General Bear Knuckle
  • Although if I was to put more time into another fighter, I'd play GG Strive.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I want to buy it, but £55 on Steam is steep.
    And with fighters these days, it's really £55 + x * seasons. 

To commit to one game is actually a £100 purchase.

I'm keen on KoF, because they do try out some interesting ideas with the new characters, and the early reviews are solid. 
    Strive looks great though...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • No doubt it will be on a sale soon.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Strive looks great though...

I was actually quite impressed by its beta, but I didn't have Rouj's previous GG experience. I can tell certain elements are way more basic, though. I criticise the Tekkens for it, but as dumbed down as they're getting, I realise they're still overwhelming for newcomers.

There's talk of a more involved training mode for Tekken 8, but I think stripping it back would be equally effective. Ditch bound/screw and rage and bump damage back up.

When I got into it properly it was naturally easier to acclimatise to. You start adding systems to help weaker players and end up increasing their choice confusion! There's tons of choice already from large movesets. Soulcalibur IV and Street Fighter IV balanced accessibility and depth really well.

I haven't played any fightmen for a couple of years, but when I finally get my fibre connection soon I'll dip back in.
  • I've been beavering away at this 3S with a few google sheets to help manage the channel. 

These may be useful as the channel is a little unwieldy:

Channel Back Up Sheet - probably easier to search this than YT for anything specific to the channel.
    Player Database
    Master Sheet - where I started cataloguing after arcades made the move from direct DLs to failed YT alternatives like zoome and for several years settled on Nico Video. Although these days they're on YT now. 
    I'm in the process of cataloguing Power Stick Ofuna which closed several years ago with the blessing of the Necro player Ikeyama, where Power Stick was his local hangout.

I've another little project I've been saving up for and hope to get off the ground this year too, but nothing to show just yet.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Brooks is on Fightcade, and I think one or two others here.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Still not feeling any of the new stuff, @TheShend?
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Also, the Capcom Cup finals are on, if anyone's interested. They seem to be doing regional finals online first, a bit like the exhibitions Covid forced last year. But I'm guessing the plan is to fly each of the regional winners to the States for a top 16.
  • Escape wrote:
    Brooks is on Fightcade, and I think one or two others here.

I'm on fightcade and anniversary ed PS4 for 3S funtimes.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    anniversary ed PS4

Bought that to play with Rouj, but his Q taunted and turned!

I imagine we were maining something else at the time and never got round to it. We've only the brainspace for one fightman at a time these days, and I can fall back into the Namcos like old slippers.

Gonna laugh if Street Fighter VI still has bananas-n-fries hair. Then come on here and moan.
  • SF VI is likely getting announced in five hours and ten minutes.

They need to make sure they get the launch right.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    https://www.capcom-games.com/countdown/

I've more respect for what they did with the first Street Fighter IV in hindsight, especially Viper, but lost enthusiasm as they dragged it out. I didn't like V from the start, so never had that problem with it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Announced a far-off announcement. Great. Golf handclap.

• I hope Capcom manage to not do any of the things that completely fucked SFV from launch. Genuinely.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Well that was the most pointless thing I’ve ever seen in my life.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Lack of platforms is making me think this is a Sony moneyhat. Shame, I was considering making one of my occasional attempts to get into a SF with this.

This was also announced

Which is multiplat at least, and which features rollback net code which I believe is important.
  • I kindof like sf5 more than sf4. Don't really have a decent pad to play it atm but 5 has improved massively since its 2015 debut. Not sure how they can improve on the formula. Add ground fighting? Actual 3d-sidesteps? everybody walljumping? Simplified controls?

Guess we'll find out later this year.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I'll probably grab that in a sale. Darkstalkers games are great fun and I've always wanted to give red earth a go.
    SFV - reddave360
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Another attempt at a photorealistic art direction for SF6 was the last thing I expected or wanted.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Well that was the most pointless thing I’ve ever seen in my life.

You get a good look at Ryu's tiddler, so it wasn't entirely pointless
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    17s in, tiddler fans
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I hope Capcom manage to not do any of the things that completely fucked SFV from launch. Genuinely.

What, Birdie?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    By the way, do we have people here with stick-modding knowledge and experience?

I’ve got a stick, plus a Brook universal board, and I could really do with finally putting them together, but it’s pretty damn confusing.

I probably need to order more bits (I got the board with headers), but it would be good to know what from people who have done this before.
  • I'm in if it comes to Xbox, but fuck me I despise that logo. Does not fit at all.

Also, no Power Stone in that fighting collection so fuck you, Capcom.
  • It all looks fuck ugly.
    Imagine the sprites the new consoles could fire out and instead we get uncanny sweat.
  • If that Collection had CvS2 I'd be alllllll over it in a flash.  Might still get it for Red Earth and Gem Fighter.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    If that Collection had CvS2 I'd be alllllll over it in a flash.  Might still get it for Red Earth and Gem Fighter.

Oh god yes. I'm sure its a licensing thing but I'd love a proper CvSNK 2 release for Xbox.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'll buy it because it is Street Fighter but I really hope they go closer to 3 or 4 in mechanics.

I want Street Fighter: Xrd.
  • Oh yeah!  Tiger knows.
  • Here's what I want from SF6

Bring back the 3rd Strike parry - it's just the best parry system ever invented, ever imho.
    Change the art style pls - V looks like shit, Arcsys already showed you can do rockin actual sprites or fake 3d sprites in the modern era.
    FUCKING NETCODE YOU DONKEYS ETC. 
    If the budget is gonna be whatever you found down the back of the sofa, like V don't bother. Also the seasonal costumes and shit that went to topping up the coffers were pretty lame in a lot of cases. 
    Put Q and Hakan back in or no deal, or make Bison even slower, but hit even harder, I guess Birdie can come back if he gets to keep all his fun toys. 
    In fact, pls make more of the mechanics like Birdie's stuff, Uriens mirrors, flappy stretchy poison bird man. They're really fun and part of why I like games like GG so much is that the team really feel like they have fun with the mechanics they give each of the character, no one needs 4 different shotos with a bit different frame data and a bit different fireball properties and ultras and shit.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!