Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • Noxy, I recommend you play Spinch at some point.

Link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/794240/Spinch/
  • Fuck that.
    I'm glad you have enjoyed it but that sounds like nightmare fuel to me. No thanks.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • That was to Noxys stories by the way, not the Steam recommendation
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I feel like you’re cutting yourself off from a lot more than just another cuisine, it’s more like refusing to ever leave the country because some people were mugged while on holiday.
  • It’s like swearing off all gyms and exercise because you work at babestation and one trainer at one gym made you jump up and down a lot.
  • All fair points and all taken on board.
    Perhaps I could word it better.
    I'm apprehensive, I don't like the feeling of being out of control to the point that I avoid getting drunk beyond mildly tipsy.
    I have always avoided anything "mind altering" and although I will admit curiosity I also know that the idea of hallucinations scares the shit out of me.
  • I think I have seen what many people describe as the machine elves. For me it seems as though trips often fall into 1 of about 7 difference presets, each with their own visual style. The portal based   example I outlined above was something of an exception in that it didn't conform to the aesthetics of mood of my previous experiences, which quite often feature these weird little striped bouncing balls with faces, which then split open allowing more of them hop out. They're really hard to describe, but they definitely have a mischievousness to them. 

I don't find this guy's style of artwork pleasing on the eye at all, perhaps because the beauty of the subject matter he is trying to replicate is beyond human capacity,  but he somehow does a fucking good job of capturing the general gist of the environment in which these smiley ball things emerge.  

HOLOGLYPHIAN_NOLOGO_Web.png?format=2500w

lkP5BsR.png

Those are very similar to what I saw when I had that salvia trip, smiling kinda sinister faces in the sky, my peripheral vision, kinda grimacing in a "we've got you now haha" way. Had no idea I'd taken anything was the scariest part, just thought that was my reality now and forever. Snapped out of it as soon as it started.
  • Well yes. Mushrooms are horrible and I won't go anywhere near them,magic or otherwise lol.

I suppose if it could be done in a very safe and controlled way and I could have some sort of way of controlling the intensity or the getting out if needed then it would be foolish of me to completely rule it out.

Im just very very wary
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I mean, worst comes to worst* the chances are you’ll have a shitty time for a bit and then come down and feel divorced from the whole experience because it didn’t take place in your day to day reality. Even a shit experience is more like a bad dream than anything else.

* There is of course a small risk that psychedelics can bring out serious mental health conditions such as psychosis or schizophrenia in those who are susceptible to them. If you have any personal or family history of such diseases, stay well clear.
  • Where can I get some of this DMT?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Berlin.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Where can I get some of this DMT?

All good cycling stores.
  • The Ames Window, fun optical illusion

Apparently works better on video than in person.
  • Ok i’ve just read up on machine elves. And wtf. That sounds madness, like some kind of dimensional shift, and to have Amazonian tribes describing the same beings is mental. ** edit 70 odd percent of research trips had some sort of encounter with a dimensional being.

They are always welcoming and friendly, trying to teach you things

Makes me want to try it.

The psychologist Jennifer A Lyke of Stockton University categorized the nature of interactions with DMT entities in a compiled sample of 149 trip reports from Erowid. Of these 149 reports, she found 180 total entity experiences were reported, and 75% of the reports included a description of at least 1 entity.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Another study

Indeed, of the thousand pages of notes taken throughout the course of Strassman’s research, 50% of them involve interactions with DMT entities. Similarly, Philip Mayer collected and analyzed 340 DMT trip reports in 2005. Mayer found that 66% of them (226) referenced independently-existing entities that interact in an intelligent and intentional manner.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Why have i never heard of this?

PSN - minkymu
  • nick_md wrote:
    Something I would never touch is datura:

This was brilliant.  

I’m from New Hampshire but I awoke in Maine.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ah, it's Jimson Weed. I've heard of that.
  • Jimson Weed? Didn’t he used to post here?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The BBC's 13 minutes to the moon podcast has been mentioned a few times in here. For those like me who thought it was great and listened to it when it first came out, you might not be aware that there was a second season released last year. I'm about to dive into it now.
  • WAS THERE?! Omg!
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    He is strange.

No, he’s just a twat.

I made the mistake of writing my responses to the video as it played, and then got to part 2 which (partly) addressed some of the issues.

I’ll post it below, but please take on board that I wasn’t aware he would address some of the issues.

Spoiler:

The tl,dr is that, in order to give any credence whatsoever to the non-sceptical side of the argument, you have to mischaracterise the evidence. I am baffled as to how anyone could watch that video, find it reflects their viewpoint, and yet still entertain the majority of non- (or less-?) sceptical stuff I’ve seen posted in this thread.

Sorry you are talking about the Joe video right? The one where he agrees with Mick west, and says he can't really trust the pilots? That he remains skeptical and some really airtight proof is needed?

That video is just a dude's reaction to seeing the same things we did, he isn't claiming anything to be 100% factual. The assertions you mention are him just laying out the story as presented from the Fravour camp etc. Yet he goes on to question the veracity of the pilots etc, he doesn't know their motivations. Relax, he is on your side.

And yeah his view broadly aligns with mine. I don't instantly dismiss the eyewitness accounts of experienced pilots and the various other bits and pieces of info (I can't be sure they are being truthful) and I see the points Mick west is making. I totally agree the chances of it being alien are miniscule and we have no real proof of those events.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Wish Noxy, I just can't imagine hallucinating like that. That time I got spiked with something, yeah the wall seemed to be slick with oil, shapes moving behind it and something.ess speaking to me but...it was sorta still grounded in reality. I knew where I was. That stuff you describe is just so out there. What is your thinking of what you have seen? Is it just all from within your mind?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Wish Noxy, I just can't imagine hallucinating like that. That time I got spiked with something, yeah the wall seemed to be slick with oil, shapes moving behind it and something.ess speaking to me but...it was sorta still grounded in reality. I knew where I was. That stuff you describe is just so out there. What is your thinking of what you have seen? Is it just all from within your mind?

If it is from within the mind there are a lot of people, including Amazon tribes who have very little if any contact with machines or the outside world, who all describe similar beings. The one tribe were like oh those are the little people we go to for knowledge. I mean wtf.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Wish Noxy, I just can't imagine hallucinating like that. That time I got spiked with something, yeah the wall seemed to be slick with oil, shapes moving behind it and something.ess speaking to me but...it was sorta still grounded in reality. I knew where I was. That stuff you describe is just so out there. What is your thinking of what you have seen? Is it just all from within your mind?
    If it is from within the mind there are a lot of people, including Amazon tribes who have very little if any contact with machines or the outside world, who all describe similar beings. The one tribe were like oh those are the little people we go to for knowledge. I mean wtf.

That stuff is really interesting. I could ramble about this shit all day in terms of additional dimensions of consciousness and reality.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I like the idea that psychedelics could maybe make us aware of things that exist all around us but which are outside of our usual perception (aren’t there supposed to be 11 dimensions or something?), but the evidence of a link between those visions is weak and likely explainable by human psychology. We are programmed to recognise people, it’s hard-wired into us, it’s not surprising that our brains would resolve visions into being people. I mean, we look at the front of cars and see faces.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!