Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Everybody should have a psychedelic experience once in their lives. I think people have the idea that it's just a visual thing and you can look at stuff but it's not really, it's a change in consciousness which more allows you to see things in a way you've never seen them before and think about things in a way that wouldn't otherwise be possible. It's a fantastic experience but you need to do it somewhere you feel safe and where you won't be interrupted, because you won't be able to deal with any real world issues in that state.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve done a fair few psychedelics in my time, generally I find the visual side of things to be a bit overrated. There are visual effects, but nothing particularly solid, not for me at least.

The thing that gave me proper hallucinations was a combination of weed and MDMA. That caused me to genuinely see things that weren’t there.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Games for Xbox?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Come on mate, this is "weird stuff" not totes made up nonsense.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I have only taken funny stuff once in my life. Ate a tray bake in Amsterdam in the 90s. One hour later I felt I was in Pepperland.

Everything looked normal but i was walking on a trampoline and everyone i looked at morphed into someone i knew. Even though I laughed until my face hurt I didn't enjoy it I have to say. I prefer what a proper alcohol chilled out post meal red wine / brandy/ whiskey bake gives me.

Maybe if I smoked it would be better. But I don't.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I still say cannabis was better in the late 80’s than it is now. Black was just hilarious. Used to give me the proper titters after a smoke, actually crying with laughter at everything for a good 30 minutes. This cheese and haze bush stuff just makes me want to veg and tastes like shit. Very disappointed.
    PSN - minkymu
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I’ve done a fair few psychedelics in my time, generally I find the visual side of things to be a bit overrated. There are visual effects, but nothing particularly solid, not for me at least.

Theres a photo of me at Glastonbury in about '97/98 floating on a barrel in the middle of a mud lake, laughing my tits off. The mud lake, to me, was a whirling vortex and I was convinced I was going to be sucked into the earth never to be seen again.

Fuck knows why I was laughing.
  • None of this sounds appealing
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    None of this sounds appealing

• Did my share of psychedelics, reckon those days are past me now but I doubt I'd say no if offered. Never done acid and it's on the bucket list, but yeah as I get older I reckon the window for experimenting is closing.

Craziest experience was tripping on salvia, short and intense. Done shrooms plenty and I've always known that whatever I was experiencing was due to the shrooms, but on salvia I had a complete altered reality, transported to an alternate world full of melting things, sinister faces in the sky laughing, my body melding into the environment. I had no idea why I was in this place, had no recollection of taking anything, in my mind this was my reality and I was there for life, no escape. It was crazy and I was pranging out. Then, just as fast as it started, I snapped out of it and I was back sat on the sofa, my two mates stood over me asking what it was like. Whole thing lasted about 30 seconds.

Did salvia a couple more times, you only trip balls if you do a big bong of it. If you smoke it in a joint you just get the weird floppy melty feel. Strap a fat bowl though and it's bye bye reality, see you in a bit. The woman in the shop warned us about it when we bought it, likened it to DMT for the intensity. No idea how accurate that is, but it's the most intense thing I've done. Comes on instantly, total disassociation, altered reality, lasts for a minute tops then bang, you're back.
  • Something I would never touch is datura:

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The vortex incident was on day 3 of trying to find acid, giving up and then mentioning it in passing to some lads from Swansea we were chatting to who shrugged and said "Yeh we have loads if you want some". My mate spent the whole of Radiohead lay in the mud giggling at a crocodile someone had sculpted in it.

Probably a better experience tbh.

Fun times but wouldn't even dream of it these days. Best left as memories.
  • I will echo Kow in that every trip I've done, even if bad at the time, has been cathartic and left an impression on me after. Kinda like a rollercoaster, you may shit it at points but afterwards you feel invigorated. Shrooms especially, although taking too many shrooms isn't pleasant at times.
  • I like Joe. And his take on the Nimitz stuff is similar to meeeee
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Huzzah I fixed it
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Half an hour? Yeesh. I managed two minutes.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Half an hour? Yeesh. I managed two minutes.
    He is strange. and the opening..bit is shit..but watch the vid. its a decent summary of the events
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I won’t be spending half an hour of my life on that, I’m afraid.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I won’t be spending half an hour of my life on that, I’m afraid.

Joe is really good. Skip the start where he talks about being young. It's to illustrate that he once believed in all sorts of outlandish things, but now is a skeptic. 

Actually talking about the UFO stuff starts at 4 minutes.
  • I won’t be spending half an hour of my life on that, I’m afraid.
    Joe is really good. Skip the start where he talks about being young. It's to illustrate that he once believed in all sorts of outlandish things, but now is a skeptic.  Actually talking about the UFO stuff starts at 4 minutes.
    He is definitely an acquired taste, but he is really good at clear explanations. THe view he winds up at is pretty much the same as my current thinking on the subject.
  • So all this talk of psychedelics. Who here has done them and did you experience anything fucked up?

