PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    The demo of that was reasonable.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Pepper Grinder, for context. Foiled again!
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • OTXO also seems really solid so I'm happy with the two games I've been most looking forward to this year. It's a bit more bullet timey than I'd hoped, to the point where it seems foolish to play it without heavily relying on the focus zone, but it may have some tricks up its sleeve. Or I'll just have to get used to it. So far so legit roguelike Hotline Miami-ish.
  • That's good news. I think I got that with humble or on sale. Might dive in.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Played a bit more last night. It lacks the tightness of Hotline Miami and it probably goes without saying that its not as good. It's sufficiently different due to the rogue format though, and I'm having a great time with it to the point where I think it might've relegated Pepper Grinder to the back burner for now. I don't mind the bullet time thing now either - if you over-use it you can't build a combo properly (essential for acquiring funds for permanent perks) so I think I understand the balance now.
  • How are the boss battles in pepper grinder ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Only done one so far. It worked but the final phase was a bit fiddly.
  • Metro exodus for $6 on Xbox. Couldn't say no. Discovering I'm getting motion sickness with the fps though. Wtf. Old man.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Never played another Metro but I really enjoyed this. It’s quite linear but that’s a nice change from the usual open world. Looked amazing with the RT at the time.
  • Yeah. I did it on pc on first release and had was in mid settings. Nice on full wack on bone.
  • We're trying to get through that Quarry atm but finding it very slow going, think we've put at least 3 hours in by now, maybe more, and it's just not really popping. Going to keep on keeping on until at least some action happens, but if things don't pick up in the next couple of hours it may be for the bin.
  • The wandering around bits tend to pad those games out too much.  Rudimentary Resi ambling doesn't add anything so I'd rather they had no playable sections tbh.  Just commit to being an interactive movie with perilous QTEs rather than pretending it's a proper game by adding rubbish gamey sections.
  • It does go a bit Dawson's Creek after the opening.
    What was the last bit you did?
  • I already agree with the plodding walking summary, just hoping I get to actually get to bits with peril and kills soon. We're just up to
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah keep going a bit longer. Trying not to be spoilery or build expectations but you are in Act 1 nearing the end, Act 2 it starts to become more of a horror.
  • It's not a pacey opening act and the characters witter on a bit.
  • The story is restricted by the format quite a lot, in that if someone could die early on the writers would have to make sure they weren't essential to anything that happens after. I think Until Dawn had more fake danger in the opening sections, where if you did the wrong thing there were no real consequences, but once you figure that out it breaks the illusion. But in both cases, the placing of possible deaths is very similar.

I quite like these games, but they do seem to be heading down an evolutionary dead end if they can't reinvent themselves somehow.
  • I've upgraded my R36s with a much bigger SD card so now filling it with playstation games which has lead me to playing through Driver again.

Fuck me, some of the time limits of these missions are tough. Several old school rage quits when it leaves no leeway for mistakes and then places a police car right on the last road to the goal, making it impossible to finish that attempt.

Still, plays an absolute blinder of a police chase
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • So pleased you’re enjoying that R36s I sent you
  • Haha. Loving it!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • How is the r36?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Is that the one I got too? Yeah it's brilliant for everything up to psx.
  • Blazblue Entropy Effect

Just picked this up but it's great button mashy fun. A bit like Dead Cells. Have no idea what I'm doing and I'm not willing to learn but it's all very satisfying at the moment.
  • How is the r36?

It plays everything upto and including playstation really well. Plays lots of N64 with some mixed results, very hard console to emulate properly.
    It does however play Dreamcast pretty well too. Some slowdown issues on some titles but with some tinkering you can get decent results
  • Can it run power stone?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • It can indeed! And Power stone 2
  • All for under £40
  • Wow, this can also handle PSP games!
    I'm playing Locoroco and it's great fun

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!