Pro Wrestling
  • Wolf from Gladiators is as fine a gimmick as any.

Those releases are fucking bizarre. DH Smith, fine was obviously just a hope that didn't work out. But you've just repackaged Keith Lee and brought him back. Released several other who were either called up this year or signed this year.
  • mk64 wrote:
    who's been released?

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1456401426402349057?t=JXdBBtM6MpNJRgBVZmk2hA&s=19

Of note are Kieth Lee, Nia Jax, Karrion Kross, Mia Yim, Scarlett, Eva Marie and Ember Moon

• I Think most of those would be expected. The eva marie is hilarious as they keep bringing her back for no reason and shes shit. 

Ember moon hasn't done anything for ages that i can tell either. Dropped like a hot potato. Nia's a liability
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • As a fan I think it's great some of these have been released, take Zack Ryder/Matt Cardona, I had no time for him in WWE, the guys now king of the indies and an absolute riot. He's was getting knocked about by Suzuki on Impact the other night. Those who want to do well, will do well. Lee will get picked up, I don't rate Cross but I'm sure he'll find somewhere. There's some talk that some of them got released because they refused vaccination.

Other than maybe Lee, I reckon Tony should keep his cheque book in his pocket this time though.
  • I'll be honest I dont understand why either the WWE or AEW want to nail down wrestlers to contracts beyond 2 years. Its a product that benefits from turnover off the undercard both for the audience and to allow the wrestler time to heal up or work elsewhere to stay fresh. Aside from a few absolute top liners, wrestlers should be let go to other promotions. Even than, I imagine in 2 years time Punk, or Bryan or Adam cole could head back to WWE and possible be both a better asset and get a better deal by being somewhere else. 

Certainly dont understand the need for AEW to have such a deep talent pool.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Rampage was an absolute banger this week, 2 cracking matches and an awesome promo segment
  • Hell yeah, I'm looking forward to watching that later. Eddie and Punk was always going to be fire.
  • Anyone planning on doing Full Gear live? I will be, love Saturday night AEW PPV's
  • Definitely watching Full Gear, can't wait.

PS Think you'll love Mox's book.  Didn't find the grammar to be a problem, he knows how to tell a story and he's a funny bastard.  Felt like a really genuine read.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Frosty wrote:
    Hell yeah, I'm looking forward to watching that later. Eddie and Punk was always going to be fire.

The promo/ dust up between punk and Eddie was excellent stuff. Felt real, felt main event. Very happy to see punk in a proper program because the "respect" matches were only going to go so far.

The ghost busters thing though.... oh dear...

(Yes, I realise I am behind by a week or so)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Show is an absolute banger. First three matches utterly fantastic. I’m unsure who’s winning this main event now.
  • A magnificent car crash, if this continues, this could be one of my favourite ppv s.
  • Watching it now. It might take me a while to get through but I've seen the first match - Darby vs MJF
    Spoiler:
  • Frosty wrote:
    Watching it now. It might take me a while to get through but I've seen the first match - Darby vs MJF
    Spoiler:

I said last night to my mates last night word for word what you said on the finish
  • Ha, glad it's not just me. That was such a downer at the end of a great match.

Really enjoying the show so far. I'm up to the Cody and Pac tag match. I did roll my eyes a bit at them going the "can they coexist" route as wwe love that troupe but it actually being both teams is a nice twist that made me chuckle.

Miro Danielson was a banger, absolutely loved it.

Tag title match was really good with loads of great moments but I didn't really like the finish. Found it very confusing as didn't really see the point of it.

Falls count anywhere has been the weakest match so far. Fun but there's too much multiman nonsense like being taken by surprise by someone that was clearly in eyeline or posing for the crowd only to be hit in the back. Too long as well. I did love the ending though and JBs face after the big luchasaurus move was great.

Gonna have to finish the rest tomorrow and avoid spoilers for another day.
  • Why is Cody trying to persist as a face? The crowd absolutely fucking despise him, and the John Cena act won't work with this crowd. Take the easy heat and put a face over.

Despite the odd weird moment like the finishes previously mentioned, its been good so far. I assume since he and his goons are in a box Team Taz will be inflicted on us later. Would be nice if someone just had the idea to lock them away for the night though.
  • What the fuck is this Inner Circle/ American Top Team match?