Oh god yes. I have so much to say about this that it’s quite hard to find an entry point. But so as to avoid this turning into a much longer post than it will inevitably be, i will try to jump straight to describing my most nightmarish experience, which I may or may not have typed up before.  

So anyway, trip report no. 1: my DMT nightmare

This happened about 4 years ago. At the time i was smoking on a weekly basis, although most of the time i wasn’t aiming for a breakthrough dose (where time and space just evaporates into impossible abstract thoughts and shapes). However, it was a beautifully sunny day, the first really good one of the year iirc, and i decided this time i wanted to jump in the deep end, so i packed my pipe and blanket and headed out to Gorlitzer Park for a smoke. 

The park was full of people, and i perched myself down on one of the peripheral hills for a decent viewpoint. I loaded my pipe, and began to puff away at it. Despite having countless trips under my belt already, i was unusually confident. I say unusually, because normally when i smoke i’m nervous as fuck, and have to really gather my composure to push myself to go deeper, but on this day it all seemed to happen so easily,without any lingering fear or anxiety over what might happen. 

I smoked and smoked, and it wasn’t long before the hallucinations began. First, what appeared to be some sort of giant alien spaceship thing moved  across the sky, shining a beam of green light down into the center of my view, and from there two parallel lines shot out horizontally, tearing open a portal. Above and below this panoramic portal the park remained largely the same, but inside the portal seemed to be some sort of twisted alternative reality, with apocalyptic scenery that stretched to the horizon. This landscape was populated entirely by clones of the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. Her face and curves were unrealistically perfect. I remember she was wearing cut-off jeans and a little white crop top. Her hair was blonde, tied back and, weirdly, her skin was sort of blue. 

Anyway these clones- and there were hundreds of them- were having some sort of giant orgy. Some of them were also riding weird abstract neon exercise bikes at the same time. They were licking each other’s bodies and sucking each others’ nipples and sometimes they would turn to wink at me invitingly. I really couldn’t believe what i was seeing, as somehow it all looked even more real than reality. And then i pondered to myself, is this actually real? 

At the exact moment i had this thought, the girls read it from within my mind, and burst into fits of laughter. ‘Wait, you really think girls like us, looking like this, winking at you, are real?!’. They continued to mock me sarcastically amongst themselves for my fleeting optimism. ‘Yea sure, there’s just an army of perfect clones riding neon bikes and having an orgy, and they want you to join in!’. At this point they are laughing so hard they were almost crying.

I also found it pretty funny too, when they put it like that. Real or not though, i definitely wanted more of what i was seeing and feeling, so i began loading another pipe to take a few more hits. Suddenly the girls stopped laughing, and their expressions became quite serious. ‘No no no, you’ve had enough’ they said while shaking their fingers in disapproval. But I ignored them, and instead tried to cram even more changa into the pipe. I raised it to my lips and began to puff away. My mood at this point was as high as it has ever been.

After a good few lengthy tokes, held in extra long to gain maximum effects, i finally exhaled the last of it, eagerly awaiting what might happen next.

But then nothing happened. Or at least not what i was expecting. The girls disappeared, and so did the portal. The park returned to its normal state, albeit completely silent. All the people who had been sitting about the grass on blankets, talking in small groups of friends stopped what they were doing and turned to face me, staring. 

As i looked around i noticed the grass changing shape. Each individual blade began to morph into a tiny little hand, with the middle finger raised. Everywhere i looked these middle fingers appeared. From the branches on the trees to the leaves; it was all giving me the finger. At one point there were even self-erecting road signs springing forth from the ground, again displaying the middle finger. Then came the voice in my head. ‘You were warned to stop. You didn’t. Now you will be punished’ it said. ‘We can keep you here forever if we want. Forever. Dont fuck around with this stuff; you don’t know what you’re getting into’.

At this point i was understandably freaked out. Everyone in the park is still staring at me in silence. Then i hear a tiny squeaky voice coming from somewhere near my feet. It’s the blades of grass talking to me, ‘say you’re sorry’, they say in unison. ‘Say you’re sorry’ they keep repeating. Suddenly everyone in the park joins the chanting. ‘say you’re sorry, say you’re sorry’. Some people have started clapping above their heads to the rhythm. ‘Say you’re sorry, say you’re sorry’. 

Naturally i start apologising. ‘Louder we can’t hear you!’ says a guy who has materialised beside me. I start saying sorry louder, channeling all my concentration to locate the most sincere apology from within my brain. Still it’s not enough for the people nor the talking grass/trees. ‘It’s still not loud enough, say you’re sorry, we still can’t hear you’. At this point i’m actually crying, shouting out sorry louder and louder and louder, with my face buried in the ground. 

