Currently Playing
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Midnight Suns.  Liking it so far!
    Don’t suppose you are playing it on Steam Deck?  Tried at launch and it was a mess so got a refund, wondering if it’s any better now
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Nope, PS5.  It's not that polished by current gen standards, but works fine.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Having skipped all of the Xbox1 generation I'm having a great time playing catch up.
    Have to say I think Prey is pretty special.
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta still plays very well and looks amazing.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    halfgone wrote:
    Having skipped all of the Xbox1 generation I'm having a great time playing catch up.

The OG Prey or the most recent? I adore them both so right on.
  • Absolutely loved og Prey
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Don’t suppose you are playing it on Steam Deck?  Tried at launch and it was a mess so got a refund, wondering if it’s any better now

Ive been playing on deck after a generous gifting from face. Works well.

iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • halfgone wrote:
    Having skipped all of the Xbox1 generation I'm having a great time playing catch up.

The OG Prey or the most recent? I adore them both so right on.

Most recent. Not sure why they bothered calling it prey.
    It has its hooks in nice and deep though.

The OG one was class at the time and learnt me my only negative review on xbox profile (unsporting behaviour because I got in a shuttle and blasted some guy).

• Yeah, the recent Prey is crazy good.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Modern prey is amazing. That opening reveal is up there with the Bioshocks of the world
  • The Daddy wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Ive been playing on deck after a generous gifting from face. Works well.
    Cheers
    Down to £12.50 in steam, quite the aggressive discount since it’s been out Les than 18 months

• I bought it at launch. Core gameplay is fun enough but there's too much shit, for me. Hard to go back to after an extended break too!
  • I spoke too soon. Just did a mission on midnight Suns where voices were missing. Story but after confirmed it’s all gone. Restarted game, nope. Restarted PS5 now, see what happens.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Was in last month's humble choice so gonna try it at some point...
  • It's no Unicorn Overlord, that for sure.
  • Started that new Prince of Persia game on PS5. Feels realy nice to play and looks realy good too. I've done the first boss now, seems promising.
  • TotK. Properly this time.

I'd played about 15 hours before without achieving anything. I've played another 15 hours over the last few days and still haven't achieved anything.

I didn't play BotW so this is all new.

Have to I'm really impressed with the game world. Sure the combat is clunky and the item attaching is a bit rub your tummy and pat your head but the scope of the game and physics stuff is great.

I've even made peace with the item breaking.

No idea where I'm supposed to be going but that's fine.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Started that new Prince of Persia game on PS5. Feels realy nice to play and looks realy good too. I've done the first boss now, seems promising.
    Cracking game

• Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    GotY so far. Balatro a close second.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Cupatay wrote:
    Started that new Prince of Persia game on PS5. Feels realy nice to play and looks realy good too. I've done the first boss now, seems promising.

I'm probably a bit further through, having started yesterday. But yes, enjoying it more than I maybe expected.
  • In between bouts of Balatro, I'm playing Snufkin: Melody of Moomin Valley.

My wife is a fan of all things Tove Jansson, so she's been happily watching this curled up next to me as I play.  (I, meanwhile, spent my childhood watching the semi-notorious "fuzzy felt" versions of the Moomin stories. Definitely the creepiest adaptations, something underlined for my kids growing up, as the DVD boxset I have of them happens to have a German cover that reads "Die Moomins" in big letters...  They none the less left me associating them with that childish sense of magic we mostly grow out of, but which I rather miss.)

If the mere mention of Moomins makes you want to break out a chainsaw, then this will do nothing to change your opinion. If, on the other hand, you were raised on their particular brand of whimsy then you can be reassured that this is pretty much exactly as it should be.

Which is to say, no chainsaws here.  This is about as gentle a game as you can imagine to some extent.  You stroll around Moomin Valley as their resident hippy Snufkin, having just returned from a Winter away, to discover that a self appointed Park Keeper has started fencing off bits of nature.  Along the way you meet everyone you might expect, and a few deep cuts too, indulging in not terribly taxing tasks.

It's gently rebellious. The central theme that parks aren't nature feels both on brand, and kind of timely, whilst the mechanism for undoing those parks - ripping up the various signs enforcing the Park Keepers arbitrary rules so that the Police have nothing to enforce anymore is pleasing U rated anarchy.

But it's really just about strolling about.  There are places where you just sit and look at the view. You level up by gaining "inspiration" which is generally done by wading through bushes, or interacting with the wildlife using one of your instruments. God of War it is not.

It's very pretty though. It has a nice hand drawn feel, clearly trying to echo Jansson's original illustrations rather than my beloved fuzzy horror, and the gently tinkling music from Sigur Ros works well too. We've not finished it yet, and I wonder whether the charm will wear off once I've traipsed up and down the map a few more times, but so far it's good relaxing company. (And I suspect, despite the relatively short playtime to date, that we're already nearing the end)

Those of you with kids will find this a pleasant enough world to drop into.  As will those of you who, like me and the wife, never quite grew up.
  • It's on the watch list. The trailer looked a lot better than I was expecting.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    That has kinda sold me on it.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    tin_robot wrote:
    ... the DVD boxset I have of them happens to have a German cover that reads "Die Moomins" in big letters...

Well, no one who speaks German could be evil.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Finally got my white PS4 phat back so got everything updated and went back into GT7 as I've been craving it a while. Off to an amazing start, a three race series on Trial Mountain, Catalunya and then a lap on the nurburgring full. Yeah the load times are what they are, and you can spot jaggies but it's still absolutely gorgeous, and most importantly feels great still. Had more "fun" in those three races than I did in my whole time with the new Forza.

The next cafe book was three rally races and my word I forgot how bad they are. Off in a huff.

I can return to Fist Of The North Star as well though so I guess the yak backlog got bigger too. Double drat.
  • Load times are like 1-3 seconds on ps5.
    120fps is amazing too.

Rallys are great but tough, take a bit of learning.
  • For some reason (perhaps for a complete change - haven't played a real world military game for ages) I downloaded Sniper Elite 5 on PSN and really enjoyed it. I've avoided Rebellion games (other than 2000ad ones) for years because of jank but this is a really solid open-arena stealth game. Also has a very interesting souls-esque PvP mode where you can invade other players PvE game as a stealthy assassin.

Also downloaded Immortals Fenyx Rising - terrible combat and controls compared to other games but the humour makes a nice change.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Sniper Elite 5 is excellent and plays really well in co-op too. I like the system where another player can get dropped into the game as a rival sniper. Very tense stuff.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Sniper Elite 5 is excellent and plays really well in co-op too. I like the system where another player can get dropped into the game as a rival sniper. Very tense stuff.

I really enjoyed the invasion mechanic - very slow and steady gameplay which is something a bit different. Also helped by a generous save system - I got killed by invaders a few times but never felt as though I was set back.

Also as an invader it was fun to roleplay as an NPC to try and hide in plain sight from players who were trying to not have to engage every enemy.

PSN : time_on_my_hands

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!