Pro Wrestling
  • What happened to Sasha? Twitter seems up in arms. Played street fighter for a bit with Curtis and missed an hour
  • Xavier is right. This is rough.
  • Not sure what the story was with Sasha - She wasn’t on the show at all.  Internet doesn’t seem to know what happened to her.

Was replaced with THE MAN!  Nice moment, but she jobbed out Bianca in 30 seconds which was a little mean.

Yeah felt bad for Miz Morrison and Xavier, having to do dead on arrival comedy in front of an exhausted crowd lol.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    What happened to Sasha? Twitter seems up in arms. Played street fighter for a bit with Curtis and missed an hour

Was rumoured she might be out after missing live events.

I did like the suggestion though from someone on Twitter that its because Allegent Stadium require everyone to be vaccinated to enter.
  • That certainly is a look.
  • Haha, I like it!  Probably hasn’t left his ranch in 18 months.
  • That certainly is a look.

Dean Ambrock.
  • Not sure what the story was with Sasha - She wasn’t on the show at all.  Internet doesn’t seem to know what happened to her.

Was replaced with THE MAN!  Nice moment, but she jobbed out Bianca in 30 seconds which was a little mean.

Yeah felt bad for Miz Morrison and Xavier, having to do dead on arrival comedy in front of an exhausted crowd lol.

Sometimes I think if there’s a last minute switch they do a dirty job because they don’t want to risk injury on the returner because they aren’t quite 100%
  • I liked SS overall. Some decent matches. Thought the flair match was probably the best along with reigns and cena
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Cole is a free agent as of Sunday. Looks highly likely he’ll jump. AEW has a huge roster with Bryan and possibly Bray also likely ending up there. How much is too much? Next 4 weeks is going to be very exciting,
  • A weird edition of Dynamite not liked by many though I thought every important bit hit home. I thought the Kenny and Christian stuff was utterly great, Punk was real good again. So in terms of the story progression it was a win, the wrestling however.....yeah not good. The womens match was terrible which I was surprised at because Velvet's been real good and Jamie was good in Rev Pro and Stardom. Some botchiness in the tag match as well. I liked the Cassidy match, he always manages to get a couple of giggles out of me. Also I'm excited for Moxley v Kojima. Kojima's old but he still hits like he's in his 30's.

satoshi-kojima.png

You may recognise him from a Yakuza game.
  • Haven't had a time to watch past the 2nd match of Dynamite this week. I've heard its a bit of a lukewarm one but that's fine I expect I'll still have some fun.

I know it's dumb but I'm really looking forward to the wingmen match as I find them hilarious. Ryan Nemeth's entrance theme is a bop so I'm hoping they come out to that.
  • Nemeth is wrestling’s best jobber at the moment, I find him hilarious.
  • That Garcia Allin match on rampage was real good. Big fan of Garcia, AEW wanna get that kid signed.
  • Yeah he's great. I've been enjoying his pairing with 2.0. It's good fun watching them call out the big dogs just to get stomped.

Pretty hyped for All Out tonight. It's absolutely stacked. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan on the same show? Hell yeah.

They've also somehow made Omega and Christian really exciting which after Hangman being removed from the title picture seemed a bit anticlimactic.
  • What time is that on tonight Frosty?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • No idea tbh. I'll most likely be be watching it over the course of tomorrow
  • Looked it up, it's the classic 1am
  • Yeah, that doesn't work for me sadly. Bummed, as it's such a genuinely exciting prospect. :(
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Omega v Christian is going on last. If at the end of the match if the lights go out, Final Countdown plays and Danielson comes out I may genuinely shed a tear. Hate that this is on a Sunday, tomorrow is a social media blackout day then.
  • I have the day off tomorrow. Presume I can buy this on fite?
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    Omega v Christian is going on last. If at the end of the match if the lights go out, Final Countdown plays and Danielson comes out I may genuinely shed a tear. Hate that this is on a Sunday, tomorrow is a social media blackout day then.

As much as I've enjoyed punks return (and aew have handled it so well), I've never been that impressed with his actual ring work. He isn't bad, but I don't think he was ever as good as people made out. Also hope he turns heel soon because humble punk isn't my cup of tea (I actually think the self depreciation is part of a build to a heel turn) I'm sure the match with Allen will be a cracker though.

Bryan Danielson on the other hand is a genuine top tier talent, both on the mic and in the ring. I don't think he ever go the chance to really go all out in wwe so I hope he can avoid injury and really shine in aew. If he does come out at the end the "yes" chant should be epic.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I have the day off tomorrow. Presume I can buy this on fite?

Yeah you can get this on Fite

I think this is the most excited I've been about a wrestling PPV since Wrestle Kingdom a couple of year back before NJPW went all daft.
  • Wow, now that's a PPV!  What a show.
  • Thought it was going to be a tenner, but €22, eh, I'm all out.
  • Um, what is the best wrestling company these days, for quality of output? I assume WWE has competition and then some.
  • AEW is good for the most part, but they do a lot of garbage hardcore shite as well.

For me NWA Power is just what I want. WWE still puts on great matches, just most things outside of the matches is shite. Reigns has been arguably the best heel in wrestling for the last year.
  • AEW is good for the most part, but they do a lot of garbage hardcore shite as well. For me NWA Power is just what I want. WWE still puts on great matches, just most things outside of the matches is shite. Reigns has been arguably the best heel in wrestling for the last year.

I'm really hopeful the arrival of Danielson and Punk will help curb some of AEWs garbage wants. They really go to that well (along with the post-match/interview run-in) way too much. But for sheer crowd heat, have to hand it to Tony and the boys. AEW feels like it has stepped up its game last few weeks. The Punk reveal was excellent. Brilliantly hyped and executed and the crowd response was great. I dont think he is the best in the world but that interview would make you think twice.  

WWE matches are probably more to my taste but at the moment the pure garbage they fill their shows with in terms of back stage skits, awful promos, fluff and frankly baffling plotlines make it impossible for me to even bother watching the big PPVs. Also, again to AEWs benefit, WWE still think that fucking over your fans is a good thing in terms of match and PPV finishes. 

Reading the highlights on the PPV last night, certainly feels like AEW has the momentum. But so many rumours that the reason Nick Kahn is so front and center with WWE at the moment is to facilitate a sale of the compnay aren't going away. Given the energy of an AEW show, its not unfair to say that AEW is what WWF was to WCW around late 1998.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Managed to acquire All Out this morning so watching it now.

So far, very good, except for Bucks v Lucha Bros. Anything that involves tacks, barbed wire, or broken glass can fuck off for me.

Also, just hate the Bucks in general. Just high spot after high spot with no reasoning for them other than "Get your shit in."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!