I don't know how long this continued but it felt like an eternity, until suddenly i was back in reality. i have never been so relieved in my life. I glanced down at my pipe, and a woman sitting nearby shot me a look that turned my stomach, making me question whether i really was back in reality at all. I decided to leave my pipe and rest of my dmt exactly where it was, and left the park immediately. I’m still not sure whether i was actually calling out sorry in a park full of people. It must have seemed weird as fuck if so.

Since that day I cut my smoking right back. Maybe just once or twice per year, and even then if I get any weird signals from my surroundings I stop immediately. Still, I wouldn't change a thing about the experience I had, as it somehow left no residual trauma.
  • So all this talk of psychedelics. Who here has done them and did you experience anything fucked up?

First, what appeared to be some sort of giant alien spaceship thing moved  across the sky, shining a beam of green light down into the center of my view, and from there two parallel lines shot out horizontally, tearing open a portal. Above and below this panoramic portal the park remained largely the same, but inside the portal seemed to be some sort of twisted alternative reality, with apocalyptic scenery that stretched to the horizon. .

Shoulda told the Gorlitzer Gazette, that'd be yet another confirmed sighting :)

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I should add that normally it's nothing like that. Most of my deep dives are more beautiful, but a lot less terrifying. I don't want to put people off, because it's really great thing to experience. My last really good DMT trip saw a giant pirate ship just as you see in fairground rides descend from the sky, and then thousands of little rubber naked people poured down from above and bounced off from the deck as it swayed back and forth; their little jelly limbs flailing and wobbling as they scattered around the forest. It was like one of those physics simulations that have recently become popular, only much more realistic. I really don't know how brains can do this stuff. 

These days mushrooms are my preferred psychedelic. Again I like the deep end of it all when not taking for therapeutic purposes (of which there are many. really it's been incredible for my depression), so 6-10g, depending on the strain. It's almost always a nightmare at some point, but at the same time a profoundly beautiful. Some months ago during a particularly intense trip I became convinced I needed to count every atom in the universe to escape it, and only then would I be granted the release of death. I became quite distraught at the thought of how I could ever hope to give an accurate answer. I tried to imagine how I could even count the atoms in a drop of water, and even that seemed impossible, and so I tried to keep myself focussed, and not get disheartened at the thought of how, after doing a single drop of water, I would move onto the oceans, and the sun, and all the other stars etc etc. All I knew is that I had infinite time to find one. My girlfriend- bless her trip sitting skills- helped me to locate a pad and paper so I could begin taking notes. And all this took place against a backdrop of some kaleidoscopic circus, where my vision would involuntarily zoom in on a flaming skull, which then opens it's mouth and a conveyor belt emerges carrying little robot dinosaurs shooting lasers from their eyes, who then jump off and disappear into some abstract, Escher-like labyrinth of impossible neon shapes. 

Until I experienced it for myself, I would have argued with anyone who suggested that something like that- particularly the visual side- could be brought about with mushrooms, but it really can. It will never reach DMT levels of madness, but it has its own character and can be almost as awe-inspiring. you just need a high enough dose. Sometimes I almost feel like I'm going to fall into a coma at the sight of what I'm witnessing as I strain my brain to commit a snapshot of how it all looks to memory. Of course, it helps a lot if you have a good strain to begin with, grown in the right conditions. There's a substantial portion of people into this stuff who will have you believe that all cubensis are the same, but there isn't a shred of doubt in my mind that this is total balls. 

For anyone interested in trying for themselves, I strongly recommend keeping an emergency escape option, that being speed or coke (really not my thing at all. hate the stuff).  A line of this will kill the psilocybin dead in less than 5 minutes. I haven't needed to make use of this option for a long time, but it's certainly good to know it's there.

Anyway, I suppose this might all sound incredibly self-destructive, and I think with any other drug it absolutely would be. But I've never had anything resembling a hangover from this. On the contrary, I often feel myself carrying a newfound energy for the weeks that follow. I strongly recommend it.
  • Heh they were great reads. Seems very Monty Python like! No sign of machine elves then?? :D
    The blue-skinned people are similar to a race of aliens described in many encounters.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    So that’s what all those people meant by anal probes.
  • I think I have seen what many people describe as the machine elves. For me it seems as though trips often fall into 1 of about 7 difference presets, each with their own visual style. The portal based   example I outlined above was something of an exception in that it didn't conform to the aesthetics of mood of my previous experiences, which quite often feature these weird little striped bouncing balls with faces, which then split open allowing more of them hop out. They're really hard to describe, but they definitely have a mischievousness to them. 

I don't find this guy's style of artwork pleasing on the eye at all, perhaps because the beauty of the subject matter he is trying to replicate is beyond human capacity,  but he somehow does a fucking good job of capturing the general gist of the environment in which these smiley ball things emerge.  

HOLOGLYPHIAN_NOLOGO_Web.png?format=2500w

lkP5BsR.png
  • It’s a surreal feeling when you stumble upon so accurate a representation of a place you visited in your mind. You just have to take my word for it that it’s just like that, only somehow actually nice to look at.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!