Pro Wrestling
  • So is anyone rumbling this... Saturday?

I'm just starting a week's holiday and I think I might sign up for a month of the network to get some rumble goodness.

Don't really know what the plots running through the fed are but still hopeful for a fun night.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I will be. I can do a rundown for anyone who doesn't follow it.
  • Might need your help to explain who some of the wrestlers are.

I was disappointed to hear big e lost the title. I think he suffered a kofi (deserved title win but company had no actual plans for a title run). Would be happy to see him win by last eliminating kofi and xavier but not causing a break up.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I won't be watching but I like the idea of brock losing the title to Bobby then winning the rumble. Probably bad long term but it would be fun on the night.
  • Shame how WWE didnt make the sensible choice and use Lesnar to provide a launching pad to Drew and Bobbo. Both of those guys deserve to be big time main eventers but it always looks like WWE can only see Lesnar and Reigns as headliners (and both are great, dont get me wrong)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Rumour is before Reigns got Covid that Rollins was supposed to take the title off E.
  • i'm going to try to stay up tomorrow
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Rumour is before Reigns got Covid that Rollins was supposed to take the title off E.

BOOOOOOOO!!!

Yeah, I'm a big Big E fan. Would like to see him get a bit of an edge to his character without losing the fun side he obviously has. Foley and Danielson are two who managed this balance really well.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Wait. The Rumble is Saturday night??? I assumed it was Sunday night!
    That’s a fucker. I’ll be coming down from Aberdeen tomorrow evening, so I’ll be totally fucked by the time I get home :(
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah, a lot (but not all!) PPV's (sorry, Premium Live Events) are Saturday this year.
  • That fucking sucks! Loves me the Rumble. Need to break out the pro-plus and a huge pot of coffee to even make it to the starting line. :(
  • Just got Smackdown in. I havent watched wrestling since last Rumble.

First thing. I'm suprised Cesaro is still on, always struck me as quite dull.

Second. In the middle of the the tag match featuring Ricochet there was a promo reel for Ricochet. Is this a thing now?
  • They also need to do a story line where Ricochet does Cesaro dirty, joins up with Seamus and changes his name to Rick O'Shea.
  • Cesaro is probably the most popular star in the company.
  • Cesaro is probably the most popular star in the company.

Really? That's great news. My viewing of him was the typical super worker and decent personality who vince didn't "get". Delighted if they are finally pushing him (or is this a rusev/ Bryan popularity which is in spite of the booking?)
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'm shocked.
    Then again someone who tunes in once a year probably isn't a decent touch point.
  • He is not pushed though right. Lower mid-card for life unless something has drastically changed.
  • I have to say I liked his tag team with shamus- the 360 entrance spin was great.
    SFV - reddave360
  • More like Bryan. I think Vinces issue is that he's insane and views having an accent as an impediment. Despite Cesaro's overwhelming popularity, and the insane pops he gets when it looks like they might do something with him.

Its become a tradition on the Stone Cold podcast that when asked who is the most under-rated superstar, the answer is Cesaro. He's universally loved backstage, basically a dream opponent for anyone because he can do anything you want him to do and will get over as a face or a heel.
  • OK this makes sense then as to why as a super casual viewing I'm not seeing any appeal.

I'm unlikely to notice the nuance of being a genuinely great wrestler and if Vincent isn't interested he isnt being given the big storylines I might latch onto.
  • UPDATE…
    Aberdeen match cancelled due to the storms.
    FREE MONEY!
    Back home on the couch before kick-off time.
    I think the Rumble might be back on lads! :D
  • Hell Yeah!

Looking forward to this. How long should I expect this to run?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Is the Rumble tonight or tomorrow?
  • It's tonight.
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Hell Yeah!

Looking forward to this. How long should I expect this to run?

Got to be 4 hours right?
  • 3.5 hours for the main show. Stars at 1am UK time, pre-show at 12.
  • Cheers.
    Might watch tomorrow. Thats too late for old Div.
  • 3.5 hours for the main show. Stars at 1am UK time, pre-show at 12.

Thats not too bad. Bring it vince!

SFV - reddave360
  • Royal Rumble Rundown

If you don't want to know anything, skip this post. I'll leave a gap for you.

OK if you're reading from now it's your own fault.

Confirmed matches: 

Men's Royal Rumble Match 30-man Royal Rumble Match for a world championship match at WrestleMania 38

The main thing to know here is that you'll have to suffer Johnny Knoxville, and he's almost certainly going to eliminate Sami Zayn. Most participants have been announced, but there is still scope for surprises.

New Day confirm they won't be turning on each other in the match, because they aren't stupid:

Women's Royal Rumble Match 30-woman Royal Rumble Match for a women's championship match at WrestleMania 38

Most participants have been announced. Because they have a thin roster, partly due to firing a load of people in the last year, there is a large contingent of people who aren't on the active roster already announced, though there's scope for more. I won't spoil it for anyone who doesn't already know, but there's one entrant whose appearance in this is brain melting.

The main thing to know is that one of the champions is actually in the match, Smackdown Women's' Champion Charlotte Flair. Smackdown confrontation from most of their participants, including the return of Sasha Banks from injury:

Brock Lesnar (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Bobby Lashley (with MVP) Singles match for the WWE Championship

This has been the most bewildering missing match up since Lashley came back in 2018. For me, this was a nailed on WrestleMania main event, but apparently Vince has had exactly the right amount of money all this time.

A 'how did we get here' video:

Becky Lynch (c) vs. Doudrop Singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship

Low key could be match of the night. Don't sleep (literally g.man) on this match.

Hype package. If you don't know who Doudrop is watch this:

Edge and Beth Phoenix vs. The Miz and Maryse Mixed tag team match

These 4 have been some of the most entertaining in the company in recent times. I don't know how it will play out in the ring, but the road to here has been well worth it.

Roman Reigns (c) vs. Seth "Freakin" Rollins Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship
    The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) are barred from ringside.

In ring promo between the two from the go home Smackdown. Not needed, but I think Seth is on top form here.

It's a long shot, but I reckon there's a chance Rollins goes over here, and takes the title to Mania where Reigns regains it with the crowd behind him.
  • Thats awesome stuff Dante, thanks so much.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Fuck me. I’m going to be lucky to make the start of the pre-show at this rate. Time to get the coffee on!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!