Currently Playing
  • Locoroco so good! Pump that music up, Wooks.
  • My kids are loving this, it's just so joyous
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 5 chapters into Marble It Up Ultra. Probably the best modern roll 'em up I've played. 45% off on PS5 at the mo, which was £13.49 iirc. Worth it if you like this sort of thing.
  • Just downloaded Lego 2K Drive on GamePass.
    It's great fun. I'm really enjoying it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    5 chapters into Marble It Up Ultra. Probably the best modern roll 'em up I've played. 45% off on PS5 at the mo, which was £13.49 iirc. Worth it if you like this sort of thing.

Got through the first chapter, wasn't really feeling it, but maybe the jump to speed up helps and I'm guessing there's more to come do I may chip away at it some more
  • Devil May Cry HD Collection, Steam.

Never played the PS2 entries as I was a DC/xbox boi back in the days. Quite impressed with the og DMC, such a polished and well executed game. It runs in what seems to be a special version of the re code veronica engine but at 60 fps? Nice. The gameplay reminds me a bit of Resident evil mercs and dino crisis 2 X Ninja Gaiden. Very good and responsive controls with a slightly wonky camera. Sadly, no camera control as the 2nd analogue stick for camera wasn't an established thing yet.

At level 4 now and a bit overleveled. Impressive remaster nonetheless even if it isn't as polished as the onimusha effort from a few years back. I'm actually hoping for Capcom to do Dino Crisis and Onimusha compilation remasters just like this one. Fascinating little time capsules of a fantastic capcom era gone by. Would be wonderful releases to test the waters for potential reboots/remakes.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    5 chapters into Marble It Up Ultra. Probably the best modern roll 'em up I've played. 45% off on PS5 at the mo, which was £13.49 iirc. Worth it if you like this sort of thing.

Got through the first chapter, wasn't really feeling it, but maybe the jump to speed up helps and I'm guessing there's more to come do I may chip away at it some more

First couple of chapters are extra breezy.

• I'm trying to get through my recent sales splurge without letting any drop into the pile of shame, so I'm on to Batbarian: Testament of the Primordials now. I'll need a run or a dash move eventually (please), some of the inventory controls are fiddly and not letting me use the dpad for movement is always annoying (especially as I dislike the PS5 pad anyway), but otherwise so far so good. Nice gfx.

Edit: or a roll move maybe.
  • Jumping around a bunch of stuff at the moment.

Still sts downfall. Still amazing.

Still shogun showdown. Day 5 with ronin. Tough going. Cracking game though.

Still Dominion. Mixed bag of a game, because there's so many random combos. Some games suck, some are great.

Just baught balatro. It's a bit great, innit.

Panorama. Dorf romantik with a few more bells and Whistles. Games can take hours. In the best possible way.

Good stuff.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • A grumble that I've grumbled about before: why do so many games have in game clocks that keep running while the host console is in suspend mode? 'I wonder if I've played this for over an hour yet' I just thought, while playing Batbarian. 33hrs apparently, just for putting the PS5 in rest mode and not shutting the software down last time I played.

Definitely a minor moan but even the DS stopped the clock while it was asleep.
  • Playing GT7 using remote play on the Sony phone and it's making me want a PS Portal.

Damn.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Freak accident, putting this here. I meant to put it in the PS5 Payers thread.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    I recently got back into Horizon: Forbidden West. The same thing happened as with Zero Dawn; I played for a while before being distracted by other things, had a couple of aborted attempts to get back into it, then got back into it big time. I just love the world, the lore, and Aloy.

If I have a slight criticism, it’s how much there is going on. Aloy has always had a ridiculous number of weapons to hand, and this is no different. I think I’d prefer it if she just had one, maybe two bows, and all the rest was achieved with different arrows. But there are three different types of bow (and I have 4-8 of each type) each with different arrow types, you can apply a variety of weapon ‘coils’ to each to boost stats, and ‘weaves’ to your umpteen outfits which improve their stats (and I never remember to change them as I go, sticking with a strong all-rounder) and now you have ‘valor surges’, which allow you to pick one of a variety of OP buffs to trigger in a fight, as well getting cooks at settlements to prepare a variety of meals which also provide buffs. I tend to stick to what I know (same selection of weapons, same outfit, stick to the same valid surge, ignore food) but it’s good that the choice is there.

The gameplay is absolutely right up my street, though. There’s some good environment exploration, and fighting the machines never gets old. For the last few days I’ve been focussing on side missions, then tonight I progressed the main storyline. One of the handy things the game allows you to do is create ‘jobs’ for upgrading your gear, which makes it clear what resources you need to find, and where on the map to find them. You get set a job as your active quest, and I think I’m going to spend some time upgrading my chosen outfit, and the pouches for carrying all my ammunition and resources. Maybe a few of my better weapons.

I think I’m approaching 100 hours, I could easily (and happily) see it being 100 more.

I realy want to get back to this but I did the same as you and duck out half way through.

