Pro Wrestling
  • Triple H is recovering from a heart attack.
    That's quite a thing.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    The Bucks match has been getting rave reviews and maybe I expected way too much but it really was a load of spots. The lack of selling from the Bucks is so obvious until the final five minutes. Too many of the spots look too staged for me (but that is a lucha issue in general) Not keen on it but cant argue that what they can do is very impressive. Just not how I like my wrasslin'.

I find this interesting because I have tried very hard to get into Lucha but for me it never feels like a fight and it feels like dancing. I try to watch AAA and CMLL's big shows and I'm non-plussed after 2 matches. I think I can take one lucha style match per PPV.

On a side note I do think some wrestlers get unfairly criticised for this non-selling lark. Ospreays the main one. The guy has had incredible matches full of great selling and because he does a few flips he gets written off. I'm a defender of the Bucks, and maybe because that's because I've seen more of their work, and to be fair that cage match did feature a lot of stuff that harkened back to parts of their earlier matches with the Lucha Bro's and I get that becuase to someone who's maybe only seen clips or the odd match I can probably see why that match in isolation would look like that. Though if you've seen their New Japan stuff or even the Hangman/Kenny stuff or FTR match and you told me you think they're no selling indie guys I'd just think you were out of your mind.

On a side note it's about 30 minutes until I get to see Moxley and Suzuki beat the shit out of each other and I cannot fucking wait. Wrestling is good.
  • AEW killing it again...

• "Manbun twat" is a pretty satisfying persona.
  • The show was a riot. Loved it. No cracking matches, but still a great show
  • i do not enjoy the lucha stuff. I find Ray Mysterio boring as fuck to watch. I know i'm in the minority but it's not interesting to me.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • AEW beat RAW this week in the key 18-49 demo. This is the 2nd time this has happened but I believe the first RAW had really harsh comeptition with some presidential thing. Interesting times ahead, how much of the post All Out views will hang around.
  • Is Vince trying to sell?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Answered my American Dragon question anyway.
  • Just saw OTT Wrestling are doing a show in Dublin again next month with Will Osprey wrestling a match. Tickets only went on sale today but are already sold out :'(

Never been to a wrestling show live and would have loved to get to see Osprey as part of that. Ah well.
  • So Big E is (deservedly) WWE Champion after winning it on RAW last night.

Not much has been made of it, and he's not the first black champion, but I think it's the first time two black men competed for the title, certainly the first time I can remember a black man winning it from another black man.

Closest I can think of is Rock and Booker for the WCW title during the Invasion angle.
  • Pleased for Big E as he's great
  • Dynamite was cracking this week, absolute fire. Next weeks lineup is an utter disgrace.
  • Agreed, great show.  Always enjoyed AEW but they've had me hooked since Black joined a few weeks back.  They're doing a great job of giving you plenty to enjoy in the moment while also looking forward to the next show.

Good news RE Big E too!  I forgot how long he's been with WWE, absolutely deserves a chance on top.  Could be really fun.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Honestly great decision to do it on the brand with the rest of the New Day.
  • Isn't there one of these rancid Saudi shows around the corner? Worry is they'll just squash Big E at that.
  • There is, but Lashley and Goldberg are in a feud, so this seems like a way for Goldberg to beat Lashley without having to put the title on him. Reigns vs Brock is already confirmed.

So I don't really see who they would have squash him.

• So I don't really see who they would have squash him.

Going on past treatment of main event babyfaces, im sure they wont let you down.

Also - My goodness, why are they feeding lashley to goldberg?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Lashley and Goldberg are in a feud
    This is news to me, but your plotting sounds logical. Whatever happens, I get the impression that Big E is just holding it for a friend at the mo, which is a fucking shame. Man deserves a good run.
  • At Summerslam, Lashley put Goldbergs kid in the Hurt Lock when he was attacked from behind. Rather than understand that Lashley neutralised an unknown assailant who had jumped the barrier, Goldberg got mad about this.

Lashley and MVP are going for the tag titles at Extreme Rules, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they win and take on Goldberg & Son at Blood Money.

