Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    From what I remember of Zero Mission, spot on.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Goddamnit page turn. We talked about this.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Dishons: Death of the Outsider

When it gets going it reminded me what I love about immersive sims. Carefully sculpted levels so you don't feel like you're being shepherded by level designers as you teleport across rooftops and awkward looking lamp posts (an illusion born from their hard work). I really enjoyed my time with it despite the weak characters. I had to google Hagpearls to see if that was a real thing from Hagfish.
  • Fights in Tight Spaces.

Well one particular runthrough.

Top tier card rogue.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    A Plague Tale

Its world goes straight into my top ten, with visual highs beyond everything I've played except Rapture, so what a shame it's all mated to gameplay from a Naughty Dog filler chapter. Evokes Tomb Raider: Underworld's generational discord in that regard.

I love these quiet journey-'em-ups, but their PS2 mechanics sure do ask our labour. Quality soundtrack, though, and top marks for its 14th century France. [GOOD]
  • I liked A Plagues Tale, I must get back to it.

Art of Rally, in that, I finished off S class. Really enjoyed it, despite some random frame rate issues (Series X) and the Germany stages with grave stones by the side of the track.

I felt the handling model really came into its own with the unlock of group B onwards (to the developers credit, all the cars handle really differently) but still never felt the need to use the hand brake.

It would make a great TT'er, although I never went back to race anyone the Badger stage times (thanks Webbs, Birdorf) are a good point of reference.

Looks great, nice sense of progression, lovely handling model but annoying frame rate that brings a [9] down to an [8] .

Now on to Circuit Superstars
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Annoying re framerate, never had an issue on pc. Agreed re later classes. Handling was mint.
  • It just comes across as a poorly optimised port as the issues don't seem to be tied to anything getting too hectic on screen. It's a shame really but by the sounds of it, the game was pretty much the work of one guy, so possibly down to a lack of resources. It'll be interesting to see if they sort it for the PS5 port.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Legend of Zelda - NES: This has dated pretty well for such an old game. You can see how it ended up becoming a phenomenon that launched such a major franchise - an expansive gameplay experience that really was the BOTW of its day, and on top of that a luxurious physical presentation with the golden box and cart and the physical feelies that were basically an expansion of the game that provided additional information that just wouldn't fit on the cart. That inherently physical-leaning aspect is the main thing that dates the game - faffing about with a PDF of the manual and guide juggling your phone and a controller isn't quite the same experience. It's surprising this hasn't had a remake as it's kinda begging for one - a self-contained version of this that could be played without reference anything but the game itself would make for a really good product.

In the same way I feel Super Mario Bros. is missing a continue system, I think the way Link doesn't respawn with full health is a really unnecessary irritation - something else to fix in a remake. The last dungeon is pretty enjoyable but the very end isn't a high - the last boss is a bit random and the ending very abrupt! But this is par for the course for the era. Still enjoyable today and clearly would have been a [10] in its day. I'd probably give it an [8] by modern standards.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • It's funny but I don't remember any hype or talk about Zelda at the time at all. Same with Metroid. It wasn't until the Snes ones came out that I even gave them a second look. 

I think they'd probably both been out a few years by the time I got a NES so might have been a bit old hat.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I don't think the NES was ever really much of a thing over here, was it? Particularly compared to America, where it sounds like it was massive.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Never had a Nes. Was into computers at that point. First Nintendo was a Snes after owning a mega drive. Got the ugly purple US model as I wanted the full screen full speed experience.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I don't think the NES was ever really much of a thing over here, was it? Particularly compared to America, where it sounds like it was massive.
    Yeah I suppose. I don't think I'd have been interested if it didn't come packaged with the Turtles game.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Following Cinty's [8] a while back, I've played through The Pedestrian. Definitely some good ideas in a moderately tight puzzler, but only a [7] for me. Too many annoyances, odd end bit, not quite enough consistency in actual quality of the puzzles. Still kinda fun though, and when it worked out was pretty good, and the real world interaction stuff was kinda fun I suppose. I'm not sure I'd wholly recommend though...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Spider-Man- PS4 (played on PS5)

I have never been a huge Spider-Man fan. While I’ve enjoyed the films, I never read the comic and was never invested in the character, but this game changes that, especially at 60fps just knocks it out of Central Park. Having got to about 65% of the story on PS4, I decided to restart on PS5 and I’m glad I did.

The characters are spot on, the story engaging and the gameplay is just so addictive. So much so that for the first time in an open-world game, I completed all the side quests and 100%’ed every part of the map. The combat for all the bases was so enjoyable due to the mix of gadgets and skills that Parker gains during the game. 

The end was a surprise too and the way Miles is introduced just makes me want to play the next instalment. As far as games go, it’s just perfect fun. Definitely worth a [10].
  • Another run of fights in tight spaces. Going through the difficulty levels. Absolutely pwned it.

Got close very next game on the next highest, but if you fuck up angles a push off a ledge is insta death.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Still waiting on the full game. It’s on my wish list and they have dropped it 10%.
  • Yeah, could defo wait no problem. There's still some funky stuff, mainly around animations. Although they are still tweaking cards and I'm sure a couple of card effects have glitched on me a few times.

Still, it's fucking glorious.

• So, I know that someone is going to say there’s the Ascension modes, but I’ve just completed Slay the Spire.

I had seen the Victory? screen on the Switch in the past, but went back to it on Xbox and took the initial three characters to the heart to unlock the fourth act.

After getting super annoyed for 4-5 days that I couldn’t get into Act 4, I’ve now taken a poison heavy build all the way.

The funniest thing was my set up was so strong that I managed to complete Act 4 first time, without barely taking a scratch. I think I was doing 250+ poison damage in the end, by using a combination of a duplication potion and a triple poison card. Nice.

What a phenomenal game this is. Maybe Game of the Year 2021?
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Maybe Game of the Year 2021?

I'll update the title
  • Well, finished a run of Dice Legacy.

Played 14 hours since Friday. Probably 10 hours for the run that got there.

See currently playing for further thoughts.

Definitely worth a shot if civ types might be your bag.

Will give it a break and then try a new run with different stuff.
  • Doom 2016. Just one of the best single player campaigns in any FPS I've played for a long time. So much fun. I've no desire to go back and find all the secrets etc so it's getting deleted and replaced with Doom Eternal.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep played it recently and loved it. No need to go back.
  • Same. I've got the second part of the Eternal dlc to play at some point too, but it's definitely a game I need lengthy breaks from. Brilliant when I'm in the mood though, enjoyed part one.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I need to go back and finish the DE expansions, but the last boss in the first half is doing my head in. (At least, I hope he's the last fuggin' boss...)

I'd still rate 2016 over Eternal, but both are excellent. I'm a bit worried they'll pull a Wolfenstein and continue down the road of "more is more" and end up diluting the formula too much for New Doom 3.
  • I'm usually quite cautious in my playstyle in FPSs, so it was quite exhilarating being encouraged to be hyper aggressive - it's a very simple but clever mechanic.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    ... it's a very simple but clever mechanic.

Agreed.
  • will never understand the appeal of doom, claustrophobic and too samey for me
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • The Last Stop. I could easily write a few thousand words on how terrible this was but I'm sitting here grinning as the credits roll. Such a stupefyingly wonky steaming pile of thoroughly enjoyable shite.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Backbone

Well that was something. Definitely doesn't go where I thought it was going. Loved it even though I'm not sure it all hangs together

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!