Gran Turismo 7 - PS5 reboot!
  • A win from second on race a and a fifth from 11 th on race b. The podium was in sight but it got tense and I lost a bit of time
    The Forum Herald™
  • Podium
    On race B
    The Forum Herald™
  • Come on man. You need to give us more!

Rank & car?
  • Still rank d but I’m loving the reverse deep forest

Bought my own scooby

Your man’s tip for the last corner line is ace and cos of the tight hair pins there’s lots of scope
    For
    Legit racing
    The Forum Herald™
  • Sorry just ranked up to c the last of my wins for this week then
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Your man’s tip for the last corner line is ace and cos of the tight hair pins there’s lots of scope For Legit racing

Going wide and hitting the apex late? Yeah, that's how I do it. It's a really tricky course I think. I'm more comfortable racing it in the McLaren, but it just gets destroyed on the straights by the usual WRX/Atenza/GTR crew.

I'm too scared to even try race C.
  • I love that track but it’s too long at 10 laps
    The Forum Herald™
  • First c class win!

And got a gg
    Message after !
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bundled in with a load of A/B class racers this morning.

Absolutely gob smacked that they're 3 seconds a lap faster.. where do you find 3 seconds?. My best time is !.35.3 Anyway managed to make it from 14th up to 9th which I was pleased with. Interesting how people with a penalty react though. Some times they move out of the way and let you go pass as they know the penalty is coming anyway.. I've also had people fighting tooth and nail not to let you past even though they know they're going to get penalised.

I've also had a few people react badly to overtaking up the inside. you out brake them go up the inside take the corner and then just gently run them wide if they try getting back along side you. If done properly doesn't get a penalty but apparently you do risk them absolutely taking you clean off at the next corner.

280748075_10228555220484564_8362472702883929505_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=9BHsrZ7WCzQAX8x5NFt&_nc_ht=scontent.fiom2-1.fna&oh=00_AT-CGQGwhnTD-YuNXfDqRzhHG0Du_gIl_-f35k1DUd7GPQ&oe=628A26D3

My win

280762709_10228555220324560_4655716488259843265_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=IFT7anbaRVoAX-iBEzx&tn=g3ze79creegf3eQh&_nc_ht=scontent.fiom2-1.fna&oh=00_AT9N4Gp7XE8VUEHMqihKYDSjHrioc4TJi1jnMhMw77aoNQ&oe=628BAC8E

Making up 10 places.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Bundled in with a load of A/B class racers this morning. Absolutely gob smacked that they're 3 seconds a lap faster.. where do you find 3 seconds? 
    Welcome to my world ;) 

Bob wrote:
    I've also had a few people react badly to overtaking up the inside. you out brake them go up the inside take the corner and then just gently run them wide if they try getting back along side you. If done properly doesn't get a penalty but apparently you do risk them absolutely taking you clean off at the next corner.

Absolutely fine to take the inside line and deny them the apex. Guess people can't handle racing sometimes!
  • Had to be done...

e684e2c9d3cf25029997a5905de60768_photo.webp
  • Bob wrote:

Well, this happened to me on Race B this morning. Clean overtake on final corner. Forced him wide...

...then he dive-bombed into the back of me on the u turn corner. For some reason happy to swallow a 5 second penalty and lost some places just to prove a point.
  • I know it’s bonkers isn’t it?
    The Forum Herald™
  • It was a battle for 9th place too.

Kaz has teased an update for next week. 3 new cars and hopefully some improvements. It feels like this game needs a monthly update to keep things ticking over, given it's GaaS nature. We just need more proper events, tracks and yes, cars.

FTRmLIHUAAEtiCr?format=jpg&name=large
  • I really want them
    To add the mx5 nc roadster sport
    The Forum Herald™
  • drumbeg wrote:
    It feels like this game needs a monthly update to keep things ticking over, given it's GaaS nature. We just need more proper events, tracks and yes, cars.

Yeah I've really lost interest in this game sadly, but to be fair it's the same with Forza Horizon 5 but that held my attention for much longer.

• More flash but hugely less rewarding driving physics
    The Forum Herald™
  • I've not lost interest at all by the way, but I can see what it needs going forwards.

Can totally understand the disappointment with "career" mode, since there isn't one.
  • Doesn't seem the best selection of races apparently this week? Golf at the Red Bull Ring Short. Then Monza with the gt3 and somekind of single seater for the last race?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I think Monza Gr.3 is probably my pick of those. 

I tried C and it's crazy fast. No strategy though.

Loving that single player 30 minute mission on high speed ring with the dynamic weather and pit stops. Wish they would bring something like this to Sport mode.
  • Bob wrote:
    More flash but hugely less rewarding driving physics

Yes it's very arcadey, Forza.

Do either of you play with a wheel and pedals?

I use the pad, I've found using the right analog for accelerate and braking really nice actually!
  • I love the rumble on the ps5 pad .. you can actually feel the little clunk of the gears engaging when you change gear.
    The Forum Herald™
  • To be fair it’s not the best week. The golfs a bit crap and monza I find a bit dull with its long straights
    And heavy braking
    The Forum Herald™
  • ZMM wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    More flash but hugely less rewarding driving physics
    Yes it's very arcadey, Forza. Do either of you play with a wheel and pedals? I use the pad, I've found using the right analog for accelerate and braking really nice actually!

I use a DualSense. Would love to play with wheel/pedals but it ain't practical.

I had considered using the right stick, but didn't want to lose the trigger feedback. I know some people use right-stick up/down for gear shifting, which sounds cool, but am happy with the default mapping for this.
  • digi wrote:
    Still haven't managed to improve my last 2 on s license to gold yet. Not seeing many times on there, folks here just given up or not bothered?

Going through these trying to get golds at the mo. Just done the Tokyo one. Not much margin for error at all in that one!
  • I got suckered in by Forza Horizon's Ferrari season so will return soon.
  • Digi has put in some good times to aim for on the S license tests. Currently struggling with Laguna Seca.

Downtime scheduled for this morning btw. Expecting the update.

Edit: just found patch notes and it's a good update on the surface. New menu books, events, cars and even online TT!

https://www.gran-turismo.com/es/gt7/news/00_3170146.html
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Digi has put in some good times to aim for on the S license tests. Currently struggling with Laguna Seca.

Downtime scheduled for this morning btw. Expecting the update.

Edit: just found patch notes and it's a good update on the surface. New menu books, events, cars and even online TT!

https://www.gran-turismo.com/es/gt7/news/00_3170146.html

Iv not tried to put in times just tried to get gold and move on, only been allowing myself the time it takes to do my daily mileage lately. (Every other day).
    Still haven't done Tokyo and the finale.

Update looks meaty and good.
  • Same Davie, just trying to get golds, which results in a great course time in most cases.

Online TT here we come!
  • Current ratings: C S

Race A is proving to be really brutal online this week. Lot of getting punted off into gravel traps. Really slow cars and a really short lap mean it's almost impossible to get back in to the action and it's really tight with track limits. Somehow managed to get a time penalty for being punted off.

Race B. bought the subaru but I still don't like the race. Got a five second penalty too.

Decided this week isn't for me and move on.

also the prize boxes appear to be pre-determined and not random at all ( I know shocker right?). Got awarded a car. Switched off as I assumed it auto saved. Next time I switch on it's not been opened. Open it again. Same result with teh same car.
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!