General Bear Knuckle
  • Have one and I like it a lot (Hori Fight Commander) 

Nice D-Pad, 6 face buttons plus shoulder buttons and you can map the buttons a little bit so that you can use the shoulders as combination buttons (My sfV set up is the usual front face buttons and L1 is V-trigger, and L2 is V-skill)

Only thing I dislike is that its wired which feels so clunky nowadays.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah was looking at that, along with the Madcatz, Razer and Nintendo offerings. Might see if I can get one of the CMD Pros on Amazon.
  • I have the Fight Commander too and can confirm it's great.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I’m still using my MadCatz 360 fight pad! It’s almost disintegrated now and d/pad is a bit borked. But still using it. Doesn’t work on PS5 (yet) so I need to find a replacement. Was thinking of Razer Raion or something but I can’t see that it’s guaranteed to work on PS5.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah was looking at too Elf, says here it does work for PS5.
  • Cheers. That’s a good price! I thought I read somewhere that it works on PS5 woth PS5 games, but not (necessarily) with PS4 games such as SFV. Might be worth a look. Let me know if you do get it or what you end up getting and what you think etc.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Hi folks, looking for some advice on a fightpad for PC - Have had the urge recently to revisits my glory days on SSFIV. Churs!

I just checked mine today and its in good nick - so do you want it? I dont use it enough and its likely going to just sit in a drawer as my gaming is nearly on xbox and switch. Free to you if you cover the delivery cost (I'm in Ireland)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Hey dude sorry just saw this now, Missus has actually got me one for my birthday. Thank you for the offer though, very kid of you! Cheers :)
  • No bother sir, hope you enjoy it. I find it a great pad, just don't use it enough anymore.

So if anyone else wants it, drop me a message.
    SFV - reddave360
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Are many people still playing this? Tried to set up on PC recently, after seeing Curtis around on Steam.

I reinstalled (60GB!!!), tried to setup, but it's not reading my joypads as expected. Was taking ages to figure out what to do. Will probably have to install that joypad to keyboard mapper utility, and set up with that.

But wtf?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Also... EVO! Completely slipped my mind this year.

I think it's a series of online tournaments this year, with a live venue grand final in the winter.
  • Are many people still playing this?

Which game is “this”?
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    My bad. SFV.

I truly believed I wrote down the name of the game. ~.~
  • Ah.  Yes, with 2 or 3 friends who picked it up earlier in the year.  I's still rubbish at it.  Played a fair bit with Rouj on release, then dabbld a bit when Sagat was released, and now again.  Still don't know a lot of the match-ups.  Still think it's not great.

What's your fighter ID?  I think I still have you added as a favourite.
  • I'm pretty much bound to check out Oro when he lands, but that will literally be just me fucking around in training mode for a couple hours and then deleting.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    What's your fighter ID?  I think I still have you added as a favourite.

I honestly don't remember. X'D

But I'll put an hour into trying to set back up again at some point today, and let you know.

SFV was a brick for me, but I'll try to give it another go.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Rouj and I exhausted our evens in its first year. A pattern that repeated when I did him dirty with Ivy in Soulcalibur VI. THEY DICKED CERVANTES

No winners that time on Takeshi's Castle.
  • Ivy was dirty and cheap. Even in SC2 which is the one I played the most.
  • Rinsed SC2 back in the day, lots of people playing it at sega QA during breaks, great times. Was some proper sick players but I held my own. Ivy was indeed a monster in that. Never really played any other SC games beyond the odd match.

I still play 3s sometimes, mostly on fightcade now with a mate of my brother who has a pretty decent Hugo. I've got it on PS4 too via anniversary ed, but if anyone wants to FC it sometime (imagine it's more convenient due to... price) let me know.
  • Haven't played sfv much in the last year due to trying to keep my gaming confined to xbox (exception being slay in a tablet and fm21 on the laptop). I think it got quite strong at the end although I never mastered the v reversal skill to be good with it. The later characters were very good fun and I preferred the more solid feel to it over 4s more loose vibe. I get why it got shit on, but I would still happily fire it up for casual play. Ranked sucked for me as much to seemingly random net code and me just being well past my prime.

Edit: my fightman feed is pretty much sor4 and killer instinct at the moment. If anyone ever fancies a couple of games of KI , I'd be happy to oblige. Also have the sf collection on xbox but never gone online with it
    SFV - reddave360
  • Will also VF5 on PS if anyone ever fancies it. I'm a notch above scrub but that's about it. Always viewed VF as the best, most technical 3d fighter.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Still think it's not great. What's your fighter ID?  I think I still have you added as a favourite.

That took ages. Had to find a joypad/keyboard mapper and wait on a 30GB download. 

I'm on there as 'DynamiteReady'. I'm in two minds about updating everything to get all the characters.

nick_md wrote:
    Will also VF5 on PS if anyone ever fancies it. I'm a notch above scrub but that's about it. Always viewed VF as the best, most technical 3d fighter.

I'd always respected VF, but I know I'm shit at it.
  • So far they have really fucked with my boy and I do not think I care for it.

- Can't do second jump of the double below headheight, nor does turn around if you cross them up
    - Can't seem to cancel first hit of his launching MP, only second
    - Chicken combo now seems to be a two-hit MP launch > MK or HK chicken > MP > chicken... and that's it, no third mp to combo anything off, won't connect. It's his d/u charge special only. Timing seems easier to execute, but to what end, bah
    - Range on s.HK is shit, can't connect after launcher; ditto c.HP
    - Backdash too slow

More grumbles to come I don't doubt.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Rinsed SC2 back in the day

Probably my favorite of all time alongside SFIV. Good memories of that from the Arcades in Dublin. Seems like a different life altogether now...

• I can't hate on this but I suspect landing the opening heavy clean is not easy.
  • Landing heavies clean in SFV is easier than most SF games, as it shares the strength priority system with 3S.

A heavy will beat clean (and cause a crush counter) any lower strength button it trades with.

SFV neutral is all about spamming relatively safe heavies, especially if you have VT stocked to make it even safer.
  • Lol, that rules.
  • What's more a pity is that Akira's launcher seems to be all style over substance, and her other options are generally better.
  • If anyone is up for some Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown, myself and Kneecap will be starting a lobby in a couple of minutes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!