODed most often, alas.
  • Mine is still going.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Mine ain't :-(
  • Mine is too, although it did need a reapplication of thermal paste a few years back.
  • Ahhh, the days of PS3 first gen. Pretty certain my wifi didn’t really work on that so I only turned it on for the big boy franchises and then sat there for half a day as it downloaded one update after another before then installing one update after another very very slowly. Worst console I’ve ever owned but man, that slim was an absolute revelation.
  • Hi All

I could do with some help with something and its for work so no fucking aboot.

I need put a neon sign in a room thats arcade theme. I want to put a big sign in the corner as if it had been taken off the front of an arcade in Tokyo.
    Something like these either the white central part or the signs on the right...
    Mpy7NwTToCVvD7oYNZ6Ptd-1200-80.jpg

What I need is an authentic translation in kanji for something like "arcade" or "game centre". Like I say no fucking about as this will be massive, Ill be back translating to be sure.

@regmcfly this feels like your territory.
  • Probably a good call to ask Brooks as well.
  • Cheers
    @Brooks

Any help welcome
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Specifically kanji, or would katakana do?  Cos that'll still look funky, and might be how this shizzle looked natively.
  • I know a girl who studied the language and now lives over there. I could ask her, although there is a small chance she might deliberately give the wrong answer. Maybe I will wait to see if someone else can help first

edit- probably more likely she just ignores me. I will ask anyway
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Specifically kanji, or would katakana do?  Cos that'll still look funky, and might be how this shizzle looked natively.
    Either is fine. Just want it to look authentic.
    Its for a brochure rather than a client so it doesn't need to be super specific or anything but would be pretty embarrassing if wrong or said "tit wank".

@noxy, that would be much appreciated if you can. Offer her some kisses.
  • What if it said "Tory Scum"?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!