Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I was really tempted to buy it. If it hadn't been for the wife being with me I would have succumbed. It was utterly delicious.
  • Has anyone tasted the Ardbeg Corryvreckan?  I know I've been banging on about wanting this or the Galileo for a while, but they had it in store a couple of weeks ago and I got as far as putting my glasses on especially to stare up at it.  Was £68ish, so could be a payday treat.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Bought a bottle of Galileo a few weeks ago. When it arrived the seal was damaged so have sent it back. they picked it up today.
  • Full tasting notes when it arrives please.  With added hullo there's.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Opened up a bottle of Glenlivet 12 tonight that I got from a customer at Christmas. Never had it before, but I'm very impressed. Really smooth, fresh and a nutty finish.

Might have another.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I had a miniature of the Glenlivet 15 at the weekend. Also impressed with it after never having tried any Glenlivet before.
  • Went cheaper and got a bottle of Buffalo Trace.
  • Bagged a bottle of Old Pulteney from the Asda earlier. £23 at the moment, I think it goes for £30+ usually so consider it a deal.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    You will have to let me know how that is. Have heard very good things about the 21 year old.
  • Well it's the twelve year old, so whatever I score it, add nine.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm not going to get the 21, but my experience with the yamazaki makes me think that if one of the older ones is really good then the younger ones from that distillery are also decent.
  • You will have to let me know how that is. Have heard very good things about the 21 year old.

I've had the 17yr old, which won a load of awards a few years ago. Its pretty incredible. The OP12 is lovely too though, very sharp and reminiscent of Oban with some salty notes.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I went for the 21 a while ago. Orchard-y. Decent, but not my favourite.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    On the Aberlour 16 tonight. Its very nice, and very similar to the yamazaki 12, but I think I prefer the yamazaki. I will probably change my mind by the end of the glass though.
  • Buying some more Booky tonight, has been too long now.
  • It's been a while since I posted on this thread but I've been in something of a whisky binge over the last few months. The Uigedail and A'bunadh have been polished off and my collection is growing again. Here's a few of the drams I've been enjoying recently: 

Springbank 10
    Yamazaki 12
    Talisker 10
    BenRiach Curiositas
    Ardbeg 10
    Nikka from the Barrel
    Royal Lochnagar

My mate has also given me 12 samples from his collection which I'm slowly working my way through. Among them is a Rosebank 21 year old. Some amazing flavours and I'm currently imbibing a Springbank 10 - my latest purchase - which is excellent. Also looking forward to trying the Amrut Fusion from India. Heard mixed reviews but I'll be giving it a swirl later this week.
  • Bottles of Glenfiddich 12 year old are £20 a pop in t'Asda at the mo. Handy it would be to uncork one if you're planning on wading through the Next Gen thread. Naturally I couldn't resist. They had Aberlour for £18, Singleton for £23...
  • Had a single measure of Lagavulin 16yr to end my night in the pub.  £4.20, which is a bit steep considering I've got half of a 70cl bottle at home plus a 20cl bottle I bought for £11, but I don't regret it.  Once of my favourites for sure.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Might be worth popping to a tesco tonight. I've just been in and they had a lot of whisky on offer. Glenlivet 18 for £43 which doesn't sound to bad. I picked up a dalwhinnie 15 for £25, never tried it before but its worth a go at that price I reckon. Not sure if its just my local one but thought I'd let those of you that might want to know, know.
  • Might be worth popping to a tesco tonight. I've just been in and they had a lot of whisky on offer. Glenlivet 18 for £43 which doesn't sound to bad. I picked up a dalwhinnie 15 for £25, never tried it before but its worth a go at that price I reckon. Not sure if its just my local one but thought I'd let those of you that might want to know, know.

whisky shop on green park going to picadilly circus has it for £38
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I'm thinking Springbank this month any recommendations on which?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Might be worth popping to a tesco tonight. I've just been in and they had a lot of whisky on offer. Glenlivet 18 for £43 which doesn't sound to bad. I picked up a dalwhinnie 15 for £25, never tried it before but its worth a go at that price I reckon. Not sure if its just my local one but thought I'd let those of you that might want to know, know.
    whisky shop on green park going to picadilly circus has it for £38

Would cost me twice that in train fair unfortunately.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    There's an Isle of Jura in the co-op. 23quid. 13quid off. Can't stop thinking about it.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Everyone seems to love the Jura except me. I feel like I'm missing something. I've only tried the 10yr old mind, but I've had the same bottle for two years, and there's a good session left in it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I wasn't overly impressed with the 2 juras I've had either.
  • Aberlour 10 yr is £18 in Asda, get that instead. Nothing wrong with the standard Jura, and that is £20 in the Asda should you wish.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I haven't drank any since 2005.

I liked it then though my tastes have changed. Plus it's only about 20quid.
  • I'm not going to get the 21, but my experience with the yamazaki makes me think that if one of the older ones is really good then the younger ones from that distillery are also decent.

Have you had a go on the hibiki 17? It's a bit cheaper than the yamazaki 18, and I'll wager there's not much to separate the two.

Anyone tried nikka from the barrel? Heard some very good things about that.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Moose had some. I'd like some when I can afford it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    No, not tried the hibiki. Unfortunately they didn't have an open bottle in the shop last time I went in.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!