Pro Wrestling
  • ruh roh
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    the New Day are irritating as fuck.

What???

They scream and shout and wail all the bloody time. They suffered from babyfaces coming across like arseholes. Bear in mind I’m talking circa 2018 so I’m maybe unqualified to comment. If anything’s changed since then I wouldn’t know, though the video suggests otherwise and I did see that water pistol bit recently which was the pits. Though I do remember thinking Big E had something of a main eventer about him if he got serious, and apparently he’s there now.

I’ve watched some fantastic wrestling this week here’s some crackers, if anyones interested I can provide links,all I though were as good or better than Bryan/Omega

Ospreay v RKJ (Rev pro)
    Zack Sabre v Shingo (NJPW)
    Syuri v Momo Watanabe (Stardom)
    Syuri v Takumi Iroah (Stardom)

• EqsvNkJ.gif

:D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Its been a long while since I watched the fed in any main way but I thought New Days biggest problem was just over exposure. The concept was fine but it seemed to be getting shoe-horned into everything because Vince has so many hours to fill. Delighted Big E is champ now, hope he gets a better run than Kofi.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I don't like to shit on wwe for the sake of it as wrestling fandom is already negative enough but... But... everytime Adam Cole comes out to an absolute monster pop I can't help but laugh thinking about the reports of WWE wanting to turn him into Keith Lee's manager and changing his name in case people thought he was Michael Cole's son.

I know there were probably loads of ideas floating around for him but that one is just so good.
  • I do love hearing about those brainstorm ideas that never get off the ground.  The first time I heard of that stuff was from Mick Foley's first book talking about some of the suggestions Steve Austin got.  Imagining that poor bastard coming out as Baron Von Ruthless or Chilly McFreeze still brings a smile to my face lol

Arn Anderson, great return to form on Dynamite after last week's mishap!  Also had never heard an Ethan Page promo but he was quite good I thought.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Frosty wrote:
    I don't like to shit on wwe for the sake of it as wrestling fandom is already negative enough but... But... everytime Adam Cole comes out to an absolute monster pop I can't help but laugh thinking about the reports of WWE wanting to turn him into Keith Lee's manager and changing his name in case people thought he was Michael Cole's son.

I know there were probably loads of ideas floating around for him but that one is just so good.

Cornette actually did a run down of how that could have worked (he shit on the name change though) and it actually sounded ok. Based it off roddy pipers early heel stuff, cole would have been linked with a few promising guys who maybe cant promo as well.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Got reminded yesterday of when Arn Anderson proved he still had the best Spinebuster of all time.

The little pause before rolling out is brilliant.
  • who else had a spine buster in their run in to finisher. Did brett?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • or was it bulldog? someone of that generation i think
  • Big Dave Batista? The rock?

I might just be naming people who did spine busters
  • Ron Simmons and Triple H.

Rock did a really terrible one to set up the elbow.
  • Yes I think it’s probably the rock
  • For a guy who did lots of moves well he did make some moves look naff. His spine buster, his float over ddt and of course his sharpshooter.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Don't forget the dropkick.
  • He was very sloppy in the ring, but he's a charisma machine, so it didn't matter.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    Don't forget the dropkick.

I dont remember the dropkick. I do remember a very sloppy cross body.

And who could forget the finisher of finishers - the shoulder breaker!

SFV - reddave360
  • I love Randy Orton as Riddle's disappointed Dad.
  • Rampage and the live buy in on youtube goes head to head with Smackdown this week. AEW is likely to lose the rating but fuck it, they've added Danielson VS Suzuki to the card which has filled we with excessive joy.
  • Oh man.  Definitely checking that out.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Really enjoyed Rampage and Dynamite this week, was pretty much the Danielson weekend of amaze. I think it's Hangman's time now, it would probably do some damage for him to lose given this is his 2nd attempt at the title and coming off a loss to Omega last year. Lots of hot angles, I like this American Top Team thing, was a really fun match and they can get more out of it. Must admit though the tournament brackets were a bit deflating.
  • Im not a huge fan of hangman. I think he looks midcard level. BUT - in that vegas ladder match a few weeks back he did his slip clothesline on someone and while i normally hate that move, the way it was shot was excellent.

But wouldnt think he should get the title.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Pet Peeve incoming. I really wanted to watch this match as it is supposed to be great and I can fill my boots with my tolerance of one lucha match per month, however I had to switch it off in 5 minutes. Who the fuck films wrestling like this making it utterly unwatchable. Cuts every one to three seconds.

• The Kevin Dunn approach to wrestling. WWE is actually headache inducing to me these days, there's so many cuts.

AEW is a bit better, but not much.

The above to me looks like it might be using AI cameras to constantly switch to the "action" camera.
  • Even if you fixed the camera, the titan tron spitting out ads and the constant air horn in the crowd still would stop me watching.

Also, shouldnt lucha bros just be called bros in AAA?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Their hard cam is shite as well.
  • Their hard cam is shite as well.

Yeah it's really distant and at a flat angle, making it even more insufferable. Though you do get a great shot of some refreshments at 14:03 which is a nice bonus.
  • Watching Bound for Glory, I dont think I've watched TNA since Mickie was last there but it's not really changed all that much.

I find it odd that it has this really dedicated fanbase yet it's very much WWE Lite.
  • It’s violence you can peddle to children by avoiding showing acts in detail. It’s basically how the MCU does its bland business

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!