Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Djornson wrote:
    I tried Sable. It looks amazing. The gameplay is fine. I can't be bothered to read that much text in a game, i'd rather read a book. Lol. My tastes have changed so much since the days of loving Final Fantasy. I guess i like games which tell a story through action and the journey and the... i don't know.. experience.

Nah, when I played the demo it really stood out that the text was unusually verbose, even for an RPG type game. I think they were trying to make it read more like a novel than a game - I was surprised at myself for not particularly liking it though. I like me some text but I guess I also like getting a move on.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • They must have changed that. It's far from verbose now.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Doing Dishonoured: Death of the Outsider.

Pretty awful opening level where you're powerless which is as much not fun as all the other DH levels they do this.

Characterisation and plotting also feels janky. I wonder if poor DH2 sales ended up rushing it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    For some reason they also changed the Blink effect to look like a unicorn fart.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The ragdoll mines are good though.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Doing Dishonoured: Death of the Outsider. Pretty awful opening level where you're powerless which is as much not fun as all the other DH levels they do this. Characterisation and plotting also feels janky. I wonder if poor DH2 sales ended up rushing it.

The last level is also fucking atrocious.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Flynn Crimson Thing & Dark Souls 3. I'm liking the contrast in difficulty.
  • Trying to play wolfenstein II but fuck
    Me i got bored of the intro
    Movie
    The Forum Herald™
  • Couldnt play Miles Morales now, that Christmas feel needs to be played at Christmas. So instead I bought the ps5 remaster of Spidey (which I hadn't played before) and its really good.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Last Stop, Death's Gambit: Afterlife and Hard Corps Uprising.

Last Stop is a mixture of quite well done and facepalm, much like Virginia really. I'm liking it but the interactive elements (other than the dialogue options) are weak. Mrs. Moot seems interested.

Death's Gambit shows promise but it's a biggun. Bought it to stop myself dropping £43 on Metroid really.

Hard Corps Uprising is brutal but I've had it for so long it's time I gave it a proper go. Managed to get to the end of stage 2 so far...
  • Are you playing Rising mode or just the arcade version?
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Managed to somehow switch FIFA into "one button" mode without noticing and having no idea what "one button" mode is assumed there was something wrong with the controller.  Thankfully there is not and I am no longer in "one button" mode but I did notice that the default difficulty is Amateur which would explain why Aberdeen keep pasting Rangers and Celtic 8 - 0.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Aberdeen keep pasting Rangers and Celtic 8 - 0.
    Sounds like my nightly wet dream
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Eric wrote:
    Are you playing Rising mode or just the arcade version?

I realised I couldn't stand the heat on arcade mode pretty early on and I'm playing Rising mode now. Which is almost easy now that I've unlocked tons of lives and continues. It's very good, if the flying surfboard stage hadn't annoyed me so much I'd say it was excellent. My only real gripe is how utterly useless the main weapon is if you lose a power up.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Outriders

As it’s on GP decided to give it another go after being really underwhelmed by the demo. It’s very janky, the voice acting is terrible, the characters are all cliched and the camera in the cutscenes is giving me nausea. Yet there is fun to be had in the class I’m playing. It’s Trickster jobbie with teleports and slow magic powers. The setting is interesting if nothing else.
  • Death's Gambit

Good if somewhat derivative soulslike x metroidvania. The fighting and leveling system is pure DarkSouls, the 2d level layout on the other hand is metroidvania. It's intrigueing and solid but nothing stands out as new. I've reached the games version of firelink shrine and the world seems to branch of in different directions. Might scratch that itch for some waiting for Metroid Dread to arrive.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Are you playing the version subtitled Afterlife?
  • Yeah, think so.
    Latest dlc/patch? Not sure what changed compared to previous versions.
    It's pretty decent. If you enjoyed salt and sanctuary chances are you'll love this too.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I'm an hour or so in now, it's all a bit eye of newt with the masses of collectibles/trinkets/upgrades but I'm gradually getting used to it.  I quite like the combat so far.

Title update details:

Shocked that it didn't have a map in previous form.
  • I keep changing FIFA (21) from Amateur to Semi-Pro and it just reverts to Amateur again.  I get it, I haven't played a soccerball game in 20 years but I don't need to beat Motherwell 11-0.
  • That may be because you're changing the difficulty at the pre-match screen, the one before it loads in? If so, try switching the difficulty in the general settings at the main menu.
  • I thought of that earlier and tried what you suggested but it did the same thing again.
  • It should actually keep a record of what level you play at from each FIFA to the next so, if yours can’t even remember from one match to the other, it probably means trying a hard reset of the console and then, if that doesn’t work, a re-download of the game.
  • Death's Gambit proving to be pretty good but it's brutal and a bit fiddly. I know Soulslike is never likely to mean pushover but these bosses don't mess about. Should finish this before buying Metroid really, otherwise it might sink down the pile of shame.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Outer Wilds (PC)

I only needed to repurchase the game two years later from a client I actually like, disregard its incessant gamepad recommendation and stubbornly use mouse and keyboard, to completely fall in love with the thing. Currently going through the expansion and it is as brilliant as the rest.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • It should actually keep a record of what level you play at from each FIFA to the next so, if yours can’t even remember from one match to the other, it probably means trying a hard reset of the console and then, if that doesn’t work, a re-download of the game.

I convinced it. Eventually.
  • Another fun wee go of Sable this evening with E.  We
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (SeX)

Started this cos of find Quest nonsense... but it's actually kinda fun, so I've continued. Occasionally a little clunky, at least it's trying something different, and the central mechanic has held up this far. Even moot might enjoy...
  • Played the demo and didn't, but then I saw it for 99p a few months later and bought it anyway because I'd read some good things.
  • Aaero - ryhtmn action on rails shooter. It's fun. Music is basically a whole new genre to my old ears so that's a bonus, broadening horizons (free with games with gold)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!