Elden Ring no spoiler tags friendly exploration thread
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    He does mention that one of them they don’t know whereabouts of yet or something or should tackle later. Or something.

There are more shard bearers than the inial lot he names, some of them are named in the intro cinematic.
  • I must say part of me was disappointed when I eventually saw the two fingers and it wasn’t a traditional two fingers. It makes me worried about the size of the end boss though!
  • It makes me worried about the size of the end boss though!
    damn, I hadn't thought of that!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I have beaten the first boss on the bridge to the castle. Was very sloppy and ended it with the tiniest slither of health but I'll take it. Think I've cleared most of the starting area so it's time to move into the castle.

Haven't found any new armour so I'm hoping there's something in this castle that'll suit me.

I did find the big pot guy that was stuck in the ground. That was weird.
  • He wants to be hit hard from behind with your sword!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeesh was making some guys headway, couldn't see a bonfire so carried on, fell down a hole, got attacked, and then
    Spoiler:

Bye bye runes.
  • Has anyone met a woman under witchbane ruins? she keeps talking about frothing degenerates but I don’t know what else to do with her. I assume not Kill her.
  • Lol I thought I had an idea about the bounds of the map and now I’ve accidentally ended up a million miles north of that.
  • Of course I walk into a giant iron man
  • Has anyone met a woman under witchbane ruins? she keeps talking about frothing degenerates but I don’t know what else to do with her. I assume not Kill her.
    I errr....did kill her.
  • Good job! O.O

I seem to have met a boss called Lionel Messi.

• I was getting quite frustrated at this last night, starting in Raya Lucaria.
    Got to a boss character that's a big red fox thing, but i don't think it's the big boss with similar name (or i completely misunderstood the clue to their location)...died a few times but it wasn't the boss that was the problem, most of the deaths were just from learning and getting sloppy, it was the run to it. There's a few groups of those 'the burger king' looking mofo's and getting past them each time is such a slow boring chore. I can't take them on in groups cos of the damage they do to me, and picking them off individually is easy but it takes soo long....let them know you're there, wait for them to stop spamming their attack against the wall, wait for them to slowly tiptoe after you, smack them, repeat with all the others. It's the first boss I've found really frustrating cos of the run back to them.
    Anyway, i decided i'd try going somewhere else, so used a teleport thing to end up back right at the very intro of the game...got some vengeance there, walked back to were I arrived at that location only for the cliff edge to collapse and i died. Might have been funny in isolation but after the other frustrations i decided that was enough for one night. :|
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You can just run and roll past enemies
  • If the boss you’re talking about is Lionel Messi or whatever it’s called (is it on an island?) then there’s an easy way to run to him.
  • In my continuing effort of just exploring all the beginning area, I've stumbled across the demi-human forest person to the south on the weeping peninsula. Will take them on next time I play. I also have the castle type thing to the south that the big arrow firing guy was in front of. Took him out fine, but haven't moved into the castle yet.

It's been good to get flask enhancements through exploring all these areas.

Not sure where to focus in terms of stat points though... I'm a confessor. Currently rocking the Twinblade one handed, with my starting shield. So my dex is quite high, haven't improved strength, but have chucked points into health and stamina.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Radagan, big bad wolf, something to do with Rennala's husband
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • What, like some kind of coward? ;)
    I think everyone should put down their magic weapons and come face me like a man...preferably one at a time. :)

I also didn't think that was viable due to the times i got hit rolling around with just a few of them and running out of stamina.

edit: was in response to DS, didn't expect the other replies to sneak in! ;)
  • If the boss you’re talking about is Lionel Messi or whatever it’s called (is it on an island?) then there’s an easy way to run to him.
    No but i was relieved when I tested the short route to that one!
  • Rennala went down today, purely with a bit of luck. 

I've included the way I did the run up which wasn't too bad considering.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • There's a better way to get to her to the left Rev! That's the way I was going until Tempy or DS mentioned the other way. It's a bit quicker!

I see clothes clipping through shields is still a thing then. I wouldn't be able to handle that lol.

Well done Rev!
  • Rev wrote:
    Rennala went down today, purely with a bit of luck.  I've included the way I did the run up which wasn't too bad considering.
    even if there is a quicker way, unless it brings it down to a couple of seconds i find this a total joke. no reason they couldn't stick a site of grace or checkpoint stake at the boss...they've even planned routes so you can get there without fighting, so it's just deliberate time wasting.
    It might be petty but this kind of annoyance is genuinely game ending for me, if i ever get this far and have to repeat that journey more than a couple of times there's a good chance i'd just sack it off and never go back.
  • Just skimmed the thread as I haven't started this yet but I'm back home tonite and plan to get stuck in.

Serious lack of git gud in the thread so far! ;)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That's exactly where I am.  Both directions seem much of a muchness tbh - right has no enemies which helps it a little, sticking right avoids the balls?

For fox dude, I fortunately beat him second time, but my way up was:
     - kill the first solo dude
     - tiptoe past the second and third dudes
     - dash onwards, right up the thing, right again up the stairs
    basically nothing gets you in any of that, and jobs a goodun.
  • I've noticed this does suffer like Sekiro does with the small space camera fighting. Was on the double statue fight and a couple of times the camera went on a two week holiday before it decided to behave itself.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah I often do boss battles without lock on, especially in tighter spaces. Camera is prone to a gimp out.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    That's exactly where I am.  Both directions seem much of a muchness tbh - right has no enemies which helps it a little, sticking right avoids the balls? For fox dude, I fortunately beat him second time, but my way up was:  - kill the first solo dude  - tiptoe past the second and third dudes  - dash onwards, right up the thing, right again up the stairs basically nothing gets you in any of that, and jobs a goodun.

Pretty good at avoiding the balls so I never found the run up that much of a hassle. The first phase was easy. The second phase you can easily get too greedy as she susceptible to bleed and stagger.
  • Balls stopped for me.  Maybe because I took out some guys in that room.  Or something.  Not sure why.
  • I jumped off a balcony and took a ladder up to some mages and a pumpkin head.
  • Rev wrote:
    I've noticed this does suffer like Sekiro does with the small space camera fighting. Was on the double statue fight and a couple of times the camera went on a two week holiday before it decided to behave itself.

Oh yes, camera is still terrible - circa 2000s technology. Luckily, a lot of the game is more open so it's less annoying, but really irritating in tight areas. Makes travelling on narrow ledges fun as well - camera suddenly frees up and you end up moving towards the edge of the ledge instead of straight ahead.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    That's exactly where I am.  Both directions seem much of a muchness tbh - right has no enemies which helps it a little, sticking right avoids the balls? For fox dude, I fortunately beat him second time, but my way up was:  - kill the first solo dude  - tiptoe past the second and third dudes  - dash onwards, right up the thing, right again up the stairs basically nothing gets you in any of that, and jobs a goodun.
    running? SNEAKING? alright Gollum. ;)

(cheers i'll give it a go next time)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!