The problem I have with it, is just how big and overwhelming everything seems when I load it back up.

I do have other minot gripes such as Aloys constant chatter/unwanted guidance, the sheer amount of talking involved in the narrative that I feel I need to listen to (rightly or wrongly), but it also does so much so well.

It's nice to see some love for it, what I played of it initially, it was incredible. Beautiful, fun to play, great story and some truely memorable moments. I will never forget
    Spoiler:
    . A massive highlight of that year for me only slightly spoiled by it's own ambition but that might just be a me thing.
  • Started Mundaun this morning. I'm sure I've played games I've found unsettling before but none spring to mind. This is genuinely creepy - fingers crossed it maintains the quality.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    I recently got back into Horizon: Forbidden West. The same thing happened as with Zero Dawn; I played for a while before being distracted by other things, had a couple of aborted attempts to get back into it, then got back into it big time. I just love the world, the lore, and Aloy. If I have a slight criticism, it’s how much there is going on. Aloy has always had a ridiculous number of weapons to hand, and this is no different. I think I’d prefer it if she just had one, maybe two bows, and all the rest was achieved with different arrows. But there are three different types of bow (and I have 4-8 of each type) each with different arrow types, you can apply a variety of weapon ‘coils’ to each to boost stats, and ‘weaves’ to your umpteen outfits which improve their stats (and I never remember to change them as I go, sticking with a strong all-rounder) and now you have ‘valor surges’, which allow you to pick one of a variety of OP buffs to trigger in a fight, as well getting cooks at settlements to prepare a variety of meals which also provide buffs. I tend to stick to what I know (same selection of weapons, same outfit, stick to the same valid surge, ignore food) but it’s good that the choice is there. The gameplay is absolutely right up my street, though. There’s some good environment exploration, and fighting the machines never gets old. For the last few days I’ve been focussing on side missions, then tonight I progressed the main storyline. One of the handy things the game allows you to do is create ‘jobs’ for upgrading your gear, which makes it clear what resources you need to find, and where on the map to find them. You get set a job as your active quest, and I think I’m going to spend some time upgrading my chosen outfit, and the pouches for carrying all my ammunition and resources. Maybe a few of my better weapons. I think I’m approaching 100 hours, I could easily (and happily) see it being 100 more.

It's one of my favourites. I've recently started back into playing the original and I have no idea how they made the game look so alive and amazing considering how old it is now. I'm trying to get the last of the trophies for the platinum and still enjoying setting traps for certain critters. The only pain in the ass is the cryptic nature of some of the trophies, and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to find certain animals for skins and bones. One of the trophies requires you to have alliances with a whole pile of people for the final battle with not easy way to check the ones you've covered. But oh my days, I do love it so.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Goat Simulator 3 again.

I'm usually one for pushing on in games. I don't tend to like killing time with unnecessary tasks and I'm not keen on optional missions in most things. Having said that this might be the best game I've ever played for purely messing about.
  • It’s excellent

It really is (Mundaun). Off to YouTube to check alternate endings now, which isn't something I'd usually bother with.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    We can now elevate Moot to the group of 'good taste' - you've ascended from Muzz and Elf's group.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    m8 my tastes so best
  • Fallout 4 (£2.50 delivered from ebay for Xbox woo) - loving it, have they made the graphics better? it looks amazing
  • Djornson wrote:
    Fallout 4 (£2.50 delivered from ebay for Xbox woo) - loving it, have they made the graphics better? it looks amazing

Patch due on 25th.
  • Juts picked this up on PS Store, £4, thatll do.
    Never had major issues with it that others did although its not as good as 3 or NV.

Base building can get to fuck but the rest is fine, will wait for the update coming. I will 100% be giving that stupid bint an overdose again.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown (Switch)

Good so far. The exploration is good, and the gameplay is solid. Some of the standard Metroidvania elements seem shoe-horned in, but maybe the plot'll make more sense the further through I get. (At the moment it's all a bit "because time travel, stfu noob".) The dodge/block mechanics in the combat seem a bit off; there's plenty of moments where I'd swear I did or didn't get the timing right, but the game'll say the opposite. I'm probably just old. I've also had one boss fight glitch me through a wall into the next area. "Luckily" I died in the next section and had to do the encounter again.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown (Switch)

Good so far. The exploration is good, and the gameplay is solid. Some of the standard Metroidvania elements seem shoe-horned in, but maybe the plot'll make more sense the further through I get. (At the moment it's all a bit "because time travel, stfu noob".) The dodge/block mechanics in the combat seem a bit off; there's plenty of moments where I'd swear I did or didn't get the timing right, but the game'll say the opposite. I'm probably just old. I've also had one boss fight glitch me through a wall into the next area. "Luckily" I died in the next section and had to do the encounter again.
    I found it good fun, though later fights are a bit silly so I dumped it down to easier difficultly and just enjoyed the ridiculous puzzles.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!