Monster Hunter
  • Watching some Rise on Twitch now, always looks great. I played a bit of U3 (?) on WiiU (yes, that machine WAS released), but it never hooked me, dunno why.
    With MH I always think the team dynamic looks superb, as does the tactical approach. I think this is a series I’d love to love, but never will :(
  • Why not just jump in with Rise? It's the most accessible yet and the most fun too. Lots of us on here will happily help you through
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Been playing this morning with the kids, they love watching daddy hunt big scary beasts.

Today I managed to get a full set of Sinister Armour for myself as well as my palico and doggo. I also crafted a sinister hunting horn and a sinister bow.

I look badass in purple.

Pumped a load of upgrade materials in to everything and now I'm unstoppable.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Nice work Wooks - this village or Hub stuff?
  • I don't need it. I really don't.

Then I’d suggest a different game at this point. Shadow of the Colossus has monsters only and no loot or status ailments. Maybe give that a try.

WTF
  • Nice work Wooks - this village or Hub stuff?

A combination of both. 6 star quests on village and 3 star on hub
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Village quests dried up earlier than expected but after a few online sessions with friends I'm officially High Rank in the Gathering Hub. It's perhaps been too easy up to this point but it's such a joy to play I'm not really bothered.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Heads up! Monster Hunter Stories has been reduced:

£3.69 on Android
    £4.99 on iOS

I've been playing it this afternoon and its just wonderful.
  • Curtis wrote:

£3.69 on Android
    £4.99 on iOS

Boughted!!! Thanks!
  • Bizarrely, I just tried the demo earlier. While it runs and looks a million times better on a phone, it's a battery killer apparently.

Also, "Monsties". WTF!

Tempted though :-), even if just for the audio when you collect items - that nostalgia.
  • Curtis wrote:

£3.69 on Android
    £4.99 on iOS

Amazing game.

3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Ayns, enjoying Rise?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Booted up MHW last night for a spin, seems like there are these weird FPS drops that I am having that weren't there before. Anyone got any ideas? Like it'll go from 100+fps down to 30-40 then back up in a split second, causing a kind of hitch. Very irritating.
  • Update your drivers?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah, did all that. Strange, wonder what's changed now. Was only playing it a few months ago with Subbax and it was fine. Not the kind of game you can suffer hitches and drops in like.
  • W10 update? Mine is on 1909 and it wants to install 20H2 soon. And then the fun will start, no doubt.
  • I'm on H2 and am fine.
    Try on/offing all the various in Nvidia's own panel (I assume you're using a GTX/RTX summat here).
  • Well, it's not quite as simple as that due to different PC configs.

Other than what Brooks said, do the usual - have task manager running in the background and alt-tab to it quickly when you get frame drops to see what might be causing it. Windows Defender has been known to cause performance issues in the past and people were white-listing it for MH:W at one time. No idea if that is still a thing - I don't use Windows Defender.
  • Also, this update to 20H2 'KB5001330' has been causing issues with some games. Might be worth looking into.
  • Very impressed with the visuals in Rise. Switch games that aim for a non cutesy/simplistic style often look hideous, but this is quite a looker considering the HW.

It might take me a while to get used to the fact that the on foot movement looks like a speedier game in slowmo mode though.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Ayns, enjoying Rise?

Absolutely! Clocked 225+ hours so far, so a bit early to tell, but I'd say my first impressions are favourable. Yesterday's update was also v cool.

3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Christ, that's some play time :)
  • 225? Jeez. Thought I was over-doing it at a comparatively anaemic 175.
  • I'm proud of my 30...
  • I mean, I'd probably only have 30 hours in if it were my choice. Unfortunately, the likes on Nina, Tempy and the rest constantly hit me up as they need a carry. Don't like to abandon my friends, you know?
  • I managed to get to 60 or so in my two week window. Not played it for 19 days. So not seen the new content and unlikely to until end of July when my Switch owning offspring returns.

225 is pretty crazy though even for the hardcore.
  • I've done close to 400 on World including Iceborne. It's fine. I'm never going to top the 2k+ I've spent on Destiny 2 to date.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Serious numbers!
  • Brooks wrote:
    I've done close to 400 on World including Iceborne. It's fine. I'm never going to top the 2k+ I've spent on Destiny 2 to date.

It's 225 hrs since 26th March.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    15 hours :'( pary

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!