Edit - Baron von Raschke is here? What the fuck is happening?
  • Haha

Great show!  RE Kingston V Punk
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah no idea what the Cody story is, it just left me a bit confused as why it was even happening. The show was already long so this should have been booted onto TV.

I do like Cody and I'm curious what the endgame is but whatever this was is to the detriment of Black, Andrade, and Pac. Black was so hot a month ago but this Cody story continuing is diminishing him.

I will enjoy it when he actually hits the pedigree he keeps teasing though.

Not gonna lie, I skipped the inner circle top team match as, again, this show was mega long and I wasn't that arsed.

Kingston Punk was incredible, probably my favourite match. Eddie is the best and punk did the smarmy condescending prick really well.

Main event was great. I've loved the Omega run but it was time and everything about this was great.

Enjoyed the show overall but it was a bit long for me and the pacing was a bit one note. Think most of the matches were hovering around the 20 minutes mark so a bit of variety there would have been good.

Also apparently Serena Deeb was relegated to sitting in the crowd during the buy in. Such a waste, get her in a programme and get her on the ppv. She's incredible and is being wasted.

No idea why Jay lethal has been signed.
  • Haha

Great show!  RE Kingston V Punk
    Spoiler:

That was incredible. I loved how pleased he was with himself after it. So good.
  • I don't get the love for Eddie Kingston. He's about 5 years past his best, but everyone is losing their shit over him in AEW.
  • Yeah he's so over the crowd were booing punk which is insane.

I'd never heard of him before he joined AEW but he's got a realness to him that I find really engaging. It was his face turn and tag team with Moxley that made me really fall in love with him as their chemistry and promos were the best thing on Dynamite by absolute miles at the time.

I also like his big tum tum.
  • Pretty much the same here.  Hadn't heard of him before NWA Power in 2019.  People seem to knock his wrestling but I think he's been alright.  Would love to see him win the belt in the next year or so, even if just for a month.  Crowd would go bananas.
  • Reg Kingston: I think he's great, last three big singles matches he's had have been some of my favourite of the year (Punk/Bryan/Miro). I saw him at York Hall three years ago against LA Park and though he was meh, but I think he's got this great story behind him and despite looking like indie guy 101, he's real good in ring, particularly as a seller. That spinning backfist off the bat got me hooked immidiately. Punks best match so far as well. I'd also say he was one of the best talkers in the biz.

Reg the show as a whole: I thought it was fanstactic but falls short of an all time list due to there being way too much filler and some matches being overly long. I really enjoyed the Bucks match but did it need 20+ minutes? The Pac/Cody thing shouldn't have even been on the show let alone 20 minutes long. And the American top team thing should have been not much longer than 10 (and would have been better for it), once again went 20+. I wish they'd stop bloating the shows as the crowd got fatigued. I felt sorry for the women as they worked fucking hard and Tay was great but it had no crowd response like due to the positioning. Still, there were multiple 4* plus matches here and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
  • I'm told that it was originally a fatal 4 way, but Cody was injured, so they made it a tag match. Explains the weirdness, but could you not have just dropped Cody?

You probably could have trimmed the Bucks match. I'm not sure what was added by for example Christian doing the jump off the balcony as it went down to effectively pitch darkness. Going 15 minutes or so would have made it a better match I reckon, but as it was I super enjoyed it.

I'm delighted for Hangman as well.
  • More wwe budget cuts.
    Fightful has learned that WWE have released John Morrison, Top Dolla, Ashante Adonis, Isaiah Swerve Scott, Tegan Nox, Drake Maverick, Shane Thorne, and Jaxson Ryker.

Hit row have that big debut a month ago and have now all been released. Impeccable planning as always.
  • Wow I heard hit row we’re on of the best things on nxt. Was Tegan any good?
  • Yeah, Tegan is great. She's got a history of knee injuries though, which probably went against her.

I never liked Hit Row, so not too sad they're gone.

Pretty much everyone released shows how there is absolutely no joined up thinking between any part of the WWE.
  • Pretty much everyone released shows how there is absolutely no joined up thinking between any part of the WWE.

This is the bit that gets me. It seems to be a very incompetently run company despite making all the profit.

• Depsite the state of Japanese wrestling at the minute this is extremely exciting and there's some incredible matches to be had here, none of which include Muto:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!