I'm not really sure what they wilkl do with E. My hope is leave him off the card.
  • Agreed, great show.  Always enjoyed AEW but they've had me hooked since Black joined a few weeks back.  They're doing a great job of giving you plenty to enjoy in the moment while also looking forward to the next show. Good news RE Big E too!  I forgot how long he's been with WWE, absolutely deserves a chance on top.  Could be really fun.

I'm struggling a little with Dynamite the past couple weeks. I think it's probably because All Out was such a high that I want to feel that giddyness all the time. The pops for CM Punk, Danielson, and Adam Cole are still great but the matches themselves weren't really getting me excited this week.

I did enjoy Jade Cargill vs Layla Hirsch as Hirsch is great and the massive height disparity bewtween the two was a really nice visual.

Kenny Omega's performance during his bit with Danielson was great - the goofy Belt Collector was gone and he was taking someone seriously for the first time in months. I don't remember the last time we actually saw a serious Kenny Omega so it really ramped it up for me.

The only real, big negative on the show was the Dan Lambert segment. I don't need a Jim Cornett parody and him, his dumb UFC pals, and Jericho can all get in the bin. I can just do without it and his alignment with Page and Skye doesn't make any sense. Then on top of that throw in Jericho as the good guy while making awful gay jokes and the whole thing fucking suuuucks. I'm actually sick of Jericho and he needs to bugger off for a while.
  • At Summerslam, Lashley put Goldbergs kid in the Hurt Lock when he was attacked from behind. Rather than understand that Lashley neutralised an unknown assailant who had jumped the barrier, Goldberg got mad about this. Lashley and MVP are going for the tag titles at Extreme Rules, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they win and take on Goldberg & Son at Blood Money. I'm not really sure what they wilkl do with E. My hope is leave him off the card.

I'm quite out of the loop but could they turn Drew McIntyre and have a solid feud with Big E and build him up? Both are faces at the moment arent they?

Says a lot that I know most of the upper card on AEW and very little on who is top line for Vince. There's Brock, Lashley, Big E (well, we will see) and .... God, I dont know. Orton? McIntyre?
    SFV - reddave360
  • I think it's the draft next week so they'll probably mix it up then.

Or it'll be Jinder.
  • Brock is just back, and will face Reigns in Saudi Arabia.

Reigns will face The Demon Finn Balor at Extreme Rules.

Orton is tag team champion with Riddle right now, and will be facing Lashley and MVP at Extreme Rules.

McIntyre is now able to challenge for the title again since Lashley lost it, so could concievably be a challenger for E.
  • Is there anyone else they have? Not that any of those guys are bad, but feels like reigns and lesnar have been dancing around the main event for ages. I suppose seth rollins is there but good god almighty its a bit stale.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Na, Rollins is brilliant right now, but he's tangling with Edge.

AJ Styles could go in there, he's with Omas, but would still work.

Elias is being repackaged, and putting him straight into a title feud would be a statement of intent.

Jeff Hardy is there seemingly for  putting people over when they need, so he's a possibility.

People I doubt they'd do would would be great: Keith Lee, John Morrison, Mustafa Ali, and of course the one everyone wants, Cesaro.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Have Charlotte Flair feud with him
  • I have also suggested that.

It's worth pointing out that E is a Goldberg superfan, so if he does end up in a match with him, it wouldn't exactly be a punishment. He loves, in his words "big meaty men slapping meat" and slapping meat with Goldberg is his dream match.
  • Na, Rollins is brilliant right now, but he's tangling with Edge. AJ Styles could go in there, he's with Omas, but would still work. Elias is being repackaged, and putting him straight into a title feud would be a statement of intent. Jeff Hardy is there seemingly for  putting people over when they need, so he's a possibility. People I doubt they'd do would would be great: Keith Lee, John Morrison, Mustafa Ali, and of course the one everyone wants, Cesaro.

The problem for me is not the quality of wrestlers but the that most of those have already been on top in some form. Its more tellign that your list of "would be great" are the ones they should be pushing but will probably stick to the likes of Edge, AJ, rollins etc. Those guys are all good but they've been having main events with each other for ages (or at least seems that way) 

I mean 5 years ago Seth Rollins ran in on the main event match of Mania 31 between Reigns and Lesnar.

Edit - I just checked and Mania 31 was 2015! Its nearly 7 years ago and its the same Main event players. Thats like Hogan vs Andre at Mania 10!
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!