Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Zafina's a meta character IMO, with select OP moves that save her from being weak (abusable blockstun's a fightman rarity), and it's both her reliance on and thus detours from those that get into so many heads. I don't fancy Ash to maintain momentum over the full Evo, but he does make her so, so horrible to face. Spiky, in a word.

It feels like there's a limit on how many of her counters and interrupts you can eat before second-guessing yourself into a failing pattern. But if you make few mistakes and don't get dragged into those mindgame traps, she's probably not the best comeback character.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I have Tekken, but I'm not playing enough to confirm any of that... I did remember one or two of Pakistani Tekken events being streamed on Twitch during, and just before the lockdown though.

Trends like this have stuck in Street Fighter 5... The South American massiv' did well at Combobreaker.

It's hard to tell how good relative performance is in the FGC across regions (and games), until the east Asians show up. But things have definitely changed a bit since the arcades started closing...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Tiers are like this: if Rouj picks 'em they're low. If he doesn't and they're rubbish, they're mid.

All good characters are developer-favoured, Michael Murray lovechildren.
  • Everyone should play KOF XV and VF5: Ultimate Showdown (Tekken costume DLC out tomorrow).
  • I have KOF XV. Haven’t put any proper time into it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'm too busy playing sf4 ultra. Amazingly, there are other online players.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Far be it from me to criticise other sick fucks who won't switch from a long-in-tooth fighting game.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Alas, there are no Dark Res onliners. I had the thought yesterday that I'd play a Tag 2 update over T7. Easily.

I'd even forgive Harada and Murray if it had coop. Street Fighter X Tekken was ahead of its time, just a few years before teambased shooters went big (with its terrible netcode). No excuse for a modern fightman not recognising that market since, mind.

I'd happily carry people to comedy losses. It's the OG arcade vibes I'm after, not the angry must-win hostilities of the toxic arena.
  • VF5 is the only one I'd consider outside of 3s for serious okay these days I think, although SFIV is a very close also ran.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Oh very much dear. Oh dear.

Rouj is gonna reopen his strim and we'll get all geed up, appraising our salt-ridden middle-aged lives mere weeks later.

What looks like the properties of FA3 with FA1 startup? Even with huge meter cost, how do you beat it?
  • That… looks so shit.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Which episode of Devil May Cry killed the franchise again? Shit reminds me of that...

Edit - DMC. Hated the art direction, but apparently, it's acclaimed...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Yes I will play the adventure mode and I will like it.
  • Didn't think it looked that bad to be honest.

The styling of the newer characters doesn't hit with more or the overall presentstion style but I could easily make the same comment on sf 3. The presentation seems quite similar a shift.

The open world thing could be hit or miss but at least its a clear single player mode, it looks like there is a create a fighter aspect which could be interesting as well and using metro city as the central location works fine for me.

In game shots I actually quite liked. The hit explosions are closer to 4 or 3 as opposed to the more subdued sf5 and some of the animations look great. Also really like that chun li isn't hitting male gaze stuff (at least yet - sf5 is quite Pervy with both costumes and character stances for the girls)

Very disappointed it's a ps game only again though but I'm certainly interested in how it develops.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s not PS only, it’s also coming to Xbox (but not the One) and PC.
  • Ooooo - nice one.

SFV - reddave360
  • Don't like the presentation, and didn't expect to. On moves the world.
  • Luke has broken the SF5 meta. Ridiculous speed, ridiculous priority with normals and specials, ridiculous recovery times. He feels like Ryu and Ken pre ssf2X; overpowered with training wheels on. I get that the Devs want the public to focus on their shiny new guy but Sheesh...They'll undoubtedly do a balance patch later this year but by the time sf6 lands people will have moved on.

SF6 looks like more of the same. Hope they don't fuck up the launch like they did with 5. Also, Ryu needs new tricks. The whole cast of sf5 have movesets (meta) revolving around evasion of the fireball making the hadoken all but useless. An updated moveset to address this would be nice.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Very good point about the fireball situation. 5 felt like more characters had projectile evasion moves than those who had them.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yup, the fb evasion moves are also more ways to get in and initiate a rushdown mixup combo.
    And in SF5 offense is king; the more ways to 'get in' the 'stronger' a character. Which is why the shoto archetype (esp.Ryu) feels kindof outdated in the new meta as established in sf5.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    It's not the visuals that bother me so much, but them taking another lurch towards extended cinematics that demote players to frustrated passengers. Some of V's EX moves take as long as 3S supers.

Again, I really hate the look of a fast-starting armoured counter that can crumple for guaranteed ultras. It even looks unsatisfying to claim the follow-up. Landing FA3 in IV felt great because it was so hard to catch anyone decent with.

I think that's Drive Impact for 1 bar, and looks like an instant FA3 (crumple's possibly only if you absorb a heavy, with no follow-ups against absorbed lights). I feel like they're taking all the worst parts from modern Tekken, but it's worse than that because it's 2D with blockstrings. It'll have a choice of classic and modern controls (scroll down to Overdrive for an example).

https://streetfighter.com/6/en-uk/mode/fightingground.html

Dash-cancelling after a parry for 1 bar's a great idea, but sounds lenient enough to remove the hype we'd get from watching pros do it (because there's also Perfect Parry).
  • Urgh, they seem to have taken EX specials//FADC/parry/movement (dash)/alpha counter and coupled them to it's own 'drive' meter? Complete with burnout feature to prevent people from 'spamming' the system. It sounds like an even more aggressive fight system than 5 if that's even possible?

They seem to want to win back the casuals but not sure if this will be enough to attract new challengers?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Sounds like the tipping point where fundamentals with complementary meter flips. A meter-based game with time-filling footsies is the opposite direction to what I'd have guessed most older fans want. Fortfite attempt, innit.

Modern-inputs Gief, lol! Sirlin rubbing himself raw. Alas, there'll be no IABK Viper in this; no chaining Seismic Hammers with feint cancels.
  • Seriously, I was hoping for an overhaul of the sf fight system but this is jut the worst thing they could've opted for.
    Let's hope I'm wrong.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'm down for accepting yoot visuals now, because hey, I'm old! But of all the fightmen, SF's classic formula stands above all. IV got it mostly right, and I reckon its missteps are what we're looking at here.
  • SF will only be good again when it is taken from Capcom.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I quite like the idea of the modern controls. Pulling off combos even vaguely reliably was always an issue for me with previous SFs, sounds like this could come in useful for me.
  • In light of the SF6 trailer, to which I REALLY hope the open world adventure mode did not take resources that could have been better spent on the mechanical systems, I will point out that the below is the last time anything good for SF was revealed:

It hurts me that Capcom are just seemingly completely lost as to an overall vision for the series at this point.

Also, at least 6 has a very low bar to be better than 5. As long as it doesn't launch as a full price early access shitfuck with only the core roster, arcade, practice and Vs mode, they will have done better than 5. I look forward to seeing what the man in the bottom row and maybe the Mexican person are all about.

Oh and I stan Jimmy's lil neckerchief.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • JP? Russian dude with walking stick? Has a ? next to his flag? Yeah, I’m intrigued. That’s about it for my level of interest though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!