Pro Wrestling
  • Frosty wrote:
    The only real, big negative on the show was the Dan Lambert segment. I don't need a Jim Cornett parody and him, his dumb UFC pals, and Jericho can all get in the bin. I can just do without it and his alignment with Page and Skye doesn't make any sense. Then on top of that throw in Jericho as the good guy while making awful gay jokes and the whole thing fucking suuuucks. I'm actually sick of Jericho and he needs to bugger off for a while.

Yeah, Lambert managing Page and Sky is odd.  Have to admit though Lambert’s shtick is new to me and I’m really impressed with him.  Going off at 100 miles an hour and never seems to slip up.  I do think he went too far talking about how everyone kicks out of crazy moves at 2 though; there are ways to get that point across without making it all sound fake.  Like I said though, really enjoying the shows atm so happy to see how it comes together.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Jericho have a spell.  Big fan of the bloke but he’s never felt less necessary in AEW imo.  Would be fine to see him come back for one last big run in a few months, hopefully in better shape (I say that as a bloke 10+ years younger and in worse shape).
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Don’t know if anyone watches Dark Side of the Ring but the episode that aired Thursday has pretty much ended Ric Flairs chance of appearing on AEW. If Khan decides to use him he’s a fucking dick.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    Don’t know if anyone watches Dark Side of the Ring but the episode that aired Thursday has pretty much ended Ric Flairs chance of appearing on AEW. If Khan decides to use him he’s a fucking dick.

Havent seen it but how so?

SFV - reddave360
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Tommy Dreamer has been suspended from Impact on the back of it as well.
  • They already employ Dustin, and despite DSotR, not saying so, he's specifically named in the lawsuit taken by the hostess, as constantly harassing her verbally, groping her, and then rubbing his groin against her.

They've also employed other people with similar history.
  • Today I learned of Orange Cassidy who appears to be some kind of hung over Calvin Harris gimmick. I am very amused by this.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Today I learned of Orange Cassidy who appears to be some kind of hung over Calvin Harris gimmick. I am very amused by this.

Orange Cassidy is great. The laziness, the pocket stuff, how exciting it is when he starts to go is all so much fun.

I'm really not into this current feud with Matt Hardy though. That's Hardys fault though as he's terrible and I just want him to bugger off. He was involved in 2 matches and an angle on last week's Rampage. And Rampage is a one hour show.

It's Danielson vs omega tonight and I am very much up for seeing Danielson kick Kenny Omegas head in. Think the last match of his I saw was money in the bank last year so it has been a while. Probably stick match in inverted commas for that one as well.
  • So this show tonight is the biggest non-wwe crowd in over 2 decades in America, with just under 20K attendance. The hype video is fuckign fantastic and they should stick some of this stuff on Dynamite and not leave it on the youtube:

• Oh nice, I haven't seen that yet. Some of the shots on twitter from setting up the arena were really cool. Should be a really fun show.

Normally watch this on my second screen while working but I'm going into the office today so that's a no go. I guess I'll watch it tonight and try and avoid spoilers all day. My wife will be very pleased about this.
  • Watched the last 5 minutes on YouTube. Looked immense. Not keen on the headbutt spots but god damn i love daniel bryan. Still find sone of omegas mannerisms a bit ott but no denying he can go as well.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Really fun match.  They were just getting warmed up!

Quality show all round, most interested to see what happens with Cody after that.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • That was brilliant! Really loved Wednesday's show top to bottom. Can't wait to see what's next.

Also I can't believe how good Sting was during his match, he looked incredible.
  • Someone should push that Sting kid he's money
  • Like I thought the Dnaielson match was great but like, not this great

FAFzCYJX0AAVI5h?format=jpg&name=medium

I've seen 2 better matches this week alone. Anyone else use Grappl out of interest?
  • Never heard if it before now.

Watching Grand Slam, yeah, match was good but not that good. Ending alone dropped it.

No idea what Cody was thinking with anything he did at any point on this show. Arn falling off the ring was the highlight of the match for me.
  • ...um...

Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's brilliant and exactly the right level of wrestling dumb.
  • It looks ace.

Rampage was not ace.
  • Undertaker thing looks unwatchable.
  • Looks like Goosebumps
  • Any thoughts on extreme rules?

Thought the reigns match was good. Enjoyed flair too.

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • The ending was super weird. Aside from that, and the end of the Flair match, I thought it was a fantastic show.
  • I liked the *spoiler* 
    Spoiler:
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • It didn't help that old buck tooth decided to go with a shot where you couldn't see anything for the live shot.
  • That Undertaker thing looks hideous, I get the whole irony thing, but I imagine it's just completely unfunny and the New Day are irritating as fuck.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    the New Day are irritating as fuck.

What???

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!